Issues I have come across

Dolph has weird death message
Tomas has no death message but part of text window comes up

The heal preview screen where you select your staff is in Thracian

Item acquired and level up notifications are in Japanese

Open chest menu icon is in Thracian, put a general with a key on a chest

Screen flashes weirdly when time runs out

Item descriptions are in Thracian

That being said thank you for updating the translation patch, now people don't speak Thracian when they die.

Edited by hibber22

all other characters have same death message being:

Lady Nyna...

Please...

Stay safe...

every playable unit except nyna has the exact same death quote in the original. tomas and dolph should be displaying it as well

every playable unit except nyna has the exact same death quote in the original. tomas and dolph should be displaying it as well

my bad, do you have a repository with all the scrips like you had with genealogy?

• 1 month later...

I like the looks of this. I also like the idea of a full restoration. However, I get the feeling that might not ever happen. Then again, I had the same thought about the BS Zelda restorations, and those got finished, so there is hope for this.

• 6 months later...

Well it's been a while but here's an update-

As I'm sure you've guessed, the project has been cancelled. Basically I had planned to insert the original intro and add MSU-1 support (to restore the voice acting/orchestrated soundtrack) along with the translation. Unfortunately this is not possible at the time since the roms don't seem to work in ANY snes debugger. This limits me to only a translation. Unfortunately I don't have an interest in only doing that since the game isn't worth playing over the remake in FE12 without the features I mentioned before. 

If someone ever manages to fix the roms to work with a debugger, I'll certainly consider resuming this again. But until then unfortunately it's cancelled. Sorry to anyone that was looking forward to these being translated :( 

In the meantime I've started a new project over in the FE12 section if anyone's interested ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2017 at 8:44 PM, DDS said:

I don't know anything about BS games or MSU-1, but I asked my friend about it. He was part of the project that worked on the BS Zelda 1 and 3 translations/mods. If you're still interested in giving this project one more try, you could try going to https://www.zeldix.net/f45-msu-1-hacking and ask Euclid or others there for any help or tips for working with MSU-1 games.

Thanks for the link! 

I've been around the BS Zelda forums and it seems like the way they implemented it would be perfect for BS Fire Emblem as well. At the moment I'm working on another project so I'm not planning on giving this another try at the moment.

Maybe after my current project I'll give this one another go. First I need to brush up on my assembly though :)

Oh, and btw if anyone is interested - I did find a debugger that runs the BSFE roms - bsnes-plus.