It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 USD is a pretty big asking price to me, so I plan on sticking to just 1 amiibo... hard to decide one from Robin, Lucina, Palutena, Rosalina and Luma, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser and Mewtwo (if an amiibo of it were to ever be produced).

13 USD is a pretty big asking price to me, so I plan on sticking to just 1 amiibo... hard to decide one from Robin, Lucina, Palutena, Rosalina and Luma, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser and Mewtwo (if an amiibo of it were to ever be produced).

Yes. I was originally going to collect Peach, Zelda, ZSS, Rosalina & Luma, Marth, Ike, Palutena, Ness, etc. But that'll be $104 and that's way too much. And that's only for the one's I've listed here on SF.

So of course, I had to shorten that list to three amiibos, and those three should be pretty obvious (that is, if you know my mains).

Maybe if I had a job, and a car, it'd be easier to get more xD.

I plan to get Ike, Luigi, and Toon Link as of right now. I was also planning to get Link, but...yeah, no thanks. :/ I already have a Skyward Sword Link figure that I got in Hot Topic anyway, and despite it having a bent sword, it still looks a lot better than this Link Amiibo.

I might cave in and get the Amiibo anyway though, if the things it does for Hyrule Warriors are cool enough.

I'm the type of person who doesn't care for quality that much. If it has Mario's face on it, I'm buying it. You should see the Mario dolls I have at home. Some of them are FUGLY, but I still adore them because it's Mario. I'm sure I'll love the Amiibos I get.

I feel the same about Ike, pretty much. lol Plus, this is the first time he's getting an official figure, so I'll finally have official Ike merchandise. <3

I also buy anything that has Luigi on it unless I already have something like it or just plain don't need it at all. Luigi was the main thing that made me play games in the first place and he was my favorite growing up, long before I even knew FE existed. There's no way I can ignore a new Luigi thing. ^^

I wonder who would go so far as to purchase an amiibo of each character (provided that it were to ever be produced). It would cost approximately 637 USD to get all 49 amiibos (counting Mewtwo, not counting any Mii Fighters) before taxes are applied.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Speaking of the blue blur, I wonder when they'll release amiibos for Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man? They're such big characters, I couldn't see them waiting too long to release them.

Shulk, Robin, Yoshi, and Game & Watch will likely come home to live with me, even if the quality isnt gr9mazing. 13 big ones are about the same price as those Skylanders and Infinity figures anyway.

Speaking of the blue blur, I wonder when they'll release amiibos for Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man? They're such big characters, I couldn't see them waiting too long to release them.

They might never be released, or they'll have to go through some licensing hoops first. They're 3rd party so you'd have to wrangle the rights from said companies whereas Nintendo can go ahead with their 1st party figures without having outside consultation beyond the manufacturer.

I think Peach still looks pretty good, Kirby looks basically perfect (pretty hard to screw up a pink ball with eyes), Marth is good except the sword, and Link... wow.... that's just a colossal screw-up with the piss yellow block stand. Marth was my planned purchase and it's a shame his sword is not as pointy and elegant as the prototype but I think I'll still get it. As for future Amiibos, I want Zelda, Ike, Shulk, and Little Mac. I worry about Ike, but thankfully Shulk's sword is not sharp in the traditional sense so I think the Monado will come out looking ok if they ever do make him an Amiibo.

Well, Samias, I think Ike has a somewhat good chance of looking nice since unlike Link, he won't need some ugly stand and unlike Marth, he doesn't hold his sword at an angle. Ragnell is basically his stand. :P

I'm more afraid of snapping his headband off by mistake...

Edited by Anacybele

Well, Samias, I think Ike has a somewhat good chance of looking nice since unlike Link, he won't need some ugly stand and unlike Marth, he doesn't hold his sword at an angle. Ragnell is basically his stand. :P

Also, the Ragnell has a bulbous end which will probably help. It might still have some bending issues though. I think they will turn out better than Link. I think *anyone* should turn out better than Link.

Actually Shulk is also doing the leaping thing... oh no. RIP.

I'm sure the headband will be part of the head.

They might never be released, or they'll have to go through some licensing hoops first. They're 3rd party so you'd have to wrangle the rights from said companies whereas Nintendo can go ahead with their 1st party figures without having outside consultation beyond the manufacturer.

Gah, what a bummer.

Well, Sega and Ninty are great friends, so I don't see why they wouldn't allow a Sonic Amiibo. Namco helped develop the game in the first place, so I don't see why they'd say no to a Pac-Man Amiibo either. Megaman is up in the air though.