How bad were you when you just started fire emblem?

momogeek2141

191 members have voted

1. 1. How good were you?

• As good as I am now.
    • Very good.
    • Eh.
    • Pretty bad
    • Imagine the worst you possibly could. Then make it fifty times worse.
  2. 2. How many characters did you lose on your first run through? (approximate)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at myself now holy shit I was really really awful.

I'd say the same. I'm in the middle of a Thracia and FE6 HM run, and 3 years ago I couldn't even attempt to beat the first level in the latter. I guess it boils down to experience.

Edited by DragonLord

I was purdy bad at first. Had no clue what most of the mechanics were, used random, non-thought out tactics, and got a lot of game overs. But it was Awakening causal mode, so I lost no units (of course)

In my first run of The Sacred Stones, I lost all units except the Lords, 2 of the trainees (I failed to recruit Amelia), and Myrrh

I haven't gotten recruiting Rennac down yet, all he's good for is getting a Member Card. In everything else, he is far exceeded by Colm

I was so bad I thought the final chapter in FE7 was impossible.

That's what I thought too. I felt like the greatest person in the world when I finished. I hate Jeigans/Oifey's because of that except Seth.

I spammed Marcus, Isadora, Lowen, Harken, Pent, and Hawkeye.

Marcus was so jacked because I gave him every statbooster, and most of the major bosskills.

I think the one flier I used was Heath. He turned out to be ok.

My first FE was Blazing Sword. Back then, I didn't do basic things like check enemy ranges and calculate how much damage they would do to me. I didn't know how double-attacking worked. I didn't know about permadeath either, so when my Florina died, I saved over it and realized too late that she's gone for good. And next chapter, Lyn died and I just decided to start the entire run over.
When I recruited Dorcas, I was like, omg he has 30 HP, that's waaay more than my other characters, there's no way he can die, right? So I exposed him to too much enemies and he actually ended up dying because I didn't realize he only has 3 def. And I accidentally saved over it again, so I had to start the run again.

I thought the Mani Katti was an inferior weapon to the iron sword because it has less accuracy. LOL. Especially since it's terribly worded. "Effective against infantry"? Pretty much the opposite actually.

And then when I recruited Wallace, I was like, Omg best char ever, he doesn't take damage from anything and hits super hard. Lol. Though a new player will probably have to use him against Eagler and Lundgren. The only problem is he moves really slow.

And I remember bawling my eyes out at the end of chapter 10. ;(

I actually had a friend introduce me to this game, so I knew not to overuse Marcus. Though he also told me to use Rebecca, which was lol.

I didn't know how to recruit Guy and ended up killing him.

In chapter 15, Merlinus got ambushed by reinforcement cavs. Because this level is terrain-heavy, only Florina could save his tent fast enough. Surprisingly, she managed to defeat all 6 cavs while only losing 10 HP, with Merlinus one hit from dying.

In chapter 16, the Caelin soldiers managed to kill Raven before committing suicide on random enemies. Meaning I missed out on Lucius and Canas as well. And the same thing happened to Merlinus again, except this time, Florina defeated 8 cavs and only lost 2 HP. And then I realized how massively blessed she was, and I gave her the +HP +str + def stat-ups on top of that. She had like 37 HP/12 def, and 15 str and 18 spd.

The chapter 17 boss had Luna, which was an automatic 12 damage to anyone with a high critical rate. Florina had 37 HP and was the only one who's guaranteed to survive, and she one-rounded him with a silver lance. At this point, I started getting the hang of this game, plus I always had my uber Florina to bail me out of any situation lol.

I wasn't terrible. I started with FE8 when I was 10, and I didn't use the tower of valni at all (I didn't know what grinding was back then, so I didn't understand the point of going through a level more than once).

The first character I ever lost was Joshua, I didn't think anything of it at the time, but then I got to Jehanna and found out he was the prince and that just stunned me. Ever since, I've never let a character die.

I wasn't actually a good player, though, until after I played Tearing Saga. That completely changed my perspective on the series.

My first game was Sacred Stone, I left with about 9-8 units alive and the only reason I beat Fomortiis is because Myrrh did a lucky crit on him. The was when I was still 8 years old. I remember nearly shitting myself when Erika's Rapier is broken because she can't attack and I don't really undertand the trading mechanic very well. XD

First one was Fe9, but I watched my sister play it before I tried, so I knew how to play the game (and using the reset button lol).

I was too scared to play it... I was 9 or something at the time. I know, I was too young, but Fe10 was 10+ and had more blood.

I think Ike died on the prologue because I tried to save the vulneries.

I remember in my first runthrough losing Guy and Matthew, and not even noticing. But I think my tactics were decent. I overused Marcus, until my brother told me not to. Ever since then I've made it a point to not use the Jeigan characters if possible. I think Hector was my MVP, along with Sain.

let me put it this way

on my first play of my first game shadow dragon, i dint even have to try to get the side quests and some replacement characters.

that and i never made it pass ch 6x in my original run too.

now a days im decent id say.

Shadow Dragon was my first. I got up to chapter 7 with everyone in my army death expect for Marth, Merric, and Hardin. With marth being so weak throughout the playthrough. Since he was the lord I rarely had him fight to protect him. I couldn't beat the chapter so I quit fire emblem altogether. I came back a few months later to give it another shot, and I beat the game with Draug, Gordin, and Cain as my only deaths.

Edited by Jagen

I voted earlier but I never told you my reasoning.

But I played Advance Wars before Fire Emblem, so I had some sort of knowledge in being good at tactical games C:.

I had two starts: First with FE5, which I promptly left after Chapter 2 Gaiden (I think), and then FE8. The FE8 run went very smoothly, and my only regret was picking the wrong classes for some units. I lost no one in both since I didn't play the game completely blind.

My first game was FE7, and I'm never going to let this go because it's so burned into my memory, I thought if you treated battles like a quicktime event and pressed A at the right moment, your character would double attack.

My first game was FE7, and I'm never going to let this go because it's so burned into my memory, I thought if you treated battles like a quicktime event and pressed A at the right moment, your character would double attack.

Oh my god this is the best post. How did you mean the conspicuous "x2" floating around in the battle preview? :lol:

Played too Mother 3, eh? :D

lol My first game was FE7. To say illustrate how bad imagine playing on lyn normal mode on Eaglers chapter. I could not beat it without someone dying. My bold solution to getting through the stage was to only deploy lyn and florina. Florina takes lyn to a fort and turtles there while wallace kills everything as a general.