Interesting Facts Thread

DreadFighter

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it cheating if I post every Snapple fact in existence?

Anyway, cold showers are god for you. Like, reeallly fucking good for you. Increased testosterone production, improves blood flow, great for skin, great for hair, cold shower therapy for depression is a thing.

Is it cheating if I post every Snapple fact in existence?

Anyway, cold showers are god for you. Like, reeallly fucking good for you. Increased testosterone production, improves blood flow, great for skin, great for hair, cold shower therapy for depression is a thing.

Adding on to this:

It also keeps you awake, whereas hot showers make you even MORE sleepy.

Weegee wai

it was just a dumb thing i left for the thread just in-case it got too dead

I don't really see anything bad about this thread, interesting facts are interesting

I know I've heard plenty before but I forget all of them ;u;

So here have what I found from a quick google search

cguzP.png

cguAw.png

All the rest of them are here~

Edited by Freohr Datia

I don't really see anything bad about this thread, interesting facts are interestingI know I've heard plenty before but I forget all of them ;u;So here have what I found from a quick google searchcguzP.pngcguAw.pngAll the rest of them are here~

as far as elephants being afraid of things go, there's an elephant in the donkey kong universe that is afraid of rats. There's even a stage in dk3 where the elephant stampede upon noticing a rat or three, and you have to get to the end of the stage on a mad run where all you can control is the jumping.

I mean its kind of a fact isnt it?

I've heard that when it comes to elephants and mice (and probably rats too) elephants really just seem as if they're afraid of mice just because they try to avoid stepping on and killing mice, so they try to stay away from them

I don't remember where I heard it from though... I'm tempted to say Mythbusters (edit: hmm when I check back to the episode it looks like they don't say anything like that, they just say "it's plausible that elephants are afraid of mice" so it might have been something else idk)

[spoiler=*dies*]cgvwX.png

Edited by Freohr Datia

The majority of the pyramids and tombs built in Old Egypt, even the ones with security systems for prevention, were grave robbed within a century of sealing it.

Edited by Monde

Oh, entire elephant beards will stop and be silent when they come across the bones of another elephant. They're also one of the few animals that recognize that they reflect in a mirror.

Adding on to this:

It also keeps you awake, whereas hot showers make you even MORE sleepy.

Adding to the add-on

They also work wonders for hangovers. Nothing bitch slaps you into reality faster than a dose of cold water.

Oh yeah, and then there's the fact that your voice is actually a higher pitch than you think it is.

Oh, entire elephant beards will stop and be silent when they come across the bones of another elephant. They're also one of the few animals that recognize that they reflect in a mirror.

Elephant beards wtf? Autocorrect?

Crows are recognized as being one of the more intelligent bird species. When one was given a bottle with food in it and a wire, it bent the wire into a hook and retrieved the food. Also, in regards to the elephant funerals, crows apparently do too. When a member of their flock dies they will all crowd around, have a moment of silence, then fly off. Dunno if that last one is true though.

Siiiiigh yes I don't need that video to tell me how different my voice sounds in recordings compared to what I hear~ Although at the same time I did need that video because I always thought that the difference was that recordings didn't pick up sound the same way our ears did and that to anybody else my voice sounded different than in recording as well (although I always wondered how that worked, because I thought "wouldn't our ears just misinterpret the recording sound back to different/familiar again anyway? how did hearing it from the recording act any differently than hearing it from the source?)

If only there was a way to show everybody else what kind of voice I actually hear, I am almost curious now about how others' voices sound to them compared to how I hear

Edited by Freohr Datia

[spoiler=oh my god I love this article]cgzdz.png

cgzfQ.png

wee, more on crows~

cgzjG.png

cgzq2.png

cgzu1.png

cgzHo.png

Well.... that's great to know why Specta's cat loves to headbutt me all the time~ ;u; (I mean I knew it was a sign of affection but now I know more specifically~!)

and again, link to all the rest

Edited by Freohr Datia

The oldest player to score in a World Cup was Roger Milla of Cameroon, at 42. In the same match, one Oleg Salenko (about 90% sure that's his name?) of Russia netted 5 in a 6-1 win, which is an individial goalscoring record, and yet it's Milla's record that people remember.

[spoiler=oh my god I love this article]cgzdz.png

cgzfQ.png

wee, more on crows~

cgzjG.png

cgzq2.png

cgzu1.png

cgzHo.png

Well.... that's great to know why Specta's cat loves to headbutt me all the time~ ;u; (I mean I knew it was a sign of affection but now I know more specifically~!)

and again, link to all the rest

Umm regarding #17.. I guess now wouldn't be a good time to show that Otters are really fucked up creatures?

People with high IQ's usually stay up later because of increased brain stimulation

That explains so much, I get on to a train of thought for like hours and next thing you know I'm still not asleep and it's like 12:30 and there's school tomorrow.