Why you should always have malware protection (SUPER IMPORTANT)

fengaridotdll

So... I was browsing for ROMS (I forgot to put on virus protection) And nearly got some annoying adware. So I installed Malwarebytes (Favorite antivirus of mine, like a better Norton) and scanned. It got rid of said adware, and it was fine

Edited by eclipse
Consistency purposes

I know just what you mean I once let my brother use my computer for a weekend with his friend and they of course disabled Norton as they claimed it was slowing computer and than downloaded a torrent which clearly was virused as there's no way call of duty is 100 MBs.Needless to say I never doin that again.

I know just what you mean I once let my brother use my computer for a weekend with his friend and they of course disabled Norton as they claimed it was slowing computer and than downloaded a torrent which clearly was virused as there's no way call of duty is 100 MBs.Needless to say I never doin that again.

Yeesh, I really hate "Antivirus" programs that are actually viruses themselves

Edited by Mastergabe2000

Posted · Hidden by Florete, October 19, 2014 - mentioned a ROM site.
Hidden by Florete, October 19, 2014 - mentioned a ROM site.

Also, I do not trust the Coolrom downloader so I will just import the Binding Blade JP ROM from my phone

...Norton itself is adware and almost a virus itself. http://www.jimmyr.com/blog/Norton_AntiVirus_is_A_Virus_97_2007.php

So true. And it is overzealous and tries to make EVERY SINGLE WIFI NETWORK password protected for no reason... Exactly why I stopped using it

• 3 weeks later...

if you're running windows with no av or protection software, you're literally daredevil

Not necessarily i ran my computer 4 years without a single problem it more so has to do with the user itself and their basic knowledge for example when download from sites that have a automatic installer it would be more wise to do 4c9eb8989440245e44faca90dd6ff3f7.png otherwise get a program that automatically disables the programs that include this ad-ware yes there is the odd chance you take a risk and get something like a Trojan rogue antivirus but there is always ways to get rid of theses without the detection if you have a general understanding of where most virus write there code you are write a general consumer would be smart to not run windows without a basic anti virus and anti malware program Edited by eclipse
Consistency purposes (again)