Spritework by Bimugen

Bimugen

Hey there. Im new to this kinda forum but lately I have been getting into FE spriting. Formerly I used to do some pokemon splicing, spriting, and whatnot, but until recently I had been away from this line of work. Lately I have been working on FE mugshots and Im going to try doing some more battle sprites later on. I kinda tend to go for a more simplistic kinda look with some characters, cuz I like the classic look more than a super shiny look. I would also say most mugs are splices but I tried really hard to make them original looking. I'm still trying to get into the style of the sprites, so I hope I can get it right sometime, and Im open for improvement, so tell me what you think!

Mugshots:

S8fEknu.png

QXaSFx3.png

Dark Flier Battle Sprite (WIP):

EIUdpQB.png

dark flier sprites.bmp

Cool, cool. Welcome to the boards, Bimugen, and hope you show some more work~

Your splices are looking pretty solid. Simple like you said, but creatively done. If I had to say something it would be to alias a bit more (the collar of the first guy and the hair on the last girl are very sharp/jagged).

Going off what Lenh said a little more, your sprites certainly aren't bad. You know angles which can be tricky for some people.

You just namely need to clean up places where difference parts from different sprites meet. The collar and bangs on the first splice, the choker of the second splice, the area where the helmet meets the face on the 3rd splice, and the bottom of the near hair on the final splice.

Overall though, you're on the right track, and I'd like to see what else you can do!