FE names irl

Dragoncat

FE character names are mix of real names from different countries, historical names, mythological names. and fantasy names.

Here a few examples:

:France: : Nephenee, L'Arachel (it doesn't exist as name probably, but "L'A" is definitely French Grammar)

:Germany: : Mia, Rolf

:Spain: : Gonzales, Pablo, Hector

East European: Lucia, Marcia, Makalov

Scandinavian: Nanna, Leif (European translation of Leaf), Vika

Biblical: Cain, Abel, Noah, Lot

I'm the very first thief in Fire Emblem.

Edited by The Taninator

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each FE has its own general naming theme for characters and weapons.

FE1-3 and 11/12: Biblical and Greek/Roman names

FE4/5: Celtic and Norse (specifically the Ulster Cycle and Voelsugna Saga)

FE6/7: Medieval European Folk Songs (specifically the Song of Roland)

FE8: Norse Mythology

FE9/10: Arthurian Legend

FE13: English Literature

Maybe because of the different colors of the gems on the Fire Emblem? I dunno either tbh.

Could be! Good observation.

I personally share my name with a fat bishop.

So your name is Oliver then?

I know several people named Stefan. It's such a common name, it really irritates me that NoA thought it was a good pick for the mysterious stranger from the desert. I guess it was either this or Bob.

In a bit of an odd coincidence, Frederick used to be the name of my personal Mii on the 3DS. After the game's release, I changed it so that no one would think I reference that guy. I also once had someone in the neighbourhood with that name.

My name is Joshua.

I think there's a guy on South Park named Kyle, his little brother is named Ike I've heard.

Damn, so jealous. I wish my name was Joshua. I know someone called Marisa, it would make quite the fitting match...

I know a Vanessa, a Ross, a Seth, and a friend of mine has a cat named Hector, although that probably doesn't really count. Also knew a guy named Eli, although it wasn't short for Eliwood as far as I know.

Eli is the name of a biblical character. (the high priest at the beginning of the first book of Samuel), and hecter is the name of an (awesome) trojan hero who gets killed in the illead. FE has a lot of other biblical/classical references, and lots of real instances of FE names are just people named after the same reference.

You rang?

I got lost in a town called Horace, Texas.

Also, my father has some money invested in COLM (Columbia Sportswear something something), but it's recognized as COLM on Wall Street.

I have cousins named August and Marcus.

My name was almost Joshua

I know an Ike, Alec, a whole family I'm related to has the last name of Lloyd , I knew a Boyd. There are others I don't recall at the moment.

I have a brother named Geoffrey, a cousin named Est (Esther but we call her Est), my dad's name is Douglas, my friend's name is Kyle, I knew a janitor named Roy (does that count?), there was a Hector in my school.. .that's all I got.

Some of my own created characters coincidentally have the same names as FE characters.

Edit: My godfather's name is Ryan (it's also my middle name, which I blanked on for a minute)

Edited by Power Master

According to my Biology textbook, Virion is "The infectious extracellular particle that is produced from a viral infection; used for transmitting the virus between hosts."

So... yeah.

:lol: His new nickname is Virus Man.

I know a Marcus, Oscar, Oliver, Anna, Victor, Henning, Erik, Lena, Julia, Tina, Stefan, Johan, Robin, Leif, Sigrun, Rolf, Maria, Ellen, Elliot, Emil, Isaiya, Rebecca, Tomas, Katarina, Paul, Karel, Noah, Cecilia, Karin, Kris and a Linda.

And maybe a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

Edited by Elwind

I don't recall there being a Tina in FE...was Henning supposed to be Denning?

But holy crap. I think you've won the prize of knowing the most irl FE names. Does Robin even count though? You can rename him/her. I know two Robins, both girls. And Morgans, all girls though. No male Morgans in my neck of the woods.

Edited by Dragoncat

My middle name is Henry.

...And that's it. There aren't other italian FE names other than Lucia, if I recall correctly...

Oh, my God, speaking of having FE names, how the hell could I forget that my own name is Robert. I also know an Eric (close to Erik) and a Donovan.

Edited by Rovan

I don't recall there being a Tina in FE...was Henning supposed to be Denning?

But holy crap. I think you've won the prize of knowing the most irl FE names. Does Robin even count though? You can rename him/her. I know two Robins, both girls. And Morgans, all girls though. No male Morgans in my neck of the woods.

Like it was previously mentioned, Tina was in the Hasha no Tsurugi manga and there was a staff carrying her name in FE6.

Regarding the other ones, there is a boss named Henning in FE6 and if you don't want to count FE13 MU there is a character named Robin in FE2.

Oh, my God, speaking of having FE names, how the hell could I forget that my own name is Robert. I also know an Eric (close to Erik) and a Donovan.

Robert and Donovan are from which one(s)? My brother's name is the latter, but it's spelled Donavon.

Not sure if it counts, but there's a Princess Tiena in the FE6 spinoff manga Hasha no Tsurugi.

What probably does count is the "tina's staff" item in fe6, which is a reference to that character. (and is the best staff that many of your promoted magic users will be able to use without grinding.)

Edited by sirmola