Demigami

I thought of this as a challenge run for once I start my Lunatic and Lunatic+ Run and wanted to see if anyone else had the same idea.

Basically what I'm asking is this: If your avatar was only allowed to be in 3 different classes, which class sets would you pick?

Classes not allowed: Lord, Lodestar, Dancer, Villager, Taguel, Manakete,Gender Specific classes and Conqueror.

Since the Avatar starts off as a Tactician by default, you have the choice of either keeping the class line or swapping it for a different class once you obtain a second seal. You can still use DLC classes such as Dread Fighter or Bride and it will not count as one of your three classes.

For Example:

My Class sets would be Mercenary, Myrmidon and Cavaliar.

Edited by Demigami

Why no gender specific classes? I can understand the other restrictions, but that one doesn't make sense to me.

Well, if I can't use them, I would choose:

Dark Mage, Cleric/Priest, and Thief.

If I could, I'd replace Thief with Pegasus Knight.

Why no gender specific classes? I can understand the other restrictions, but that one doesn't make sense to me.

Well, if I can't use them, I would choose:

Dark Mage, Cleric/Priest, and Thief.

If I could, I'd replace Thief with Pegasus Knight.

Sorry I should have been more clearer, I meant that you couldn't choose opposite gender classes like a male unit as a pegasus knight or a female unit as a fighter.

Sorry I should have been more clearer, I meant that you couldn't choose opposite gender classes like a male unit as a pegasus knight or a female unit as a fighter.

You don't really need to say that. The game won't let you do that anyway.

I feel like I've seen this topic before, but this is roughly what I put in the last one...

Male ingame: Tact/Merc/Cav

Female ingame: Tact/Merc/Peg

Male non-Apo postgame: Merc/Wyvern/Cav

Female non-Apo postgame: Peg/Merc/DM (Cordelia's class set, incidentally)

Male Apo: Barb/Archer/Wyvern

Female Apo: Peg/DM/Wyvern

Explanations:

Ingame, starting as a Tactician is my primary concern for either gender because of Veteran. It's a shame I only get one promoted class from it, but Ignis is still useful. Merc is an all-round amazing class that offers AT for conserving forges, Sol for self-healing, and Bow access for Counter, as well as two Breakers. For male, I chose Cav as the final class because Paladin makes a good ending class as a lead, and GK offers DG+ should I marry and go hard support as a Hero. For female, Peg is pretty obvious thanks to Galeforce and both Falco and DF being excellent ending classes.

Male non-Apo postgame, I'm going for an ending setup of Wyvern Lord with Sol/Aegis/AT/Deliverer/situational Breaker, which is a pretty solid set for hit-and-run solos and takes me through a lot of good classes getting my skills.

Female non-Apo postgame, I'm using Cordelia's set, which has tons of options. Likely I'd end as either a DF or DK using GF/Lifetaker/AT/Relief/Tomebreaker, but I've also got Patience, Sol and Vengeance in my skill pool that could go over something else if needed.

Male Apo, I'm running a standard Hit+20 Berserker (+Str/-Def) with the intention of passing Wyvern to Sumia!Lucina!Morgan to use as her final class. Ideally Barb would become DM for her so she could get Vengeance, and she could inherit Axefaire for a better Apo weapon type.

Female Apo, I'll be running a Vengeance Wyvern set myself using +Spd/-Def and an Assassin Virion/Stahl!Yarne to hit 75. I'd want my Peg to become Barb for Morgan, he'd have Hit+20 from Yarne and Vengeance from Avatar to put together a good GF Berserker set.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I feel like I've seen this topic before, but this is roughly what I put in the last one...

Male ingame: Tact/Merc/Cav

Female ingame: Tact/Merc/Peg

Male non-Apo postgame: Merc/Wyvern/Cav

Female non-Apo postgame: Peg/Merc/DM (Cordelia's class set, incidentally)

Male Apo: Barb/Archer/Wyvern

Female Apo: Peg/DM/Wyvern

Explanations:

Ingame, starting as a Tactician is my primary concern for either gender because of Veteran. It's a shame I only get one promoted class from it, but Ignis is still useful. Merc is an all-round amazing class that offers AT for conserving forges, Sol for self-healing, and Bow access for Counter, as well as two Breakers. For male, I chose Cav as the final class because Paladin makes a good ending class as a lead, and GK offers DG+ should I marry and go hard support as a Hero. For female, Peg is pretty obvious thanks to Galeforce and both Falco and DF being excellent ending classes.

Male non-Apo postgame, I'm going for an ending setup of Wyvern Lord with Sol/Aegis/AT/Deliverer/situational Breaker, which is a pretty solid set for hit-and-run solos and takes me through a lot of good classes getting my skills.

Female non-Apo postgame, I'm using Cordelia's set, which has tons of options. Likely I'd end as either a DF or DK using GF/Lifetaker/AT/Relief/Tomebreaker, but I've also got Patience, Sol and Vengeance in my skill pool that could go over something else if needed.

Male Apo, I'm running a standard Hit+20 Berserker (+Str/-Def) with the intention of passing Wyvern to Sumia!Lucina!Morgan to use as her final class. Ideally Barb would become DM for her so she could get Vengeance, and she could inherit Axefaire for a better Apo weapon type.

Female Apo, I'll be running a Vengeance Wyvern set myself using +Spd/-Def and an Assassin Virion/Stahl!Yarne to hit 75. I'd want my Peg to become Barb for Morgan, he'd have Hit+20 from Yarne and Vengeance from Avatar to put together a good GF Berserker set.

if you find an old topic like this one, can you link it to me? I wanted to make sure I wasn't just making a repeat of a topic before posting mine.

Also I'm glad we both share the same idea when it comes to class sets for the male unit. I was thinking of putting in an optional rule where if any of your 3 choice were of the non-tactician class, your allowed to at least pick up skills in its class lines to use in other classes.

I usually use a male Avatar with Mag as asset, so mine would be: Mage, Dark Mage, Myrmidon (for Vantage/Vengeance abuse, otherwise I could use Astra as an attack skill). Actually in the final chapters (and Apotheosis) I almost always use skills from these classes anyway, while those from others' are for grinding purpose.

If I'm to use a female Avatar, then: Dark Mage, Pegasus Knight, Merc.

Edited by Ryo

Indeed a topic has been done like this before.

Since I'm a boy, no galeforce for me.

My class trees would be Tactician/Archer/Cavalier

Asset/Flaw - +Speed/-Defense

Ending class - Bow Knight

Skills - Ignis/Luna/Hit +20/Bowfaire/Defender

I actually have two Avatars, so for each one...

Turks would get Mage/Myrmidon/Priest.

Valentine would get Pegasus Knight/Dark Mage/Troubadour.

Of course, this selection I made is more based off what I imagine would fit them than it is based on what would be practical for gameplay.

I actually went to the trouble of seeing which basal classes were least represented among the auto-recruited characters and Donnel, although excluding Basilio and Flavia.

End result for a female Robin: Tactician, Troubadour, Mercenary. (The idea is to have the same number of basals as all the other G1 characters. Well, most of the others; is Villager basal or sub-basal?)

I haven't charted what to replace Troubadour with for a male Robin.

(And yes, this determination to fix up averages extends to my usual stat picks. +Resistance -Skill, anyone?)

Edited by SkyknightXi

Assuming Tactician isn't mandatory, I'd probably consider throwing in Myrmidon tree in place of it. I'd have access to Swordfaire and Bowfaire, and every class in my other trees (Cav/Archer) could use either faire. Also Astra/Luna. I'd also have all my favorite classes aside from Wyvern Lord in the same tree.

Coincidentally enough, this is Stahl's exact class tree. I forgot how good he was.

• 4 weeks later...

Tactician, Mercenary (solely for Arms thrift), and Dark Mage

I love how Tactician is so balanced, I need mercenary because I get stingy with my weapons (Even with 99 Brave swords don't give one to anyone that doesn't have arms thrift) and Dark Mage has the balanced dark knight, and overpowered sorcerer as promotions.