Dcat's Tellius Ruby Challenge

Dragoncat

Was bored so thought, why not kinda copy Iggy Koopa. I'm gonna play through Pokemon Ruby with pokemon named after characters from FE9 and 10.

Pokemon(Current Forms)

ike1_by_rubydragoncat-d85tljo.pngIke - joined in episode 1

volug1_by_rubydragoncat-d85udy1.pngVolug - joined in episode 2

mia1_by_rubydragoncat-d85udxd.pngMia - joined in episode 2

Pokemon(Past Forms)

None yet

Badges

None yet

Episode 1: A Battle and a Beginning

Yes I named this episode after that part of PoR's soundtrack.

pokemon_ruby_02_by_rubydragoncat-d85ple4

Let's get this show on the road!

pokemon_ruby_05_by_rubydragoncat-d85pihs

Oh hi Mom. Remind me why I had to ride with the boxes again?

pokemon_ruby_06_by_rubydragoncat-d85plqn

This says 11:24 right?

pokemon_ruby_08_by_rubydragoncat-d85pihp

Never forget! There's a potion in your PC at the beginning of the game!

pokemon_ruby_09_by_rubydragoncat-d85pihhpokemon_ruby_10_by_rubydragoncat-d85pihb

What?!

pokemon_ruby_11_by_rubydragoncat-d85pmba

Too bad. Well, time to meet the neighbors.

pokemon_ruby_14_by_rubydragoncat-d85pignpokemon_ruby_15_by_rubydragoncat-d85pmkcpokemon_ruby_16_by_rubydragoncat-d85pmkv

Yep...hey, who cares if I'm a girl? Are you sexist?! Well...later to you too!

pokemon_ruby_17_by_rubydragoncat-d85pmwrpokemon_ruby_18_by_rubydragoncat-d85pn24

Dcat to the rescue!

pokemon_ruby_19_by_rubydragoncat-d85pn6bpokemon_ruby_20_by_rubydragoncat-d85pn70

Victory!

pokemon_ruby_21_by_rubydragoncat-d85pn9d

Don't mind if I do...

pokemon_ruby_22_by_rubydragoncat-d85pn99pokemon_ruby_24_by_rubydragoncat-d85pns0

Yay! Calm nature huh...I guess that kinda fits him.

END EPISODE 1

Edited by Dragoncat

Heh, that sounds fun! I remember Silver Lightning was doing something similar awhile back, making a team named after her favorite FE characters.

But ORAS is out soon, so why not wait and do the same there too?

But ORAS is out soon, so why not wait and do the same there too?

Because it's harder to screenshot...I know you don't like emulation but that's what I'm gonna be doing here.

Adding stuff now.

Yay, you picked Treecko and named him Ike! He's the best Hoenn starter and Ike is the best lord, so fitting. ^^ Imo, of course.

Lol yeah. Idk about treecko being the best Hoenn starter, as it doesn't gain another type upon evolution like torchic and mudkip. But I do love it. Same with Ike, he's my favorite but other lords might be better than him in some aspects.

Good thing the treecko didn't turn out to be female...then I would've had to name it Micaiah which wouldn't have fit as well xD Leaf blade = sword user = Ike. I guess I could've taught it solarbeam later, but yeah.

Any suggestions, people? I'm planning a makuhita named Boyd, and a wingull named Marcia...would make her a taillow but I don't use wingulls enough so yeah. Also, a numel named Makalov lol. Need suggestions for zigzagoon and/or poochyena. Volug or Nailah would work for the latter I guess, but does anyone have something better?

Edited by Dragoncat

You could name a Skitty Lethe or Ranulf...lol But that's all I can think of.

Skittys have a low encounter rate. But if I find one I will definetely do that.

Female Mawile named Micaiah!

Mawile huh? I'll consider it. I was already thinking a male aron named Gatrie. Or a female named Titania. Whichever gender I happen to need at the time. I try to have a team of 3 males and 3 females at all times.

Sprites are being added!

Edited by Dragoncat

Episode 2: More Battles and Dad's Directions

With pokeballs in hand, I proceed to add two more team members:

pokemon_ruby_03_by_rubydragoncat-d85tff3

I'm not sure how a zigzagoon fits a myrmidon/swordmaster either. But in LoZ Skyward Sword there's creatures called remlits that look like a mix between a raccoon and a cat, and one of them is named Mia, so...

Onward we go.

pokemon_ruby_04_by_rubydragoncat-d85tffapokemon_ruby_05_by_rubydragoncat-d85tfhd

Man Volug, you have sucky defenses.

pokemon_ruby_07_by_rubydragoncat-d85tfha

That's why it's good to have backup.

pokemon_ruby_14_by_rubydragoncat-d85tfhhpokemon_ruby_08_by_rubydragoncat-d85tfh6

Everyone but Ike needs exp atm...but I have to use him so they don't get their butts whooped.

pokemon_ruby_01_by_rubydragoncat-d85ue1rpokemon_ruby_03_by_rubydragoncat-d85ue5q

A quick trip back to Oldale for healing and shopping. And speaking of potions...

pokemon_ruby_21_by_rubydragoncat-d85ue36

Here's one just sitting there on the ground. Finders keepers losers weepers.

pokemon_ruby_09_by_rubydragoncat-d85ue55

These will be useful too.

pokemon_ruby_22_by_rubydragoncat-d85ue5upokemon_ruby_23_by_rubydragoncat-d85ue5y

After a few more battles I arrive in Petalburg. Straight to the gym...

pokemon_ruby_24_by_rubydragoncat-d85ue64pokemon_ruby_25_by_rubydragoncat-d85ue60

For a wimpy kid, he sure has luck. Very rarely am I able to find a ralts.

Next stop: Rustboro!

END EPISODE 2

If only that Zigzagoon was male. Mia sucks, imo (I don't just mean statistically either). Though you could've also named it Lucia. :P

And yeah, Wally does have some pretty dang good luck, doesn't he?

Yeah I remember you saying you don't like Mia. I think she couldve been given more character development, but other than that, I have no reason to dislike her.

I wonder how Wally even gets far with that ralts though...it starts out knowing just growl and he has no other pokemon.

Yeah, that's odd too. But he apparently does something, because he'll be using a Mega Gallade in ORAS. I'm looking forward to that showdown too, as I'll also be using Mega Gallade in the game! We'll see who trains the best Gallade, Wally. We'll see...