SF won't let me change my sig!

Magical Glace

Courtesy of Raven, here is an image source you can use as a Temp!replacement.

So SF won't let me change the image in my sig.

I know the new image is within site rules, I've used it before.

Every time I try, SF says it can't fetch the dimensions of the image.

So... Is it just me? Or are there others sharing this struggle?

While I'm at it, I don't think we can upload Avis from image rule atm, or at least, we couldn't. Not sure if that's still the case.

[spoiler=BTW, here's the image.]cxMLWCz.png

Edited by Glaceon Prince

Ditto, happened with Febro and I too. Don't know how he fixed it, but I managed to upload the image through capturing the picture with gyazo. I don't really understand why, but it seems it's just image hosting sites like imgur and imgbox that won't work. The gif is pretty bad quality though compared to its original. T_T

Edited by Monde

I've been having the same issue since who knows when - both with avatar and sig changing.

For the record, this image is what I've been trying to change to:

Marian1.png

(Actually, I've tried to change to some others, but those didn't work either)

Edited by Levant Caprice

This is why Peekachu is no longer in my sig. For some reason, no matter where id host it, the forum would just hang. I pm'd Jyo about it several days ago.

Jyo, why you leave me hangin' bruh?

Apparently it's a bug with imgur images, or so I was told.

Huh. But that doesn't explain why any time I attempt to change my avatar or sig, it doesn't work; none of the prospective images for my avatar are from imgur.

Edited by Levant Caprice

fun fact for those of you using gyazo sigs I'm PRETTY SURE gyazo deletes images after a while even if they do get views

Fun fact: I had to modify the forum's code (Actual code. Not a skin template, but the actual PHP code the forums use.) to fix this issue. It was caused by our intentionally overzealous firewall, but short of whitelisting every image server ever, I've yet to find a more clean solution. I'll keep looking, but at least it works in the meantime.

The only reason gyazo and puush worked was because they /happened/ to be hosted on servers within the IP ranges that I whitelisted.

fun fact for those of you using gyazo sigs I'm PRETTY SURE gyazo deletes images after a while even if they do get views

it takes a long freaking time for gyazo images to get deleted so i figure by the time the images even get deleted the issue would have been solved already

Edited by xXHoshiHeartsXx

it takes a long freaking time for gyazo images to get deleted so i figure by the time the images even get deleted the issue would have been solved already

yeah I figured

I just thought I'd inform the people who were going to be too lazy to change theirs once the issue was resolved

Fun fact: I had to modify the forum's code (Actual code. Not a skin template, but the actual PHP code the forums use.) to fix this issue. It was caused by our intentionally overzealous firewall, but short of whitelisting every image server ever, I've yet to find a more clean solution. I'll keep looking, but at least it works in the meantime.

The only reason gyazo and puush worked was because they /happened/ to be hosted on servers within the IP ranges that I whitelisted.

Thanks Jyo! Peekachu can come back now! Yay!

It took me forever last night to figure it out. Somehow I ended up highlighting the picture and copy pasting and it worked? It might be a weird loophole because even when I tried copy pasting before it never worked.