Future Strategy Opinions

Okay, so I just beat Apotheosis Normal Path with 6 units on a whim (No eugenics involved). Here are my units:

Robin (Grandmaster, +Magic - Luck)

Abilities: Armsthrift, Limit Breaker, Tomefare, Luna, Vantage

Weapons Used: Forged Celica's Gale

Lucina (Great Lord, Sumia)

Abilities: Aether, Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Pavise, Dual Strike +

Weapons Used: Forged Brave Lance, Forged Brave Sword

Morgan (Grandmaster, Lucina)

Abilities: Aether, Armsthrift, Limit Breaker, Ignis, Galeforce

Weapons Used: Forged Celica's Gale

Inigo (Hero, Henry)

Abilities: Armsthrift, Vengeance, Limit Breaker, Vantage, Galeforce

Weapons Used: Forged Brave Axe

Chrom (Great Lord)

Abilities: Limit Breaker, Aether, Rightful King, Luna, Dual Strike +

Weapons Used: Brave Lance

Sumia (Falcon Knight)

Abilities: Luna, Iote's Shield, Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Lancefare

Weapons Used: Brave Lance, Fortify, Rescue

All units had Tiki's Tears used on them. They also had elixirs.

Now, because I am a masochist, I am going to attempt to do the same with the secret path. (I know I can do the first part in two turns).

I have most of the abilities available for each character. The question is, what should my strategy be for the secret path using these 6 units?

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

When I completed the Secret Path Sniper!Noire was the unit who helped me the most. Bows, expecially Brave ones, are really useful, plus they don't trigger Counter and do extra damage to all of those Falcon Knights healers, if you decide to deploy them instead of War Monks/Clerics. The Double Bow was also a key point to beat the Sniper Boss. Make sure you have a competent healer(I used Sage!Lissa with Valflame, she could cover the entire map with an awsome 68 in Magic, all things considered). Other than that you should just hit hard with Brave Weapons and spam Rescue.

Edited by Soen

Lucina@Dark Flier (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DS+) x Avatar@Sage (LB/Agg/TF/All+2/Anathema)

Morgan@Dark Flier (LB/GF/Aether/Ignis/TF) x Inigo@Hero (LB/GF/Agg/Vengeance/SF)

Sumia@Sage (LB/GF/Luna/TF/All+2) x Chrom@Sniper (LB/Agg/Aether/Luna/DS+)

Bring as many Rescue users as you can, along with 5/15 Celica's, 5/15 Brave Swords/Bows, and either a 5/15 Longbow or a Double Bow for Chrom. Also bring Olivia.

Lucina@Dark Flier (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DS+) x Avatar@Sage (LB/Agg/TF/All+2/Anathema)

Morgan@Dark Flier (LB/GF/Aether/Ignis/TF) x Inigo@Hero (LB/GF/Agg/Vengeance/SF)

Sumia@Sage (LB/GF/Luna/TF/All+2) x Chrom@Sniper (LB/Agg/Aether/Luna/DS+)

Bring as many Rescue users as you can, along with 5/15 Celica's, 5/15 Brave Swords/Bows, and either a 5/15 Longbow or a Double Bow for Chrom. Also bring Olivia.

Interesting (Although I still only plan on bringing 6 units). I assume SF is Swordfare, TF is Tomefare, and Agg is Aggressor. How many bow users are there? I do have Iote's shield to stop that (since breaker skills are useless). I have all of those skills expect for Aggressor on Inigo and Chrom.

I can see why you recommend sages due to their high magic. How would Falcon Knights fare?

So, during my original run, I had Robin use Luna instead of Ignis. I noticed that while Ignis was consistent, Luna had varying damage depending on who I fought. Is this not a coincidence?

Lastly, what are the flaws with my current set? I know that I should have replaced Pavise with something else (DG+?), and that I should have forged Chrom and Sumia's weapons. Also, would it help if I explained my strategy when fighting the normal path?

I'm not sure that only bringing 6 units will work, regardless of your stats, skills and strategy (unless you try the Vantage/Vengeance strategy, i.e reduce HP low enough so you can kill most enemies on EP). Remember that the last two waves of SP have turn limits of 10 and 7 respectively IIRC. Also you'll need at least one Rally bot (though I'd recommend 2), you can die if not properly rallied in SP, not to mentioned being doubled by Anna...

Interesting (Although I still only plan on bringing 6 units). I assume SF is Swordfare, TF is Tomefare, and Agg is Aggressor. How many bow users are there? I do have Iote's shield to stop that (since breaker skills are useless). I have all of those skills expect for Aggressor on Inigo and Chrom.

I can see why you recommend sages due to their high magic. How would Falcon Knights fare?

So, during my original run, I had Robin use Luna instead of Ignis. I noticed that while Ignis was consistent, Luna had varying damage depending on who I fought. Is this not a coincidence?

Lastly, what are the flaws with my current set? I know that I should have replaced Pavise with something else (DG+?), and that I should have forged Chrom and Sumia's weapons. Also, would it help if I explained my strategy when fighting the normal path?

Correct on the skill abbreviations.

You're going to croak if you try to do it without Staffbots/Rallybots. This won't change unless you have a lot of experience.

Breakers are sometimes good if you're going for a hard dodgetank (not everybody has Hawkeye) but Iote's is almost completely useless. Don't bother with it.

Falcos are physical units, Sages and DFs are magical units. They aren't interchangeable if you want the strategy to do the same thing (unless you're talking about Staffbots, in which case Falcos and Valkyries are best).

Luna is calculated based on your foe's Def/Res, Ignis is calculated on your Str/Mag. Ignis is generally slightly stronger.

Defense < offense in S.Apo. You won't get as much mileage out of stuff like Pavise and Vantage (unless you really know what you're doing) out of them as you'll get out of Faires and offensive procs. Your current classes also aren't very strong.

Interesting (Although I still only plan on bringing 6 units).

6 units is very painful to try to do Apotheosis with. 3 pairs with a total of 7 APT is barely enough, but without Rallies or Staffbots it's going to be a struggle.

There are turn count limits in Wave 4 (10 turns), and Wave 5 (7 turns), for 23 enemies and 14 enemies respectively. Without rallies, your stats are significantly lower (-10 in every stat basically), making it much more difficult to kill enemies reliably.

On top of that, you have minimal access to Rescue and Fortify, meaning that you'll likely be forced to engage the enemy in Enemy Phase to kill them all in time. Most of your units will get 2HKOd, especially considering your lack of rallies.

Some people have done challenge runs without DLC (i.e. no Limit Breaker, Aggressor, etc.) and various other requirements, but to my knowledge they all did so with Rallybots & Staffbots. I would highly recommend you do the same, otherwise you're in for a lot of potential frustration.

Alright, taking what everyone said into account, I am going to change my goal to "beating Apotheosis Secret Path with as few characters as possible and without eugenics". From the sound of things, I need at least 8 units.

I just trained the Katarina I conveniently got from my original Apotheosis run to the point where she has a Avatar logbook worth of 98000 without boots. So I have a rally bot with DS+ and Shadowgift. Shadowgift isn't all that useful though, as the only truely useful Dark Magic tome for it is a forged Aversa's Night. Waste forged for maximum hit has a Mt of 13, which is easily beaten by a Celica's Gale forged for Maximum might with Tomefare. I guess I could pair her with Olivia and have DS+ on.

Katarina doesn't get DSt+. DSp+ is different and a lot less useful. Shadowgift's primary beneficial use is actually Mire, by the way.

Fewer than 8 units is definitely doable, but it's not something I'd recommend for a first try. You'll have a very hard time with Apo if you have any fewer than 5 attacks per turn, at least 10 being preferable, and two Rallybots. The setup I posted should still work well, and you'll want to arm both Rallybots and all the Sages with Rescue.

Katarina doesn't get DSt+. DSp+ is different and a lot less useful. Shadowgift's primary beneficial use is actually Mire, by the way.

Fewer than 8 units is definitely doable, but it's not something I'd recommend for a first try. You'll have a very hard time with Apo if you have any fewer than 5 attacks per turn, at least 10 being preferable, and two Rallybots. The setup I posted should still work well, and you'll want to arm both Rallybots and all the Sages with Rescue.

I fixed that mistake (Dual Support +)...

I've never actually used Mire. I guess it's because I never needed it. Would Hit+20 help Mire out?

I fixed that mistake (Dual Support +)...

I've never actually used Mire. I guess it's because I never needed it. Would Hit+20 help Mire out?

If you're using a Rallybot, you're better off devoting your entire skill set to Rallies. 2 is preferable so you can get all of them, but if you don't have Bride DLC for Rally Heart, then Shadowgift is an option for extra chip with Mire. However, devoting more slots to giving +20 Hit to Mire seems like a waste.

Mire itself is far from necessary, since your units should be ORKOing most enemies, rendering the chip pointless. If you run solid skill sets (procs or 100% DS, etc.), then Mire isn't doing much, if anything.

Expanding on Czar's point, Dual Support+ only ends up adding 5 Hit, Avoid, Crit, and Crit Avoid, which is pretty lame. I cannot recommend using a skillslot for it unless you really have nothing better to run.

Edited by burgerkong

DSp+ is also good on Berserker Gerome when paired with a dodgetank Severa.

It might actually be a good idea to make do with one Rallybot since you've got so few units and use the other slot for a dedicated Staffbot. Putting Rallies Spectrum, Heart, Spd, Mag and Skl together could get you a good ~90% of the offensive performance of a two rally set. You'd have to be careful to avoid getting KOed since pretty much everything would two-shot you, but it's probably worth it (less prep time, too).