Building An Evil StreetPass Team

Note: These are my OPINIONS. This is also taking into account recent feedback.

So you want to build a StreetPass team that will give your opponent a run for their money? It ain't easy, that's for sure.

First of all, we need to assume a couple of things. First, we should assume your opponent is playing on Classic. Second, their units are paired up. Third, they are relatively competent FE players.

Pairing up murders hit rates. We know this for a fact. So, a skill that is absolutely necessary is Limit Breaker. Limit Breaker will allow you to actually have a chance of hitting your opponent, even if they are paired up. However, Limit Breaker alone won't save you. Just look at this "amazing" StreetPass team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ijdawoAVVc

Look at some of these skills. Now, remember assumption #1? This person did not think their team through. We see skills such as Galeforce and Lifetaker. These skills, while great when you use them, are useless in SteetPass teams. I shouldn't need to explain why. Other skills that don't work are support skills (DS+, DG+), Locktouch, and Critical skills. Especially Gamble. DO NOT USE GAMBLE. In addition, HP related skills such as Vantage and Sol don't work either. Your unit most likely won't last the turn, so don't bother.

So what skills should you use? Well, besides Limit Breaker, Counter is another good one. For those of us who don't use bows, Counter is a very scary skill that can and will leave you near death. Another good one is shockingly Hit +20. Let's face it, your hit rate's going to suck. If you are below the 60% threshold, you're praying for hits. Hit +20 should alleviate some of that.

Here's the small list:
Crimsoncurse.png Anathema: Hit rate.
Lethality_%28FE13%29.png Lethality: Don't base your team around this. It doesn't work. Otherwise, it's a good backup.
Luna_%28FE13%29.png Luna: The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Limit_Breaker.png Limit Breaker: You need this.

Counter_%28FE13%29.png Counter: I'm taking you down with me!

Miracle_%28FE13%29.png Miracle: I might attack again!

Accuracy20.png Hit Rate +20: So you can actually hit.

Quickslash.png Aggressor: If you're gonna hit, might as well hit hard.

Hotstarticon.png Quick Burn: Once again Hit rate. The map should be over before it stops working.

Lucky_7.png Lucky 7: Same as Quick burn.

Now, what about weapons? A common tactic is to just distribute all of your A rank weapons among your units. It's also a stupid one. Remember hit rates? Sometimes you can forge better weapons. For example, a Forged Hector's Axe has overall better stats than Hauteclere. A forged Alm's Blade sacrifices 5 hit for 3 might and 5 crit over Mercurius. A forged Aversa's Night is infinity better than Goetia. And don't forget brave weapons.

Now, what is the problem with most of these weapons? Their low durability. Now, your unit will probably will be dead before their weapons break, but you could prevent that from happening with Armsthrift. It's up to you to decide.

Then we get to throwing axes. The best throwing axe is Helswath (Unless you're Walhart in which case you use Wolf Berg). Helswath has a high might and is overall better than a Tomahawk. Unfortunately, there's a problem. 60 hit. Ouch. This is where you would want Hit +20. Now you might actually have a shot of hitting.

Short List of Good Weapons:
Brave_Sword_FE13.png Any Brave Weapon.
Alm%27s_Championsword_FE13_Icon.png Alm's Blade: Monstrous might and hit. Use this over Mercurius.
Ragnell..png Ragnell: If you have a Swordsmaster, put this in. Don't use Amatsu.
Gradivus_FE13_Icon.png Gradivus: The best lance. 1-2 range and functions as an elixir.
Hector%27s_Axe_FE13.png Hector's Axe: Same reason as Alm's Blade.
Helswath_FE13.png Helswath: Hit +20 will be really useful if you use this.
Wolf_Berg.png Wolf Berg: If you put Walhart on your team, he needs to use this.
Double_Bow_FE13_Icon.png Double Bow: A must for Snipers.
Parthia_FE13_Icon.png Parthia: If you aren't a sniper, use this instead.
Falaflame_FE13_Icon.png Valflame: Definitely use instead of Mjölnir. It's got a better hit rate and the highest Might.
Excalibur_FE13_Icon.png Excalibur: Very high hit rate. The critical rate doesn't matter as much.
Celica%27s_Gale_FE13.png Celica's Gale: There's a reason why people use this on Apotheosis.
Aversa%27s_Night_FE13.png Aversa's Night: Same as Alm's Blade. The life-stealing property doesn't hurt either.
Goddess_Staff_FE13_Icon.png Goddess Staff: 2a7y0bb.png. Otherwise Fortify.
Elixir_FE13_Icon.png Elixir: I know it's not a weapon. But 2a7y0bb.png.

Now with all that said, will your team still lose? Yes. Dual Guards and Dual Strikes will destroy your team no matter what you do. All you can do is just make it more difficult.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

What's AT doing here? Your units die instantly to anything, they'll probably never get even one chance to attack. You could give them all glass weapons and they wouldn't break. As far as Vengeance and Iote's Shield are concerned, if you get engaged by the enemy and don't kill them before you get a chance to attack, you die, period. If doesn't matter what skills or items you're packing for being low on HP, because you're either going to be at full or at zero.

Opinions are fine, but when gameplay comes into the equation sometimes they just don't mesh with reality.

What's AT doing here? Your units die instantly to anything, they'll probably never get even one chance to attack. You could give them all glass weapons and they wouldn't break. As far as Vengeance and Iote's Shield are concerned, if you get engaged by the enemy and don't kill them before you get a chance to attack, you die, period. If doesn't matter what skills or items you're packing for being low on HP, because you're either going to be at full or at zero.

Opinions are fine, but when gameplay comes into the equation sometimes they just don't mesh with reality.

Those are good points. I have no counter-arguments to make.

Taking what you said into account, that also makes Sol and Vantage worthless. Aether at least allows you to attack twice. Aversa's Night still works because of the 20 mt, 90 hit and the fact that there is no random chance.

Any other comments?

EDIT: Just fixed original post up.

If you really want a skill like vengeance on there, then aegis and pavise would be useful on high skill units, but it's probably better to disregard it altogether...

I thought about Aegis and Pavise, but I remembered Dual Strikes. Aegis and Pavise don't work against dual strikes. While Counter can at least hurt the opposing unit, Aegis and Pavise just delay the inevitable.

The only case where Vengeance would be useful is if Miracle activated. That's it.

I thought about Aegis and Pavise, but I remembered Dual Strikes. Aegis and Pavise don't work against dual strikes. While Counter can at least hurt the opposing unit, Aegis and Pavise just delay the inevitable.

The only case where Vengeance would be useful is if Miracle activated. That's it.

True. Miracle, vengeance, vantage and a high crit weapon could be pretty powerful...

Miracle also does nothing against DSes. If you're counting PavGis out, it should be too.

The team I'm currently using (design courtesy of AC) is a squad of 10 +Str/-Def Avatar-Ms with +3/25 1-range Braves and LB/Agg/Ignis/Luna/Counter in various high Str/Skl classes with Logbook Boots. They won't be able to do anything if they don't get a turn in, but neither can any other team. If they do catch someone in their range on EP, however, a splat is almost guaranteed. The survival thresholds for two procstacked LB/Agg hits is already very high, and when Counter is added to the mix...

The other tried and true methods for building troll teams are to either pack them full of spoilers for your plot-heavy game of choice or make them as useless as possible for everything besides fighting (no buyable weapons and an Avatar with terrible skills/stats/whatever).

I also thought about making a team where I used items and skills to make acronyms for words from a theme that would make a lot of people mad if they ever noticed them, and get some laughs by sneaking them under people's radars, but I never got around to that.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Consider throwing in Brave weapons, not just Celica's Gale, especially if forged to have +25 Hit and +3 Mt.

Another thing that can make a Streetpass team trollish is to make it as NSFW as possible:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlxEA99xA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl5xlVpvQ

Honestly, the only trolly streetpass team I've had trouble with my UNPROMOTED maxed out units was a team with breakers, Lucky 7's, Hot Start (Quick Burn?), and Lethality made up of DLC/Spotpass units (which can only happen with the Japanese version because of the bug with the North American and European copies).

Freaking Spotpass Tiki with breakers, Lucky 7, and a Lethality dragonstone was hell.

The team I'm currently using (design courtesy of AC) is a squad of 10 +Str/-Def Avatar-Ms with +3/25 1-range Braves and LB/Agg/Ignis/Luna/Counter in various high Str/Skl classes with Logbook Boots. They won't be able to do anything if they don't get a turn in, but neither can any other team. If they do catch someone in their range on EP, however, a splat is almost guaranteed. The survival thresholds for two procstacked LB/Agg hits is already very high, and when Counter is added to the mix...

First of all, that's a nice StreetPass team.

Miracle also does nothing against DSes. If you're counting PavGis out, it should be too.

Miracle does have something Pavise and Aegis do not, the ability to work with Counter. We all know the great troll method of Lethality vs Counter and Miracle. Overall, Miracle will be able to reflect more damage, which is the best you can hope for.

The other tried and true methods for building troll teams are to either pack them full of spoilers for your plot-heavy game of choice or make them as useless as possible for everything besides fighting (no buyable weapons and an Avatar with terrible skills/stats/whatever).

People who put just non-buyable weapons on their SteetPass team are missing out. Like I mentioned, a Forged Alm's Blade and a Forged Hector's Axe are superior to Mercurius and Hauteclere. Which is why I take great satisfaction sending one or two units out and demolishing those teams.

Consider throwing in Brave weapons, not just Celica's Gale, especially if forged to have +25 Hit and +3 Mt.

I already did.

Another thing that can make a Streetpass team trollish is to make it as NSFW as possible:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlxEA99xA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl5xlVpvQ

Wow... Okay then. Reminds me of when I faced an Avatar who went by GIR who had a Leif's Blade called Oral $ex. I still don't know how the filter let that through.

Honestly, the only trolly streetpass team I've had trouble with my UNPROMOTED maxed out units was a team with breakers, Lucky 7's, Hot Start (Quick Burn?), and Lethality made up of DLC/Spotpass units (which can only happen with the Japanese version because of the bug with the North American and European copies).

Freaking Spotpass Tiki with breakers, Lucky 7, and a Lethality dragonstone was hell.

Hot Start was localized to Quick Burn.

I had an experience with a Limit Broken Avatar!Nah with a Dragonstone+. A really bad one of dealing no damage. Of course, I only sent out one unit so that didn't help either (Lucina!Morgan to be exact). It also didn't help that she was an Assassin.

Also, great video BTW.

Pair-up, unfortunately, is incredibly broken, so no Streetpass team really stands a chance, unfortunately.

Unless you go with unpromoted units like I do.

But also, keep in mind, Mr. Elitist Airship Canon was complaining about a lot of people dying to his team at a convention.

The majority being... the average player DOES NOT know optimization or setups.

Nor does everyone have access to the DLC.

They enjoy the game their own way. And honestly, FE is a single player game. Taking streetpass too seriously will suck the fun out of it.

A good portion of the commenters on my streetpass battles didn't realize that you can kill pretty much any team.

Which is why I even made that "pfft limit breaker" video in the first place.

Edited by shadowofchaos

People who put just non-buyable weapons on their SteetPass team are missing out. Like I mentioned, a Forged Alm's Blade and a Forged Hector's Axe are superior to Mercurius and Hauteclere. Which is why I take great satisfaction sending one or two units out and demolishing those teams.

The point isn't to have a powerful team, it's to have a useless one that won't sell stuff if the receiver doesn't want to fight.

Nor does everyone have access to the DLC.

Considering the DLC skills seem to still work when DLC isn't installed, this is an excellent point.

Playing ultra-high Def is kind of a hit-or-miss strategy depending on how prepared the foe is, but if they can't damage you, well, there's no way to win.

They enjoy the game their own way. And honestly, FE is a single player game. Taking streetpass too seriously will suck the fun out of it.

Well, you can just make a great StreetPass team for people who need a challenge, and at the same time you can use that team as a StreetPass shop. That'll be helpful to those who have recently started the game. That's what I did.

-

As you said before, Vantage can be very useful in StreetPass teams. A Magic MU/Spotpass/DLC unit with Counter/Miracle/Vengance/Vantage will be able to destroy teams, even if it's a typical combination.

I also use in my StreetPass team healing skills like Sol or Recover + Healer (Sage or even Trickster) with Fortify/Goddess Staff.

This will sound obvious, but remember this: your rival WILL restart if they lose an unit. It's one of the main mistakes that people who want to create a great StreetPass team usually do. Pairing skills won't be effective and you'll be wasting a slot.

By the way, nice guide. I should add Vantage as a great skill in StreetPass, but you said the most important things. :3

Well, you can just make a great StreetPass team for people who need a challenge, and at the same time you can use that team as a StreetPass shop. That'll be helpful to those who have recently started the game. That's what I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U14npVLKjgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJqEpydHfCc

I think the killed the idea on release in February.

Since I had the game for nearly a year before everyone else, I was able to grind more efficiently than most people.

And the people at my college noticed I had maxed out units even without the grinding DLC yet... they usually dismissed me.

That depressed me a little... so I helped them instead.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Sorry for the double post, but to contribute to the thread and for reference, this was the streetpass team I was having a little trouble on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ghp0dhPpFc

Essentially, with my unpromoted unit setups, someone WILL die unless I got the Vengeance Vantage setup AND take into account breakers.

I'm not *THAT* good at FE: Awakening when compared with people like Interceptor.