• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

for me it feels like keyboards are a lot better since you can use more than just your thumbs

like I have eight other damn fingers to use why am I using just my thumbs

Personally, I am in fact not just using my thumbs. I use the right shoulder button for focus, fits perfectly.

And yes, the Hard/Lunatic replacement for Hunting Ritual is a lot easier lol. So is the Lunatic replacement for Nitori's final spellcard, actually.

On that note, does anyone here have an XBox360 controller (and uses it to play on their PC)? If so, is there any way to get the Touhou games to recognize the direction pad instead of the analog stick? I'm used to doing movement with a direction pad on my previous gamepad, and I feel it's more precise for this kind of game. The analog stick works, but it sometimes doesn't register diagonal input very well (mainly when I'm trying to change directions fast).

Edited by Scarlet

Um, that's not what I meant... It's just that... Suwako's first spell...

It's evil okay. I've seen a replay of Scarlet's, and I still don't get it. I might've captured it, like, maybe once?

On that note, does anyone here have an XBox360 controller (and uses it to play on their PC)? If so, is there any way to get the Touhou games to recognize the direction pad instead of the analog stick? I'm used to doing movement with a direction pad on my previous gamepad, and I feel it's more precise for this kind of game. The analog stick works, but it sometimes doesn't register diagonal input very well (mainly when I'm trying to change directions fast).

One quick google search.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=9859.0

>xbox 360 dpad

and you call me and zm the heretics

Also, will look at those replays after dungeons and dragons night here with friends.

thanks, looking forward to it Edited by Blagi

I have to use a controller anyway, since my keyboard can't register down-left and up-right.

then get a better keyboard

if yours can't register six keys at once you're a plebeian

(but no really, just play with whatever you're comfortable with)

It's evil okay. I've seen a replay of Scarlet's, and I still don't get it. I might've captured it, like, maybe once?

I don't think RAYKITTY knows how to cheese the first spell.

Anyhow, maybe it'll be better to take a look at a replay with less pro dodging skills (i.e. mine): http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=34500

then get a better keyboard

if yours can't register six keys at once you're a plebeian

(but no really, just play with whatever you're comfortable with)

Kind of hard to do since it's a laptop keyboard.

Go towards the blue lasers when you see them.

You're welcome. :V

Oh, I didn't realize I had to screw around with the settings to get JoyToKey to work with it. Thanks, I'll try that~

I don't think RAYKITTY knows how to cheese the first spell.

That's not even a cheese, that's just how the spell works. xD

Anyhow, maybe it'll be better to take a look at a replay with less pro dodging skills (i.e. mine): http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=34500

My dodging skills in my MoF Extra replay most certainly weren't pro in any way, shape or form. I bombed all spells except two. xD

Go towards the blue lasers when you see them.

You're welcome. :V

Oh, I didn't realize I had to screw around with the settings to get JoyToKey to work with it. Thanks, I'll try that~

i get that, at least, but I still suck at it...

No problem-o~

I don't actually use the d-pad, myself, but I hope it works!

i get that, at least, but I still suck at it...

But that's literally all there is to it. Go towards the blue lasers as quickly as possible to misdirect the bullets, dodge the bullets, repeat. Very little effort required.

I don't actually use the d-pad, myself, but I hope it works!

Just gave it a try, and it does seem to work! However, the XBox360 controller's D-pad just doesn't feel the same, so I might stick with the analog stick after all... xD

That's not even a cheese, that's just how the spell works. xD

Going towards the blue lasers is the proper way to deal with the spell i.e. it's not the cheese I'm referring to.

My dodging skills in my MoF Extra replay most certainly weren't pro in any way, shape or form. I bombed all spells except two. xD

I assume you're referring to Suwako's spells because Kanako's ones are easy. I only captured two of Suwako's spells myself in my cleared run. And one of them (first spell) was a cheese.

But that's literally all there is to it. Go towards the blue lasers as quickly as possible to misdirect the bullets, dodge the bullets, repeat. Very little effort required.

Just gave it a try, and it does seem to work! However, the XBox360 controller's D-pad just doesn't feel the same, so I might stick with the analog stick after all... xD

oh, I see. I'll try tomorrow, when I have time.

yeah the xbox 360 dpad sucks. :V

that could be because the dpad is the one thing about the xbox 360 controller that's complete shit

Going towards the blue lasers is the proper way to deal with the spell i.e. it's not the cheese I'm referring to.

Oh, there's a different way to deal with it? xD

I assume you're referring to Suwako's spells because Kanako's ones are easy. I only captured two of Suwako's spells myself in my cleared run. And one of them (first spell) was a cheese.

No, I bombed Kanako's too (although mostly because I screwed up). xD

MoF is one of those Extras where in my successful run, I failed/bombed all the spells I usually capture, and captured some of the spells I never did before. xP

Oh, there's a different way to deal with it? xD

Basically a trick to completely ignore the lasers, thus utterly cheesing the entire spell.

I'll admit, it's not that hard to capture it legit, but that trick trivializes it so hard that I just can't resist cheesing it.

No, I bombed Kanako's too (although mostly because I screwed up). xD

MoF is one of those Extras where in my successful run, I failed/bombed all the spells I usually capture, and captured some of the spells I never did before. xP

Heh, that sounds like a lot of my Normal 1ccs. Mostly it's because my early failures push me into despair and that somehow causes me to play much better on the stuff I normally have trouble with.