It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Why do The Legend of Zelda amiibos have different stands? It's not the biggest problem, but I wish they had the same as the others xD.

Link, I understand (jumping pose) but Zelda is in the same situation as Peach. The thin, clear stand holds Peach fine just right, so Zelda should be even easier since her Smash 4 actually has her standing on her feet.

amiibo002.jpgamiibo014.jpgamiibo008.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Link's stand is kinda odd.

I won't be getting him anyways. Zelda though, I do agree with you. Though it might be because her feet are (from Zelda's POV) completely on the left side, which might leave her unbalanced. The purple stand though... why not clear?

And after looking at Nintendo's pics, the Peach one looks fine. It might've just been a case of bad lighting that made it look weird in the OP. What I'm surprised about is that the Zelda amiibo actually looks quite nice, despite not having much detail in her hair (plus slightly off hair color).

Zelda is very tall, and the base of the feet seem very narrow, and could break with moderate force.

Nintendo want these things to not break after taking a trip with you around town in your bag or whatever.

And the Link one gives you the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors! Immediately changed my mind on getting it. I'm getting that Link figure! The Spinner is my favorite Zelda item! YEAAAAH!!

But also don't get why Link has that piss colored stand instead of the clear one that Peach has.

Upon closer inspection the Link amiibo's stand isn't even supposed to be piss-colored.

4bUeox3.png

It's the same color Link's icon uses as a backdrop on the 3DS character select screen (aka. lime green). Some other characters also have stands with the same color as their 3DS select screen backdrop.

M7vcLnO.png

Edited by Kiseki

I wish everyone had a clear one... it's nice how they tried bringing in the colors, but the clear ones look so great.

All I know is I'm definitely getting Peach and Zelda so far. Look at Luigi's amiibo... what is THAT? xD

amiibo015.jpg

Probably prototypes, but they all look so good!

I'm now narrowing it down to Bowser (pretty much my main at this point since I use him so much and he's the first character I cleared Classic mode at 9.0 with), Rosalina and Luma (currently the fighter that is practically top tier early on, though Sheik and Yoshi are contenders). Still waiting on Mewtwo's amiibo (first DLC character and might make it wear the green palette so it can be in its Shiny palette) though that may not come around until later next year.

BTW, there's currently a promotion involving Nintendo partnering up with Loot Crate that guarantees 10 amiibo (confirmed so far are Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Fox and Pikachu) this holiday season! That's 130 USD value right there alone!

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/BFHbtk64pHCvYGuOUFQDwbiv40C24qjy

IKE!! :D

IKE IS IN SET THREE, OMIGOSH, YES!! I WAS REAAAALLY HOPING FOR THIS! Just like I was hoping for him to not be cut from Smash and be redesigned to be RD Ike! Nintendo just doesn't want to stop giving me Ike the way I want him. <3

I don't get why Ragnell is shaped like an L at the bottom, but... IT'S IKE. And he doesn't look terrible! He isn't perfect, but sculpting someone like him is just really tough work. And I'd say they did a pretty damn good job on such a difficult character. I can't wait to get my hands on him! :wub: He and Luigi will sit right next to my other Luigi stuff on my desk. But I do hope he'll be compatible with SMT x FE!

Oh, and it doesn't look like that headband will snap easily either, thank goodness. I can't break Ike's headband, that sexy thing helps define him! Ike isn't Ike without Ragnell, his sexy headband, or his sexy tattered red cape (unless we're talking Vanguard Ike, of course lol).

Edited by Anacybele

Sonic and Mega Man are third party characters with amiibos now. A Pac-Man amiibo is inevitable.

Go figure that Luma needs a stand to float. Unlike Marth, Ike didn't bend Ragnell while goddess smashing. I personally don't care for the added support on Ragnell because he's lookin' fabulous!