• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I guess, what I should do right now, is try getting Satori to learn stuff. If I'm not pleased with the results, I can ditch her.

Do you know where I can find out which enemies I need Satori to get hit by for the good stuff?

Oh my. Just noticed what the first post says.... Sooo...

[spoiler=Images spoilered for the sake of loading times]kzN6aEj.pngVs345hs.pngOAqrUGn.pngD9NikCv.png

And I also have Touhou Pocket Wars 2nd and Touhou Sky Arena Hayate, Kurenai & Matsuri.

All of this is probably about 45 GB, perhaps 50 GB.

I think I deserve the title of best Touhoumaniac of the year.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/The_Genius_of_Sappheiros/Characters/Satori_Komeiji Some of the names of the enemy or magic don't match the translated name.

Equip Byakuren with as much IND items possible and max out her status magic tree 25. Sexy Underwear accessory if you have it. Yes thats what its called boosts charm and control success rate. Also there is a formation that boosts IND.

Mind Blast - Mind Flayer (Palace of the Earth Spirits)

Sunburst - Sunflower (Garden of the Sun)

Mad Thunder - (Stage 13 Boss)

Area Heal - Hariti (Youkai Mountain) Charm with Byakuren

Mass Heal - Shugerja (Netherworld) Mountain Man (Bhava-aga) Charm with Byakuren

Clearance - Goby (Palace of the Earth Spirits) Use Byakuren's Control Magic and use Clearance on Sartori. If he runs out of mp then you won't be able to use the move.
This one is difficult to get since the encounter is very rare. The teleporter right before Sartori battle has 3 enemies which is the only place to encounter Goby.

Leaf Shield - Sunflower Fairy (Sword) must be grouped with either cockatrice or basilisk (Garden of the Sun Sections M and Q).

Also you have to interupt his casting by charming it. Use Aya to go first and cast charm with Byakuren. If you fail to charm the first time then you won't be able to learn it. Using Hinatory Skydance place Sartori at the front row bottom. At least thats where he seemed to always target. It's still not 100% guarantee to target that spot but out many times I tried getting it thats the character spot where it usually casted Leaf Shield.

Nevermind on Dispel you won't learn it till post game. Also probably best to skip Leaf Shield and Clearance. Those 2 can take a long time to get. Leaf Shield is super awesome but the requirement to get it is extremely hard.

just a bullshit test video, trying out some random things. a real video will be later, and I'll translate and explain and shit. Also, work out the sound sync issues, etc.http://youtu.be/4QUJ4CLzm6sYou can tell me whether or not it's good. I usually use either Camstudio or Camtasia, depending on my mood/needs/etc.

I think it looks solid, and I'm interested to see more.

I think after school I'll show you guys the Sanae-like roguelike game I mentioned on the first page. If I'm lucky I can get it installed at school.

The d/l links to the game are removed pretty quickly (at least were a year or so ago when I played the game), and apparently the rights owner (maybe the same person that produced the doujin game) also googles his name all the time, because when I did my LTC video series on YouTube I always had one click from the same Google search, if the website's Insight function is of any indication. So better do stuff behind the curtains or something.

Also, honestly, it's not that expensive, tbqf. $20 is less than what you'd spend on a real Fire Emblem game. Now obviously, if you can't read Japanese, you'll miss out on all the story, etc. etc. but if you can, and you're pretty sure you're going to enjoy it, it usually doesn't hurt to toss some bucks they guys way.

Just gonna contribute with some "useful" links before I go to bed, because this thread needs moar things.

The Touhou Wiki: The best place if you're searching for Touhou information. Games, characters, music... You name it, they have it.

Maidens of the Kaleidoscope: One of the biggest english Touhou communities. They even have Danmakufu contests! I swear I'm not getting paid for this.

Walfas: A little utility made in flash which is used to create Touhou comics. You can even create your own character!

That's all the pages I had saved. Perhaps I missed some other important one, but whatever.

I think the popularity poll says otherwise, my friend.

I agree, we need more PCB votes. We need more people loving CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!! *shot for overused joke*

Edited by ShadielTH

I think the popularity poll says otherwise, my friend.

I agree, we need more PCB votes. We need more people loving CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!! *shot for overused joke*

Huh

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/THWiki_Popularity_Poll#9th_.282012.29

I wonder what terrible sin Sanae committed to drop from 2nd to 11th place between 7th-9th polls.

That's true, but I guess a lot of people have trouble even navigating the page.

I don't expect anyone who doesn't know a lick of Japanese to put forth the effort to navigate the page. I checked English-side DLSite for it, but (unsurprisingly enough, considering the "Warning might be illegal!" error it pops up if you don't have all your system settings done right) it was not there.

It's because philosopher's stone and her exstage spell are evil.

But are people ordering them according to how much trouble they had with their spell cards? I don't even remember what they were like, even though I had played the hell out of these games circa 2008.

I don't expect anyone who doesn't know a lick of Japanese to put forth the effort to navigate the page. I checked English-side DLSite for it, but (unsurprisingly enough, considering the "Warning might be illegal!" error it pops up if you don't have all your system settings done right) it was not there.

The game's not even meant to run on non-Japanese computers at all, which doesn't seem to be a rarity when it comes to games produced in (and for) Japan. Not sure what exactly is illegal though; is it ordering a doujin game from Japan? Which law is violated if one does that I wonder? Or some of the regulations the producer of the game came up with?

Edited by Espinosa

Walfas comics are usually dumb. The only good ones are the ones by the guys who made Walfas, and thus guy http://dizzy.pestermom.com/?p=thcomic .

Some Youtubers make pretty hilarious Walfas skits.

Huh

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/THWiki_Popularity_Poll#9th_.282012.29

I wonder what terrible sin Sanae committed to drop from 2nd to 11th place between 7th-9th polls.

Sanae will always be #1 in my heart.

But are people ordering them according to how much trouble they had with their spell cards? I don't even remember what they were like, even though I had played the hell out of these games circa 2008.

The game's not even meant to run on non-Japanese computers at all, which doesn't seem to be a rarity when it comes to games produced in (and for) Japan. Not sure what exactly is illegal though; is it ordering a doujin game from Japan? Which law is violated if one does that I wonder? Or some of the regulations the producer of the game came up with?

I think it's just poorly worded computer lingo. "Has performed an illegal operation and will terminate" or similar. Honestly, I never saw the version of the error with "Illegal" in it, it just asked me to be sure to set things to Japanese (in Japanese, of course). But that's because I have my language for non-Unicode programs already always set to Japanese.

Bal will you be doing a playthrough?

Yes. Edited by Balcerzak