It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Falcon was in Cardiff. But eh.

that's because Europe in general has a huge supply of amiibos because hardly anyone is buying them there. It's why they're so much cheaper and more common there than here.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's because Europe in general has a huge supply of amiibos because hardly anyone is buying them there. It's why they're so much cheaper and more common there than here.

Amiibos were £12 in HMV, and £15 in GAME, minus a penny. Granted I'm only talking about two shops in one city, but still. Definitely not cheaper.

Also, the choice was pretty shit. How many Amiibos are out now? Both shops had no more than 7-8 different Amiibos between them.

For the lazy, current exchange rates:

£12 = $18.67

£15 = $23.34

Some are being sold no doubt, but it's definitely not as popular as they are over there in NA.

Amazon.co.uk is the best place to get them if you're not concerned about the quality and you want to save a few quid (can get them for £10 ($15.57), the cheapest you'll get here, I think).

I looked at two Links in one shop. One had a bent sword, the other didn't. Ordering them online is a bit dodgy if you actually care about the quality.

It's not just Amiibo though. Nearly everything technology-related has a slightly inflated price in the UK compared to most other countries, including Nintendo games and consoles.

Edited by Raven

I'm not surprised at the inflated prices. I remember so many places in Germany being expensive as hell when I lived there. Belgium wasn't much better. I've been to France, Austria, Italy, and Luxembourg too, but I don't remember what their prices are like.

£15 = $23.34

Down here, amiibo cost 9,990 Chilean Pesos. That's US$16.49 at the current rate.

Ouch, that sucks!

If amiibo costed that much in North America, I don't think I'd have nearly as much as I have now. It's around 650~ for all 48 character, and that's NOT including the miis. I don't remember the exact price, but it's somewhat around that.

I sure hope prices don't go up here! I'd be much trouble to look for Pit! And the later Rosalina / Ike / ZSS.

Not sure what just happened here, but I found a Captain Falcon!

I wasn't really anticipating buying one, but seeing it the LAST one at my GameStop, I couldn't resist! It's no Marth, but I still did pick up a possible rare amiibo. I was looking for Pit, but idk anymore.

Ohhhh, nice~ how do you like the Falcon amiibo?

My friends and I went out amiibo hunting for kicks, we went to quite a few different stores and couldn't find anyone in wave 2 except Zelda. And apparently preorders for Shulk are already gone at GameStop, my friend tried to place one but it was already closed off.

Yeah, I don't want prices to go up either. Even if it means that the Zelda collecting dust in my closet will sell for more. I mean, I'm probably willing to pay a lot of money for Ike since he's Ike and freaking RD/FE10 Ike, but yeah. xP

Amiibos were £12 in HMV, and £15 in GAME, minus a penny. Granted I'm only talking about two shops in one city, but still. Definitely not cheaper.

Also, the choice was pretty shit. How many Amiibos are out now? Both shops had no more than 7-8 different Amiibos between them.

For the lazy, current exchange rates:

£12 = $18.67

£15 = $23.34

>HMV being cheaper than GAME

>what is this madness

I had no idea they were making amiibos for all the Smash characters. I'll keep watch.

>HMV being cheaper than GAME

>what is this madness

I had no idea they were making amiibos for all the Smash characters. I'll keep watch.

But I must also add that the actual game (SSB4 U) was £35 in GAME and £40 in HMV. I think they put the price down to match Amazon.co.uk's price, which is also £35.

Ohhhh, nice~ how do you like the Falcon amiibo?

My friends and I went out amiibo hunting for kicks, we went to quite a few different stores and couldn't find anyone in wave 2 except Zelda. And apparently preorders for Shulk are already gone at GameStop, my friend tried to place one but it was already closed off.

It's nice, though I thought his suit was navy blue! No scratches on the amiibo itself, just on the stand. But I can make do if it's the last Captain Falcon I'll see.

Yeah, my brother wanted to pre-order the Shulk amiibo, but he couldn't anymore, so he just decided on an Ike. So I have to be ready for when the time comes to pre-order the Rosalina amiibo. Hopefully I'll be quick enough.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33988813/2014-12-31.jpg

My Captain Falcon Amiibo arrived in the mail today! It's been hell trying to find any 2nd wave ones in store other than Zelda, so I was happy to see this arrive today. Even with a couple painting goofs it looks great anyway.

stahp it stahp torturing me!

It's nice, though I thought his suit was navy blue! No scratches on the amiibo itself, just on the stand. But I can make do if it's the last Captain Falcon I'll see.

Yeah, my brother wanted to pre-order the Shulk amiibo, but he couldn't anymore, so he just decided on an Ike. So I have to be ready for when the time comes to pre-order the Rosalina amiibo. Hopefully I'll be quick enough.

Ah yeah, his suit is a little... purple? I think that's it, lol~ But I think the Falcon amiibo still looks so good, it's hard for me to complain :D
Good luck on your quest for Rosalina, I would imagine she's gonna be super hard to get a hold of @_@ I guess all of the exclusive ones are just gonna be that way...

My Captain Falcon Amiibo arrived in the mail today! It's been hell trying to find any 2nd wave ones in store other than Zelda, so I was happy to see this arrive today. Even with a couple painting goofs it looks great anyway.

"YES!"

Is it just me, or is that stand in a very peculiar position? That's gotta hurt.

Yeah, and I'm after Rosalina too. Carter and I are going to have our work cut out for us. ._.

No kidding! I have a feeling Rosalina will be the most scarce... it should be interesting to see what happens.

Is it just me, or is that stand in a very peculiar position? That's gotta hurt.

It's under his thigh. Gotta support that crazy pose~

Yeah, and what's going to make it harder for me is that the nearest Target is all the way across town! Grr... I've been hoping that one will get built on this side of town (seeing as Walmart and Lowe's each have a store on both sides of town), but that hasn't happened yet.

I do have a GameStop that's literally one mile from my house though, as well as one right next to where I work, so picking up an Ike and Toon Link shouldn't be hard. I currently have the preorders placed in the GameStop one mile from here, but who knows if they could get canceled...

I got a Link amiibo that honestly looks good.The sword hasn't bent outside of the packaging the stupid package bent the thing and my only real complaints are the fact that the sheath is bending for some odd reason,the bird on the shield is slightly off centre,and his left iris is slightly smaller and more awkward than the right one.

Now to get most of wave one and go through hell to find wave two.

Yeah, and what's going to make it harder for me is that the nearest Target is all the way across town! Grr... I've been hoping that one will get built on this side of town (seeing as Walmart and Lowe's each have a store on both sides of town), but that hasn't happened yet.

I do have a GameStop that's literally one mile from my house though, as well as one right next to where I work, so picking up an Ike and Toon Link shouldn't be hard. I currently have the preorders placed in the GameStop one mile from here, but who knows if they could get canceled...

Ahh,that's unfortunate. Pretty much all the major retailers are in one area very close to where I live, I take for granted that some people might not have one of the stores close to them. Makes the exclusive amiibo even more annoying to get, huh...