That moment when your childhood friend has a girlfriend/boyfriend.

IceBrand

tbf i have seen a relationship break a friend away from her core because there was a lot of hate going around

it was unpleasant ot be caught in the middle of

that's so stupid

two of my best friends are girlfriend/boyfriend, and after they started dating our group of friends started to hang out together even more

Had the reverse happened. Our group of friend started to hang out together before one of my closest friend and my childhood friend started dating

Well, I've had childhood friends who seemed like they were interested in me when we were in elementary school (teasing and crushes and the like). But by junior high and high school we had different classes, and so we all kind of drifted apart. I hardly see any of them anymore, my male childhood friends that is. I'm still tight with some of the girl ones, but none of them are currently dating in the same friend group. So I guess it's not really a problem haha

All my childhood friends have had multiple girlfriends now, I'm still single and alone. All of my female friends and long-time acquaintances also have boyfriends, one of them has a fiance. siiiiiggghhhhhh....

Also

i don't have any friends in a relationship. if one of them did then i would probably just leave them but i'm not completely sure

why the fuck

i say i'm not sure because i haven't yet had that experience where a close friend enters a relationship, but frankly, i don't think people in couples ever make good friends and no one has ever made me reconsider that yet, so.

dw you're wrong :):

I've only had really like one friend that I go alllllllllllllllll the way back to childhood with because all the others moved away and I lost contact with them and its funny because we both decided that things like crushes and romance were stupid and that we'd never bother ever but then--

..I dunno about her but I wasn't able to stick by that statement exactly 100% ;_;

I remember when I was in middle school, a friend of mine had a crush on this kid in our class.

I encouraged it by writing a story in which he got kidnapped by pirates and she saved him as a "Fruit Juice Ninja".

Then they dated for like six months then broke up.

And it was never to be spoken of again.

i say i'm not sure because i haven't yet had that experience where a close friend enters a relationship, but frankly, i don't think people in couples ever make good friends and no one has ever made me reconsider that yet, so.

but has anyone ever made you not reconsider it

Having close friends in a relationship usually tears apart friendships. Whether they bring their significant other everywhere with them, or they can't balance time with both their significant other and their friends, you end up drifting away from them.

I'd just be glad you don't have to mediate between your friend and their significant other when they fight or argue, I got stuck as the guy who had to apologize to my friend's girlfriend for all of the stuff he did wrong. All that pointless stress for something that barely concerned me left me way too happy when he finally stopped being obsessed with her

Edited by Spiky