It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just figured since the smash ones worked for the mario line games they would for the individual ones as well. (plus I kinda only collect the smash guys)

It depends if the game is programmed to work like that. For example, in the Mario Vs. DK free amiibo game, all the various Mario amiibo work the same way (let you play as Mario and unlock the Mario levels), but in Super Mario Maker, each one works differently (they unlock a different costume).

I just ordered a Robin amiibo from eBay (which I found the one that I'm became the only bidder) and it's going to be my first imported amiibo. The Robin amiibo that I'm getting was from Australia and it will be shipped sometime around the first day of August through the 11th. But, I'm still going to get a Lucina amiibo to complete all 4 recruitable amiibos in CodeName: S.T.E.A.M., Fire Emblem Fates, and Super Mario Maker. (But, I still wish they have added Roy in those three games already.)

Edit from July 30th: I got the Lucina amiibo from eBay and it just arrived at July 25th. (I looked a the Box, it's a European version - imported)

Edit from August 1st: I just got my Robin amiibo from eBay that was arrived at my house today.

Edit from August 26th: My mom helped me purchased a Pac-Man and a Dark Pit amiibo from the Best Buy website and they should be arriving at my house around September 1st. I am planning on using the Pac-Man amiibo for a recreation course that I am working on for One-Punch Man to use the Pac-Man costume as Saitama in Super Mario Maker.

Edit from August 29th: My Pac-Man amiibo just came from the package that was sent by Best Buy today which it's few days earlier (still haven't got the Dark Pit amiibo yet) and I unlocked the Pac-Man amiibo for using costume as Saitama in my recreated One-Punch Man course.

Edited by King Marth 64

• 2 months later...

Well since I all ready have most of the sword using Amiibo I decided to collect them all. I picked up a MetaKnight last weekend ( a Kirby series one) and now all I lack are Toon Link, Dark Pit and Corrin (when ever it is released).

Edit

I just got Dark Pit from GameStop and I really like him, but man am I dumb for not remembering that he uses a staff and not a sword. That is what I get for spacing out.

If I can get to the other side of town I will be able to pick up a Toon Link Amiibo. I just wish Bayonetta and Corrin would come out soon.

Edited by EricaofRenais

• 4 weeks later...

How could you have possibly gotten a Gold Mario? It was a limited edition from last year. Or was it re-released and I just didn't know? :P

Anyway, November is finally around the corner, can't wait to get my hands on Daisy, Boo, and Rosalina! Especially Daisy because Daisy. <3

How could you have possibly gotten a Gold Mario? It was a limited edition from last year. Or was it re-released and I just didn't know? :P

Anyway, November is finally around the corner, can't wait to get my hands on Daisy, Boo, and Rosalina! Especially Daisy because Daisy. <3

Yeah, it was restocked and Best Buy has it. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-super-mario-series-mario-gold-edition-gold-silver-red/5578866.p?skuId=5578866

I wanna get the Daisy Amiibo as soon as I can, but I may have to wait for a little bit.

Yeah, it was restocked and Best Buy has it. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-super-mario-series-mario-gold-edition-gold-silver-red/5578866.p?skuId=5578866

I wanna get the Daisy Amiibo as soon as I can, but I may have to wait for a little bit.

Oh, that's cool! I mean, you pretty much literally had to be very lucky to get one the first time it came out, so this is nice for those who couldn't get lucky. I managed to get one though, by some miracle. :P

It stinks to have to wait longer... But it'll be worth it to me, Boo GLOWS IN THE DARK. He can be my night light. I hate the dark.

Yeah, Nintendo themselves said so when the Amiibo were first announced, I believe. :) But yeah, Daisy and Rosalina are still at the top of mine too, haha.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

The new Amiibo finally arrived in NA! I had to order Daisy from Amazon though, because for some reason, she didn't arrive on the truck with the others at the Walmart I went to. It was kind of late and this weekend is busy, and I don't want to wait until I go back to work to get her, so yeah. I've been away for the weekend with my mom, which is why it's kinda busy. But I got Rosalina and Boo. ^^

• 1 month later...

I got three of the four Zelda Amiibo that released last Friday earlier, the one I didn't get being 8-bit Link mainly because I didn't care for it, despite the store having it in stock.

...I'm pleasantly surprised there was stock.

The "Link shelf" has expanded.

There was stock? I found only like one of each in the Target I was in on Sunday and they were gone the next time I passed the Amiibo section. GameStop nearby didn't have ANY of them. I asked for them for Christmas, but... This isn't making me confident that someone can get them for me. :(

I want all four! ;_;

Yeah, first store I went to had a couple of each.

I dunno if the demand's just not as high around here, but that doesn't make any sense considering what happened with Marth back when the figures first became a thing affected here as much as any other place.

But yeah healthy stock in a single NE Ohio store, which admittedly isn't a very representative sample.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the Super Mario version of Wario, Ryu, and Waluigi amiibos as a Christmas Present from one of my relatives. I'll probably get more amiibos tomorrow if I found one interesting using one of my gift money that I got from my aunts. I have about a total of 21 amiibos right now.

Edited by King Marth 64