• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

BTW, out of curiosity, how hard is TD extra?

Moderately. The stage itself isn't too bad and the midboss is pathetic, but Mamizou can be pretty challenging and aside from Trance (which Mamizou isn't immune to!) you don't get terribly many resources. Be sure to practice Mamizou's spellcards in Spellcard Practice if you encounter trouble (her survival card especially) and you should get it after a while.

For what it's worth, it's the first Extra I cleared (although it's definitely not the easiest).

god story of the eastern wonderland is hard, suicidal enemies everywhere coming at lighting fast speed. no focus. random patterns with some levels of unfairness. Danmaku blends very well. WHAT THE CRAP WAS THAT FINAL BOSS. definition of luck. Besides stage 5 boss i rescind my opinion of this game. Fun, about on par with lotus land story.

Edited by Junk

Moderately. The stage itself isn't too bad and the midboss is pathetic, but Mamizou can be pretty challenging and aside from Trance (which Mamizou isn't immune to!) you don't get terribly many resources. Be sure to practice Mamizou's spellcards in Spellcard Practice if you encounter trouble (her survival card especially) and you should get it after a while.

For what it's worth, it's the first Extra I cleared (although it's definitely not the easiest).

I see. I might give it a try. MAybe. I stiull haven't beaten kero-chan.

suicidal enemies everywhere coming at lighting fast speed [...] random patterns with some levels of unfairness. Danmaku blends very well.

Welcome to the PC-98 era. :V

Even in MS you're shit outta luck if the bosses decide to sit right in your face all the time (or camp in the far corners of the screen during an attack where getting close to the edges of the screen would be suicide. Hello, TheDayTheSeaSplit!Alice). PC-98-era bosses in general move around way too much imo (although almost all shot types have huge spread to compensate, at least). :/

Btw, after watching some videos of Mystic Square on YouTube, I realized the music in my version is missing at least one sound channel (the drums most prominently). Anyone with some knowledge of PC-98 emulators (again, I use Neko Project) here know what I can do to fix this? Am I missing some mysterious sample files or something?

EDIT: Nvm this part, it turns out that simply changing a setting withhin the game itself fixed the issue. xD

@Kalas: Go ahead. The existence of Trance at the very least means that you don't have to master quite all of her spells to beat her; you can probably skip at least two of her non-survival spells if they give you trouble.

Edited by Scarlet

Still amazing :o

I'll do a scoring run of UFO Normal one day. First I'm just going to practice those stages, especially 4 and 5. Well, Murasa and Shou.

Edited by Z.M.

@Kalas: Go ahead. The existence of Trance at the very least means that you don't have to master quite all of her spells to beat her; you can probably skip at least two of her non-survival spells if they give you trouble.

Hmm.. Might try later.

Still amazing :o

I'll do a scoring run of UFO Normal one day. First I'm just going to practice those stages, especially 4 and 5. Well, Murasa and Shou.

good luck

I hate how my casual "just gonna play through and see what happen" runs have that tendency to turn out better than the runs I try hard to perfect things. Frustration OP.

I kinda can see why.

You're more focused on certain things in "Try hard" runs that you forget to notice other things. Also, in try hard runs you're more likely to stress out and get worried and mad and stuff.

THE DOUBLE WHAMMY SURPRISE

PCB blind SakuyaA Hard, Resurrection 50% capture, plus IN semi-blind Border Team Hard, Hourai Elixir capture.

(Semi-blind because I did play Hard before, even if it was literally like, 5 or so years ago, whoops forgot this is the second run after I died to Marisa because lol forgetting some spells)

This run goin bretty gud. Too winded to go play with Kaguya for the moment, though. You'll get your chance, infinity moon lady.

Edited by Fera

Lol damn, Fera's on a roll. Congrats!

....wow, is Yuyuko any different on hard?

The jump from PCB Normal to PCB Hard in general isn't very large. imo Chen and Youmu get the biggest boost in difficulty.

(Even PCB Lunatic wouldn't that bad if I could just stop dying to Chen lol.)