Smash Bros Wii U: Fire Emblem Recruitment Theme Medley:

Don Draper

...I only recognized one of them. But that's probably because the only two I remember well are FE7's and Tellius's. Speaking of which, Tellius's recruitment theme (With Us! in PoR and Stalwarts Unite in RD) wasn't in this. That's sad. :(

Edited by Anacybele

I thought it might have been. I never played any of those games, so I didn't listen to any of their music (except what was in Brawl). But why no Tellius recruitment theme since Ike is still in Smash? Or maybe it was made separate for some reason? It's all I can hope for.

So far, the only way either of my most wanted music tracks (Eternal Bond's return and the addition of Stalwarts Unite/With Us! which is the Tellius recruitment theme) would be in this game is if they're unlockable... Eternal Bond was unlockable in Brawl though, so it's not impossible at all, thankfully.

I imagine one possible reason that the Tellius recruitment theme wasn't included in this medley was because they wanted these medleys to give representation to other FE games that didn't get as much content. (you'll notice Awakenings recruitment theme in it either)

Tellius seems to be getting plenty of music through both the Coliseum stage and Castle Siege, so they may have felt that it "gotten its due," as it were, and decided to focus more on other games in the series.

Edited by shinpichu

I imagine one possible reason that the Tellius recruitment theme wasn't included in this medley was because they wanted these medleys to give representation to other FE games that didn't get as much content. (you'll notice Awakenings recruitment theme in it either)

Tellius seems to be getting plenty of music through both the Coliseum stage and Castle Siege, so they may have felt that it "gotten its due," as it were, and decided to focus more on other games in the series.

Yeah, I understand that. This was the only reason that Stalwarts Unite was the only Tellius song I wanted added. Because I knew other FE games lacked representation as well. But adding it to this medley wouldn't have hurt anything if what's already in it stays.

Yet, Sakurai chose to add The Devoted instead. That one's meh, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

okay, so i combed over this video by the same uploader which has them pawing through the my music menu, and it looks like this is the fire emblem music setup for the two stages

coliseum gets:

• The Devoted (FE10, original ver)
  • Coliseum Series Medley (series medey, new remix)
  • Fight 1 (Fire Emblem Gaiden) (new remix)
  • Meeting Theme Series Medley (series medley, new remix)
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Medley (new remix)
  • Time of Action (FE10, original ver)
  • Id (Purpose) (FE13, original ver)
  • Duty (Ablaze) (FE13, original ver)
  • Attack (Soma Bringer) (original ver)

the fellow uploaded the fe3 medley here, and wow that's a nice medley. easily a lot stronger than the meeting theme medley. they also played a bit of the coliseum medley as well, and while the full thing isn't played, i can't say i'm all that enthused by what i did hear so far. frankly, the devoted is an absolute masterpiece and that'd be enough for me as far as the stage's music goes

castle siege's options seem to be almost the same as in brawl. it's got:

• Fire Emblem Theme (FE1, reused remix, likely the brawl operatic version)
  • Fire Emblem (FE1, reused remix, no way in hell it's not the melee song)
  • Shadow Dragon Medley (FE1, reused remix, probably brawl's)
  • With Mila's Divine Protection (FE2, reused remix, guaranteed to be the absolute masterpiece that is the brawl song)
  • Attack (Fire Emblem) (FE7, reused remix, probably brawl's)
  • Preparing to Advance (FE8, reused remix, probably brawl's)
  • Crimean Army Sortie (FE9, original ver)
  • Against the Dark Knight (FE9, original ver, complete with the ntsc!brawl mistranslation :P)
  • Victory is Near (FE9, original ver)

yeah, no real surprises. winning road and power-hungry fool, iirc are the only things missing now. not too big a deal, but may fe6 getting repped at all in this damn game rest in peace

come to think of it, it wouldn't surprise me if some songs need to be collected and unlocked like in brawl, so THERE COULD BE MORE. christ i hope there's something actually vaguely substantial from fe4/5, though i'm really not holding my breath anymore

There is roughly one hundred songs to be unlocked in the game, so there's a lot of room for more music. You start with 329, and we know that there are at least 437 songs in total.

Light and Dark, Light and Dark, Light and Dark.

okay, so i combed over this video by the same uploader which has them pawing through the my music menu, and it looks like this is the fire emblem music setup for the two stages

coliseum gets:

• The Devoted (FE10, original ver)
  • Coliseum Series Medley (series medey, new remix)
  • Fight 1 (Fire Emblem Gaiden) (new remix)
  • Meeting Theme Series Medley (series medley, new remix)
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Medley (new remix)
  • Time of Action (FE10, original ver)
  • Id (Purpose) (FE13, original ver)
  • Duty (Ablaze) (FE13, original ver)
  • Attack (Soma Bringer) (original ver)

the fellow uploaded the fe3 medley here, and wow that's a nice medley. easily a lot stronger than the meeting theme medley. they also played a bit of the coliseum medley as well, and while the full thing isn't played, i can't say i'm all that enthused by what i did hear so far. frankly, the devoted is an absolute masterpiece and that'd be enough for me as far as the stage's music goes

castle siege's options seem to be almost the same as in brawl. it's got:

• Fire Emblem Theme (FE1, reused remix, likely the brawl operatic version)
  • Fire Emblem (FE1, reused remix, no way in hell it's not the melee song)
  • Shadow Dragon Medley (FE1, reused remix, probably brawl's)
  • With Mila's Divine Protection (FE2, reused remix, guaranteed to be the absolute masterpiece that is the brawl song)
  • Attack (Fire Emblem) (FE7, reused remix, probably brawl's)
  • Preparing to Advance (FE8, reused remix, probably brawl's)
  • Crimean Army Sortie (FE9, original ver)
  • Against the Dark Knight (FE9, original ver, complete with the ntsc!brawl mistranslation :P)
  • Victory is Near (FE9, original ver)

yeah, no real surprises. winning road and power-hungry fool, iirc are the only things missing now. not too big a deal, but may fe6 getting repped at all in this damn game rest in peace

come to think of it, it wouldn't surprise me if some songs need to be collected and unlocked like in brawl, so THERE COULD BE MORE. christ i hope there's something actually vaguely substantial from fe4/5, though i'm really not holding my breath anymore

Eternal Bond/Ike's Theme? That was in Brawl too you know. :P

I hope it's unlockable or something too, it's the theme of one of the playable characters. It wouldn't make sense to remove it. D: Plus it's really popular. I'd be really sad if it got cut for any reason, it's my favorite video game music of all time. :(

I hate Power-Hungry Fool though, so I hope that it's out and Stalwarts Unite is in. Would balance out the number of PoR and RD songs a bit, plus add one that was technically in both (it just got remixed into a imo better version in RD).

Edited by Anacybele

First of all the music choices are brilliant so far.

It's great there are some music themes from Japanese parts made the cut (FE3/12 Medley, Coliseum Medley).

Especially the "Meeting Theme" surprised me very positively. The recruitment themes of 4-8 are excellent.

When I heard "The Devoted" in the E3 presentation, I dreamed that "Time of Action" would be in SSB4 too, because they're my absolute favourite attacking themes in the entire FE franchise. So much more I was taken by complete surprise, when I saw "ToA" in the music list.

I kinda hope the FE6 winning music "Roy's Hope" could return. I like "Victory is near" too, but it's a very peaceful song. Unfitting for a fighting match.

If "A Grasping Truth" would be added, my christmas card list would be fulfilled.

I don't know about that Coliseum medley. The FE1 and 4 battle themes probably have to be my least favorite player phase themes in the series. They are both brief and quite dull. And especially FE4 has a lot more to offer then a reinstrumentalisation of the FE1 battle theme.

Edited by BrightBow