H2 Marth solo run

Because I've nothing to do and my biased poll doesn't leave a 'no' reply anyways, I decided to just proceed. Though I think this one makes me view Frost as way more of a badass old man than Dracoknight:

[spoiler=He will never surpass Berserker!Wendell though]http://imgur.com/AwbK6Yc

[spoiler=Marth]60/25/6/25/25/25/25/9

[spoiler=Staffbots]Bishop - Sage

MU B - B

Wendell Etzel Elrean C - C

Merric Frost C - D

[spoiler=C18 Preps]Deployed: Bishops!Merric Frost, Sages!Elrean Etzel Wendell MU, Marth, Feena

Sold: 20 Silver Lance, 20 Silver Axe, 20 Silver Bow, 20 Killer Bow, 21 Thunder, 1 Door Key (fail), 1 Secret Book, 1 Angelrobe, 1 Goddess Icon

Money: 111599 G

Astonishing how quickly those free silvers and treasury shit made me rich.

Items: 38 Silver, 6 Killer, 25 Levin, 24 Devil, 48 Wyrm, 40 Armor, 12 Swordslayer, 19 Mercurius, 69 Rapier, 24 Master

3x Recover, 1x Fortify, 10 Resq, 1 Hammerne, 3 Again, 4x Physic, 6x Heal, 2x Mend, 3 Unlock, 14 Barrier, 5 Warp, 56 Vulnerary, 4 Door Key, 9 Pure Water

[spoiler=C18 Playthrough]Staffbots and Feena get out of range, Marth runs towards the village with Rapier equipped to ORKO those Pallies. Village is visited by Turn 2 and cave is visited too. Aggroed the Generals on Turn 5 with Armorslayer equipped. The secret shop here is just like the one on FE11 C23, IntelligentFailures IS decided to sell promotion items right before endgame once again! I could farm a bit of staff rank by having Marth go back, heal with Merric and dance Marth back to the Generals. Got the Recover staff, even though I doubt much usage of all four full recover staves. I might sell it though. Seized by Turn 11.

Edited by Gradivus.

5th update for today!

[spoiler=Marth]60/25/6/25/25/25/25/9

MU B - B

Etzel Wendell Elrean C - C

Merric Frost C - D

[spoiler=C19 Preps]Deployed: Marth, Feena, Bishops!Merric Frost, Sages!Etzel Wendell MU Elrean

Sold: 19 Silver Lance, 1 Master Seal, 1 Arms Scroll

Money: 115144 G

Items: 38 Silver, 25 Levin, 24 Devil, 48 Wyrm, 23 Armorslayer, 12 Swordslayer, 24 Master, 19 Mercurius, 61 Rapier

5x Heal, 2x Mend, 4x Recover, 1x Fortify, 10 Rescue, 3 Again, 1 Hammerne, 14 Barrier, 3 Unlock, 59 Vulnerary, 4 Door Key

[spoiler=C19 Playthrough]Frost warps Marth, Marth kills generic General, MU agains Marth, Marth can barely ORKO the boss with an unforged Armorslayer if he has Starsphere and Lightsphere. Merric is danced fullmove north-east and rescues Marth to have him reach the Paladin squad and the village in time. On turn 2 I pull the initial Paladins. Killed the Thief without a droppable on Turn 3 and pulled the Warriors in the meantime. I could easily ORKO all of them with Silver and kill the 2nd Thief aswell. Sedgar squad was ridiculously dumb. The Silversword/Swordslayer!Horsemen did one more point of damage from melee range so they suicided onto Marth. The other ones could easily be killed with Rapier. The boss area was easily to kill with Armorslayer ORKOing all moveable enemies (Ballistae hit for 31 Accuracy if Marth is on a fort so I just neglected killing them. I rigged 2 arena wins for Marth afterwards (1370 from a Warrior and 1270 from a Sorcerer) and seized by Turn 30.

[spoiler=Marth]60/25/8/25/25/25/25/9

MU B - B

Wendell Etzel Elrean C - C

Merric Frost C - D

[spoiler=C20 Preps]Deployed: Marth, Feena, Sages!MU Etzel, Bishops!Merric Frost

Sold: 20 Silver Lance, 20 Silver Axe, 18 Silver Bow, 21 Thoron, 1 Dracoshield

Bought 200 Iron Sword since I might get short of weapons against this huge number of enemies.

Money: 120929

Fed Marth a Res Bond from the Etzel MU convo.

49 Silver, 25 Levin, 48 Wyrm, 13 Armor, 12 Swordslayer, 24 Master, 19 Mercurius, 44 Rapier, 22 Devil

not much change about staves, though 9 rescue, 2 again, 4 warp.

[spoiler=C20 Playthrough]Marth uses Pure Water on Turn 1 and is danced to the Thief to OHKO with Devil. I figured out that the treasury is the trigger for the reinforcements. So, I had to ensure that Marth is warped on Turn 3 and Master Sword critblicks (only way to ORKO) the Sniper and that none of the reinforcements could reach the other part of the party until Turn 5. On Turn 4, only the General and Sage lived of the treasury squad (Swarm is negligable, though he lived too) So, Frost warped Merric into the treasure room. Merric rescues Feena, Marth kills General (Armorslayer), Feena dances, Marth kills Sage. MU trades the Warp staff, warps Etzel, who rescues Frost. Merric rescues MU, is danced, rescues Midia (didn't want to disappoint dead astram). I first looted the treasures and then opened the door. I used the same strat as for C15 and C16, though now I have Lifesphere it works even more consistently. Basically, if there is no Sage to attack Marth from melee range, I equip an Iron Sword, otherwise I equip nothing. Afterwards, I can probably finish the incoming unit (Heroes with Swordslayer, Warriors with another Iron round, Generals with Rapier, Sages OHKO with Devil Sword. Then, I dance Marth one square forward and equip Iron again so I don't ORKO any enemies (I had a Paladin before me; ORKOing on EP is knownly dangerous for chokepoints like that one) Also, I could safely dance once the Warriors and Sages are dead, since Snipers, Generals and Paladins wouldn't OHKO Feena. Once I broke past the chokepoint, I routed the team around the Brave Axe. Sniper was an easy picking too by not triggering the fortify with an Iron -> Silver combo. Sage ORKOed, Opening the door means eating 9 dmg (swarm) + 20 (thoron) + 15 (bolganone) + 9 (axe!hero) = 53 dmg aka he's fine. Magic seems to have priority over physical things, so the sage and bishop suicide on Marth from melee range. Axe!Hero is smashed by swordslayer after the Iron chip. After getting the Brave Axe, I went down and pulled the Hero to the left of the Earth Dragon, killed with standard Iron + Swordslayer combo. Then, I rigged a Master Sword crit on the Dragon to make him less obnoxious. Taking on the Throne squad only requires pulling the enemies in small bunches. In my case it was Sniper+Hero+Hero, Bishop, Sage+Sniper, General, General, then I charged the Bishops to the south-east and took Brave Bow. I managed to defeat the Glower!Sorc out of the treasury using Levin Sword earlier on. I proceeded by stalling Hardin's Gradivus out. With this done, I killed him with Mercurius (would have been 6HKO after throne healing, though Marth crit the 2nd hit (I'm fine with that though as it's 30% to crit, so it was highly probable to happen once). Seized by Turn 114, only Midia and Roshea alive so no stupid assassins subplot. :]

Edited by Gradivus.

My favorite map. I enjoy playing it on Lunatic, it's a challenge to play it quickly, while it's another challenge to protect the village with all those strong enemies around that won't move unless pulled. It also feels godlike to excaliblick 2 40 Atk Wyrms on the same EP without having used any statboosters.

[spoiler=Staffbots]Bishop / Sage

MU B/B

Etzel B/C

Wendell Etzel Elrean Frost C/C

[spoiler=C21 Preps]Deployed: Marth, Feena, Sages!MU Wendell Merric Frost Elrean, Bishop!Etzel, DK!Roshea, Malicia

Sold: 42 Rapier, 1 Armorslayer, 30 Brave Lance, 30 Brave Axe, 30 Brave Bow, 13 Recover, 24 Fortify, 1 Door Key, 5 Master Key, 59 Vulnerary, 1 Master Seal, 1 Bullion L

Bought some probably pointless heal staves.

Money: 143779 G

staves: 1 hammerne 5 rescue 5 again 1 warp 2x mend 6x heal 4x physic 4x recover 14 barrier 3 unlock

100 iron uses, 48 wyrmslayer, like 40 silver 30 brave 21 master 17 mercurius are pretty much all relevant swords i have atm

[spoiler=C21 Playthrough]Malicia hammernes Warp, Marth pulls 2 Dragons while importantly not pulling the Zerker. Iron Sword + Wyrmslayer is like Iron Sword + Swordslayer was. Marth finishes a dragon, is danced and finishes another one, while entering the Berserker range. He finishes off the Zerker with Silver and is danced to pull the 3rd Dragon. Picking off the Tomahawk!Zerker with EP 4 Levin Sword + PP 5 Iron + danced PP 5 Iron. Frost barriered him for some reason. An SM and Hammer!Berserker are pulled

Because I would ever want to use Generals here.

and finished off with Silver next turn. I made out a position for Marth to pull two Wyverns immediately and abuse Iron + Wyrm again. Also, I could kill the fort-sitting Meteor!Sorc and the northern Thoron one. It's a simple chapter as I presumed because the enemy only moves if I pull and I don't have to think about the village. Devil Sword also came in handy to OHKO Thieves that aggro once the village is rampaged. Roshea took the Talisman from the cave. Also, some of the Thieves turned out to be on a fort when they attack, so I sticked to Mercurius for those. My playthrough from there on was very simple aswell. I took on enemies area by area and never really had any problems. Barrier!Silver!Marth can easily be thrown into the village area, physic'ing is important but pretty affordable. The boss area can be flanked from the north, whereas barriered feena can distract the meteor and Marth pulls 2 wyrms to finish them of by being danced next turn. Merric can heal up Feena with Physic and can also go to Marth and support him with Mend, since I'm trying to get B staves on Merric as a bishop for C24. Seized by Turn 28, the boss is a huge joke and got Brave2HKOed by Marth.

Edited by Gradivus.

[spoiler=Staffbots]Bishop/Sage

MU B/B

Etzel Merric Frost B/C

Elrean Wendell C/C

[spoiler=C22 Preps] Deployed: Bishops!Wendell Merric, Sage!Elrean, Feena, Marth,

Sold literally all mend/heal/barrier staves and all swords except Master and 0 G ones. Also sold other crap, C21 Talisman and vulneraries/pure water too. Turned out to have 156974G, so I could afford a +8Mt/+20Crt Master Sword (needs 156666G) I'll allow myself to copy commonguard (iirc) 's idea and call it 156666 G. Was there ever a more expensive reasonable forge?

[spoiler=C22 Playthrough]Decided to warpskip this one. Might have abused a chokepoint in the south akin to Generic Officer's Generic H2 Playthrough, but I didn't bother since having most possible money for the Master Sword is worth more. So... Wendell warped Elrean to the eastern door, Unlock, Dance -> Wendell, Warp Marth to the boss, critblick at 67 Crt, Again from Merric, seize. Pretty straightforward.

Redid C22 for the MU Frost convo with both of them deployed. Wendell has now B Staves as a Bishop, so I'll have Elrean be my Warpspammer for C23 to maybe reach B Staves too.

[spoiler=Staffbots] MU B Sage

Etzel Frost Merric Wendell B Bishop

Elrean almost B Bishop

[spoiler=C23 Preps]Deployed: Bishops!Elrean Frost, Feena, Marth, Sage!MU

20 Masterforge, 15 Mercurius, 4 Again 5 Rescue 5 Warp

[spoiler=C23 Playthrough]Elrean warps Marth next to Gharnef, Marth attacks with Mercurius. Elrean is danced and rescues Marth . Gharnef is aggroed and leaves the throne. Elrean warps Marth to the Throne, seizing on Turn 2.

[spoiler=Staffbots]Frost Etzel Merric Wendell B Bishop

MU B Sage

Elrean almost B Bishop

[spoiler=C24 Preps]Deployed: Sages!Minerva Sirius MU, Bishops!Wendell Elrean Merric Frost Etzel, Feena, Marth, DK!Ymir

4x Recover, 4 Again, 4 Rescue, 3 Warp, 14 Mercurius, 20 156666G forge

[spoiler=C24 Playthrough]Elrean warps Marth to Lena, Marth kills with a Mercurius hit, Sirius rescues Marth. Everyone went a bit forward. A Mage Dragon stood in Marth's way and was Mercurius-ORKOed. Sirius is warped to Nyna by Elrean and rescues Minerva. Marth goes next to Medeus and Sirius, takes the Rescue staff and crits with 156666G. Nyna takes a Recover staff from the convoy and uses it on Marth. Frost Agains Marth. Ymir takes the save point to rig 2 further crits. Marth moves so that Merric can heal him while recruiting Elice. After the 2nd hit, Marth is agained by Wendell. Getting the two subsequent crits worked after 2 resets. Defeated Medeus by Turn 2.

Finished.
[spoiler=TCs]P1 4
P2 5
P3 4
P4 5
P5 6
P6 5
P7 12
P8 10
C1 12
C2 17
C3 37
C4 23
C5 29
C6 37
C7 7
C8 17
C9 25
C10 42
C11 49
C12 17
C13 34
C14 39
C15 51
C16 54
C17 46
C18 11
C19 30
C20 114
C21 28
C22 1
C23 2
C24 2

I guess Dragon's Altar ones are fine?
[spoiler=units]Marth: Could prove that he's a god. Also killed H2 Medeus without using the Falchion at all. S
MU: Well, he's literally a dumbass. Can fight near-perfectly but only healed. D
Sirius: Heroic rescuer and bias points for his MercuriSiri prowess. He gets an S for Sirius?
Merric: He gets an S for Staffbot and bias for hitting Excaliblick benchmarks for C21 on Reverse Lunatic. Clearly an S.
Elrean: Proved as a heroic staffbot that remained unpromoted the longest and still owned. A
Wendell: Windell contains Win. Fair enough? Win spear outdated? S
Etzel: Swung a staff and prevented Marth from dying. A
Frost: 2nd most badass old mage. #reclass#berserker A
Malicia: Used hammerne and had stupid support convos. B
Dolph: Choked a point. He also interrupted three Armorslayer!Cavs. A
Arran: Wanted to swing a silver lance, but was old and couldn't differenciate it from a staff. B
Roshea: Heroically grabbed a Talisman and allowed me to hit my money benchmark. B
Midia: Can use Master Key, didn't use it. D
Ymir: Secured a crucial savepoint. B
Caeda: Recruited some weapons. Also negative bias for having failed to ORKO Generals on my Loony' run. C
Astram: Heroically engaged me to give me his sword. Also leader of a way stronger squad. E
Xane: Heroically distracted Dark Mages. A
Minerva: Heroic rescue tradechain abuser. Maybe also influenced the C24 AI movement a bit. A
Tiki: Sold her Dragonstone and granted me 2250 G. Contributed less than the bullion in her chapter. D
Horace: Blocked a fort. B

Edited by Gradivus.

waaaaaaaaaaarp

grats. since I haven't played it, how much higher are H2 Medeus' stats anyway compared to H3?

Edited by Irysa

waaaaaaaaaaarp

grats. since I haven't played it, how much higher are H2 Medeus' stats anyway compared to H3?

thanks

Warp is probably what made this possible though. I hardly think that Marth could handle the C19 Paladins on Lunatic (Maniac might work but Rapier waste)

Medeus has 92 HP 37 Str 37 Skl 29 Spd 37+2 Def 28 Res on H2, aka every Marth is 2hkoed, though not much higher than H3

I exactly needed the mt of the forge to 9hko, though I could have gone for 19 Mt Master Sword which kills after 3 Crits and a regular hit because I had a spare again staff.

Also, my ranks: Speed D

Survival B (woohoo)

Tactics E (prologue survival and recruitment right?)

Edited by Gradivus.