Recommended order to play each Fire Emblem game

Imo, Path of Radiance, Awakening, and Blazing Sword are all beginner friendly. Any one of them is great to start with, though PoR is hard to find and expensive these days...

But you should play PoR before Radiant Dawn, since RD is its direct sequel. And much harder. :P

Other than this though, there's no real order you should play them in. You should play whichever you feel like. FEs 4-6 are very difficult though, I hear.

Edited by Anacybele

Imo, Path of Radiance, Awakening, and Blazing Sword are all beginner friendly. Any one of them is great to start with, though PoR is hard to find and expensive these days...

But you should play PoR before Radiant Dawn, since RD is its direct sequel. And much harder. :P

Other than this though, there's no real order you should play them in. You should play whichever you feel like. FEs 4-6 are very difficult though, I hear.

I will take the risk, no matter what the cost.

I don't remember hearing anything about FE4 being hard, but it is rather peculiar, and thus would be hard for a newcomer to adapt to.

That being said, pretty much any FE game that isn't one of the Japan only ones or RD would be good to start.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I would say that Sacred Stones is another game that's first time player friendly. Honestly, as I said in another similar thread, basically any game that isn't one of the first 6 would be good for a first time player.

Okay, maybe not Shadow Dragon.

Playing only the US releases:

FE7 chap 1 - 10, FE8, FE7 (the rest), FE 11 (just to see how bad it is), FE9, FE10, FE13.

Counting the JPN releases, well, I haven't gotten around to 1 - 5. :/

I actually think Shadow Dragon would be a good one to do early. It's a remake of the first game so you can kind of experience the story form its roots first. Some people are put off by it because it doesn't have a lot of the modern features but if you're newly getting into the series then that's not a problem.

I actually think Shadow Dragon would be a good one to do early. It's a remake of the first game so you can kind of experience the story form its roots first. Some people are put off by it because it doesn't have a lot of the modern features but if you're newly getting into the series then that's not a problem.

I'll agree with this sentiment. Can't miss what you never experienced, right? Then play FE12 because it is so damn good.

I don't remember hearing anything about FE4 being hard, but it is rather peculiar, and thus would be hard for a newcomer to adapt to.

That being said, pretty much any FE game that isn't one of the Japan only ones or RD would be good to start.

To someone going in blind and for the first time, FE4 will kick you in the nuts without discrimination. That probably goes double for FE5, but I haven't played it yet (waiting for that updated translation).
Edited by Ownagepuffs

I actually played the games chronologically from 3 onwards. Whilst 7, 9 and 13 are good starting points, my only real recommendation is playing 5 after 4 and 10 after 9.

I actually played the games chronologically from 3 onwards. Whilst 7, 9 and 13 are good starting points, my only real recommendation is playing 5 after 4 and 10 after 9.

That's... Actually pretty amazing. My order is all over the place due to starting with 13.

To someone going in blind and for the first time, FE4 will kick you in the nuts without discrimination. That probably goes double for FE5, but I haven't played it yet (waiting for that updated translation).

Can't argue with that. Though you gotta admit, that could be said of at least 3 other FE games (one of which would be FE5).