Owain's trademark pose

yip9

He's a rather unique kid.

Owain strikes me as a dude who doesn't do what he does because he wants attention, but rather because he can't help it.

It's Owain!

The guy's all about odd.

But I'm guessing you're looking for a... Specific reason.

He's never directly stated why he does such, but I'm sure it was picked up by someone he admired growing up.

Edited by ~Silver

The official art makes him look like he's covering his face because he's embarrassed, or very sad. But the sprite itself looks kinda like he's trying to be cool. Perhaps it's a reference to his "sword hand", keeping the hand where he can see it so it doesn't go crazy and start slashing stuff with a sword.

Is there any reason that "because he thinks it looks cool" isn't a sufficient explanation? I mean, he is a massive show-off and all.

Except he looks like he's about to put his thumb up his nose. Take that as you will...

During the hotspring scramble DLC, if Robin speaks to Owain twice, Owain will break character for a moment and tragically explain why he acts the way he does. He's aware that he's living in his own imagination. Like all the children's weird quirks, his derived from not being to protect his parents or the future.

His 'sword hand' is just him playing hero. Deep down he realizes how silly it is, but it's how he copes.

Edited by Maxkibram