• The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Did you 1cc PCB Normal yet? PCB Easy? No? I don't want to hear it then. :P

(panicked but hey I feel that was a damn good Prismriver fight

and like I said that run will be improved)

Still... It's so easy >.>

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Why did you bomb twice to Merlin's second not spell....? Even on Normal, I'd consider that and the second version of it to be the easiest things Stage 4 throws at you.

Disagree. Del Gesu is definitely easier. 2nd Opening non-spell can get deceptively busy and since you are overconfident it's easy to make a mistake. Bombing twice is perhaps a bit much, but I can easily see once.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=35874

PCB Normal 1cc

Time to improve this crappy score.

I rate your clear 2 out 5 cherries. Some of your deathbombs vs Youmu and Yuyuko gave me shivers, good work. Lots of slop throughout, though, but you seem to be aware of that, so unless you want anything more in depth, I'll just give you a thumbs up for a good first effort.

Yeah, like I said, I'm definitely going to improve. I'm disappointed with myself for not capturing anything Youmu or Yuyuko had (especially since I captured some of their spells before), but its alright. The run is only sloppy because I wanted to 1cc ASAP (took me under 24 hours).

Also the second nonspell is easy. Like I said, I just wanted to 1cc ASAP. I could've cared less about my performance at that point. :V Besides, SakuyaA has so many bombs it doesn't matter.

Edited by Reiuji

Ah, finally this happened...

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=35896

[spoiler=Comments]

I'm honestly not too satisfied with this run.

Joururi World: I usually bomb once, so bombing twice here was sub-par.

Land Percuss: Oh well.

Den Den Daiko / Thunder God's Anger: I still can't get the hang of curvy lasers, despite having captured both on at least one occasion.

Alternate Sticking: Gah.

HSTR: I really, really hate this card, simply because it's so messy.

Blue Lady Show: Does anyone know why the slowdown didn't work? (Or maybe it did for the first bit? Not sure)

Should I try TD or IN next?

Between the two, IN is easier for sure due to getting a lot of resources to work with.

TD is also easy, but resources are rather limited. The patterns in this game are easier than the IN patterns, but if you mess up, it could screw you over in the long run.

Ah, finally this happened...

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=35896

I'm honestly not too satisfied with this run.

YOU CLEARED THE WHOLE THING, THAT'S WHAT MATTERS!

Congratulations!

Joururi World: I usually bomb once, so bombing twice here was sub-par.

It's worth mastering this spell because you get two rewards for it instead of just one. But yeah, bombing twice is extra resource loss.

Den Den Daiko / Thunder God's Anger: I still can't get the hang of curvy lasers, despite having captured both on at least one occasion.

At least one occasion is not enough to be confident at capturing. Spell Practice helps a lot here.

Alternate Sticking: Gah.

The difficulty depends on how much time you spend on it. Early bombs are baaaaaad since they burn time while she's invincible.

HSTR: I really, really hate this card, simply because it's so messy.

I hate it too. Second most annoying spell after Blue Lady Show for me. The drum rockets keep falling on my face!

Blue Lady Show: Does anyone know why the slowdown didn't work? (Or maybe it did for the first bit? Not sure)

Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you, but I heard yesterday that the slowdown works in Spell Practice only, not on Story Mode. I've noticed this as well because I also had a knife stuck on Raiko during the first phase in my Ex Clear but there didn't seem to be any differences.

Should I try TD or IN next?

Considering that you just beat DDC Extra, I'm not sure if your question is about Normal Mode or Extra Mode...

For Normal, I'd say TD is easier but it's very stingy with resources. IN has tougher patterns but a lot more resources. If you have a tendency to make silly mistakes, go for IN first. If you're confident that you won't often screw up easy patterns, then go for TD first.

For Extra, I'd recommend IN, because I find it easier. Both have Spell Practice, but Mokou seems to be more trick-based than Mamizou. Then again, considering that you just beat Raiko, who was mostly skill-based instead of trick-based, you might be more comfortable with facing Mamizou.

I'm not too sure what's with the slowdown, because I usually beat Blue Lady Show in 90s. The last time I tried, though, it lasted for 110s.

Who cares, I'm probably never playing DDC extra again anyway.

Also why is DDC hard so much more difficult that DDC normal?

Edited by Iceflare

I'm not too sure what's with the slowdown, because I usually beat Blue Lady Show in 90s. The last time I tried, though, it lasted for 110s.

Who cares, I'm probably never playing DDC extra again anyway.

Also why is DDC hard so much more difficult that DDC normal?

Why wouldn't it be?

Nah, you're right, DDC does have a bigger spike from Normal to Hard than most other Touhou games imo. Not as big as UFO though. And besides, you can still rack up loads of resources by auto-collecting!

This was my... um... fourth (fifth?) attempt at IN, and apparently whoever I got it from helpfully unlocked FinalB for me, so...

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=35917

I have no idea what I did. It wasn't even a serious attempt to 1cc, just a "maybe I'll get to stage 6 without continues" run, so oh well.

Naturally I suck, even more so because the last time I played IN was in September. Not capturing any of Kaguya's last spells, ugh

I should do FinalA next, just because I missed out on it.

Edited by Iceflare

This was my... um... fourth (fifth?) attempt at IN, and apparently whoever I got it from helpfully unlocked FinalB for me, so...

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=35917

I have no idea what I did. It wasn't even a serious attempt to 1cc, just a "maybe I'll get to stage 6 without continues" run, so oh well.

Naturally I suck, even more so because the last time I played IN was in September. Not capturing any of Kaguya's last spells, ugh

I should do FinalA next, just because I missed out on it.

yooooo nice