Nomad Trooper w/Bow at close range

Klokinator

So, for some reason, no matter which version I insert or how I insert it, my Nomad Trooper animation that uses the bow -always- breaks at 1 range. I've always just disabled the animation but lately it's becoming a real pain. You can't see a promotion if your nomad has a bow equipped when they promote, your main weapon has no animation... it's just terrible!

So, anyone know why this happens? If your nomad trooper attacks at one range, the game hangs. If you attack an enemy with a bow equipped at one range, the game hangs.

i don't actually know how to solve the problem, but consider this...

when you use an axe at close range, it loads the close range animation. when you use the axe in long range or its user also knows magic, it isn't programmed to load an animation for long range...EXCEPT GENERALS. generals use their short range animation anyway for long range attacks.

they're oversights. i guess we can think of it as, general with an axe is the one time they did program it to load at long range also, but nomad trooper is the one time they didn't program it to load anything for short range.

Same as the above poster I dont have a fix for this, however I have a hunch of what it could be, check the ranger class of fire emblem 8, I recently modded the shortbow to be 1-2 range and Ranger!Neimi, Ranger!Ines and Ranger!Gerik all can pull with no problems the attack at close quarters with animations on. I hope it helps you.

That's the Ranger animation, it works fine. The Nomad Trooper is what's broken.

I'm just wondering if some hacker hasn't looked at the code for it and said "Yeah it's missing this critical byte that makes bows work at close range."

Sniper works at close range, but has no critical animation. Warriors, Rangers, Archers, etc they all work, but not the NT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8bDGrgM8kk

This has what you need, Klok. Just head to the actual page on YT for the links, provided that they're still good. Don't know what happened to the topic or fixed package on here - at the very least, it didn't make it into the Resources subboard that I could find...

Edited by Lord Glenn