There was a time where I wanted to play Yugioh

Junkhead

Of course, it didn't last. There's 10 million cards and I'll never know what are the best customizations and just how many other cards can counter my own, and the what-not.

):

In 2012, I tried to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh! since everyone at my summer camp was playing it (I say tried since I gave up again after summer camp due to the lack of people to play among the people I knew outside of camp). The last time I had played Yu-Gi-Oh! at that point in time was 2004. Needless to say, all the new stuff was a bunch to take in all at once. The phrase "What the fuck is a Synchro Summon!" was most definitely uttered. Fun times, Fun times.

In 2012, I tried to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh! since everyone at my summer camp was playing it (I say tried since I gave up again after summer camp due to the lack of people to play among the people I knew outside of camp). The last time I had played Yu-Gi-Oh! at that point in time was 2004. Needless to say, all the new stuff was a bunch to take in all at once. The phrase "What the fuck is a Synchro Summon!" was most definitely uttered. Fun times, Fun times.

*raises hand*

I really do like the story of how I came to utter that phrase. Basically, since everyone was playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, I challenged another camper to a match for fun. Now keep in mind that I didn't even have a legitimate deck, I just had all the cards I owned arranged in a pile, and I was facing someone who actually knew what the fuck they were doing. Anyway, I do something on my turn, and then he does a bunch of crazy special summoning stuff with Six Samurai cards and Synchro Summons Shi-En on turn one, which caused me to say the aforementioned comment after picking my jaw off of the floor from the absurdity of what had just happened.

So yeah, don't get wrecked by turn 1 Shi-En if possible.

I'm still baffled at the awful ton of cards that I don't know that can likely counter everything. Like, the hell do I do. I can't know all the cards that trump over me!?

Isn't yu-gi-oh a rip off of pokemon like digimon, bakugon, and beyblade?

no

i'm gonna have to fucking stop you right there

none of these things are pokémon ripoffs, especially not digimon

i can't believe it's 2014 and people are still making these dumbfuck claims. it was completely fucking stupid and wrong in 1999 and it's completely fucking stupid and wrong fifteen years later

Isn't yu-gi-oh a rip off of pokemon like digimon, bakugon, and beyblade?

Yu-Gi-Oh is actually slightly older than Pokemon IIRC, though I don't think the card game was implemented until after, I don't really know. Anyways, both card games are rip-offs of Magic the Gathering.

I played Yu-Gi-Oh in the GBA times. The games were nice, but nothing more than duel simulators. The meta was cool since there weren't as many cards and decks were simple.

my favorite "duel sim" was duel academy on the gba, but i found that the best yugioh games were the ones that didn't really follow the rules. early on they didn't know what to do so we had dark duel stories and forbidden memories which had their own rules we have now...and i LOVED them for it.

no

i can't believe it's 2014 and people are still making these dumbfuck claims. it was completely fucking stupid and wrong in 1999 and it's completely fucking stupid and wrong fifteen years later

pls don't take rabba seriously

Can we all just play and have and leave these "synchro" out of the picture.

no Stardust Dragon and Scrap Dragon and Synchros in general are freakin awesome.

And now we have black bordered cards called Xyz (Ekseez) that have a Rank rather than a Level and new Monster cards that can also be used as Spell cards that introduced a brand new mechanic to the game.

no

How dare you, I have a right to speak my opinion and I shall excercise it wherever I please. I know I'm wrong, but I can't give up when so many people have helped me get this far. I'm not that strong of a person, but I'm still strong enough to defeat you! For my friends and family, I WILL NOT FAIL! I WILL DEFEAT YOU NOW AND HERE, TO RESTORE PEACE TO ALL THOSE YOU STOLE IT FROM!

Play Magic Instead.

No, Yugioh is awesome.

no Stardust Dragon and Scrap Dragon and Synchros in general are freakin awesome.

And now we have black bordered cards called Xyz (Ekseez) that have a Rank rather than a Level and new Monster cards that can also be used as Spell cards that introduced a brand new mechanic to the game.

Just STOP TAL- TYPING

Ah, I never really played it much, I just liked watching the show because it was so funny! I think I posted about this before in another thread ;) But nowadays when I see 'synchro' and all these other new monster type thingies, I'm just like '....what'. I'm down with the old school version, and I think I'll stick with that :O