Fire Emblem theories, rumors, timeline, and conspiracies.

Where are they? How do the outrealms work? Where can you travel using it? Where are they now? What other worlds in Fire Emblem have been affected by the outrealms? Where did they go? If you could order each game into one timeline where would they be? Why did they come? People can travel to the different worlds from each game as shown in Awakening with the outrealms and Priam. Although they are different worlds, communication between them isn't cut off. From certain sources I've heard that the Dragons Gate may also be another outrealm portal, Ike most likely came across one too.

With the addition of Einherjar cards of most major characters in the entire series, we can say Awakening takes place at the very end of the Fire Emblem timeline.

What is the connection between the Laguz, Manakete, and Taguel?

Sorry for stating the obvious. I bet you guys would know more about the series than me anyways, I'll just leave it to the professionals. I have no idea if this thread is even relevant.

Where are they? Where did they go? Why did they come? Where are they now?

All timelines shall be made in this format.

Binding Blade>Awakening>Rekka no Ken>Thracia 776

Share your ideas.

Edited by Rabbattack

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think multiple timelines/realities exist because of the Outrealm Gate, making all possible pairings in every game canon. Perhaps even some pairings that aren't actually attainable in-game as long as they'd make enough sense.

I also think that Ike may not be the only one from his bloodline that visited Ylisse. He could have settled there and then Priam eventually existed from that, but it's also possible that he left to continue exploring or go home to wherever he did settle, and one of his children or grandchildren or whatever decided to follow suite.

The Outrealms to me is like a message from IS saying every single FE game exists as its own canon and timeline. Even the ones that are chronologically linked.

I guess it's like what Anacybele is suggesting.

Personally I'm starting to wonder if every game takes place in individual worlds with a handful of continents, rather than one world with all the continents.

The Laguz, Manakete and Taguel are easier to theorise. People were already speculating that the Laguz became the Taguel given all the background info in Awakening, like the Lion, Wolf, Hawk Taguel mentioned in dialogue.

Then the Awakening game code outright has the Taguel labelled as Laguz, so it's almost unarguable at this point.

It's likely at one point in time, the Dragon Laguz evolved into the Manakete, while the Beast and Bird Laguz became the Taguel. Or maybe they didn't evolve and "Manakete" and "Taguel" are just new names, like how the Zunanma were once one, before they adopted new names (Beorc and Laguz).

Due to the existence of outrealms, I've come to the conclusion that Captain Falcon is the assassin who attempted to kill Chrom in Chapter 6.

This is the best theory anyone has come up with, but the world demands more.

Why can't taguel eat potatoes? What's the connection betweem Wyverns and Manakete? How do levin swords and tomes work? What is the cause of Owain's strange behavoir, what type of mental condition does he have? How will Nah age compared to Nowi, how long does she have to live, and how is her dragon form different than Nowi's? How will the human genes affect Nah, Morgan, and Yarne?

From my little knowledge of Fire Emblem I can say...

Dark Dragon and Sword of Light>Gaiden>Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn>Awakening

FE6, FE7, and FE8 are probably the hardest to place. I'm sure experience users like you guys should be able to place FE4 and FE5 easily. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I am just an Awakening newb.

Edited by Rabbattack

The Jugdral games canonically happen before Akaneia. If one considers the Laguz and Manakete to be the same, it's likely Tellius happened first because there is a common ancestor for Beorc and Laguz. Elibe and Magvel are less clear-cut; my headcanon is that Nils is Forseti, which would put Elibe before Jugdral.

In Akaneia, Wyverns are Dragons who didn't use dragonstones and lost their intelligence. IIRC the relationship between the two on the other continents is left ambiguous.

The Jugdral games canonically happen before Akaneia. If one considers the Laguz and Manakete to be the same, it's likely Tellius happened first because there is a common ancestor for Beorc and Laguz. Elibe and Magvel are less clear-cut; my headcanon is that Nils is Forseti, which would put Elibe before Jugdral.

In Akaneia, Wyverns are Dragons who didn't use dragonstones and lost their intelligence. IIRC the relationship between the two on the other continents is left ambiguous.

Cool, what other mysteries can we unfold? How about why Anna's sisters look all the same, maybe it's another Outrealms conspiracy!

What if the ending winter from Elibe's lore hit not only Elibe, but every continuities as well, being the cause of the mysterious degeneration in Akaneia?

It would make a timeline like this

FE9>10 (since laguz still exists) => Ending Winter (laguz becomes manaketes and taguels) => FE4/FE5 (takes place sometimes between 300-600 years after the E.W) => FE7>FE6 (takes places roughly 1000 years after the E.W) => FE1>2>3 (takes place roughly 1600 years after the E.W) => FE13 (2000 years after FE3)

FE8 would be thrown somewhere in between the E.W (since there are manaketes) and FE13 (since the twins are legends by the time of awakening) but as no element to class it more precisely.

Edited by Sartek

Cool, what other mysteries can we unfold? How about why Anna's sisters look all the same, maybe it's another Outrealms conspiracy!

Maybe Anna is actually a Nurse Joy who stumbled through an Outrealms Gate on accident. Pokémon x Fire Emblem confirmed?

FE4Gen1>

What if the ending winter from Elibe's lore hit not only Elibe, but every continuities as well, being the cause of the mysterious degeneration in Akaneia?

It would make a timeline like this

FE9>10 (since laguz still exists) => Ending Winter (laguz becomes manaketes and taguels) => FE4/FE5 (takes place sometimes between 300-600 years after the E.W) => FE7>FE6 (takes places roughly 1000 years after the E.W) => FE1>2>3 (takes place roughly 1600 years after the E.W) => FE13 (2000 years after FE3)

FE8 would be thrown somewhere in between the E.W (since there are manaketes) and FE13 (since the twins are legends by the time of awakening) but as no element to class it more precisely.

I still have to wonder if Archanea was meant to be the world on the other side of the Dragon's Gate, making Elibe a thing to itself. Don't we have the claims in FE13 that human-dragon hybrids didn't exist before Nah? That makes no sense in context of all the hybrids in Elibe. Also IIRC there's pretty compelling evidence with the in-game timelines (re: the Miracle of Darna and the dates of Tiki's birth & Naga's 'death') that FE1/3 happened about 1000 years after FE4 wrapped up.

Magvel is also a mystery-- as you said, there are manaketes and the legend of a sword that sounds suspiciously like Marth's Falchion but nothing else, really. The five Stones that can't be the Orbs from Marth's world make it seem almost like a weirdo mirrorverse of Archanea/Valentia.

Perhaps they just didn't knew about hybrid. If Archanea was beyond the dragon's gate, Ninian and Nils would have existed prior to Nah since, if memory serves, dragons can stay there (the world behind the dragon's gate) in dragon form without ill effect, placing FE7 more than 3600 years before FE13 in that case, instead of ~2600y.

Moreover, Naga was against dragons medling with humankind, which could explain the even greater rarity (let's not forget that even in Elibe, hybrid aren't common)of hybrids in akaneia and Jugdrall, where her influence is the greatest.

Edited by Sartek

FE6, FE7, and FE8 are probably the hardest to place.

Well,FE8 takes place in year 803 and FE7 takes place in year 980 with FE6 taking place in 990 or 1000.FE5 most likely obviously comes before the War of the Stones,and FE4 comes a couple years before FE5.I don't know where it will fit with the others.*sigh*If only it had something like the Hyrule Historia to go off.

Plus,someone please tell me how Bantu is still alive in FE13?He must be around 6000 or so because of his old looks,since Tiki in Awakening is 3000+.Either he's some sort of super-manakete,or he isn't as old as he looks in Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Mystery of the Emblem.

Edited by Shinehollow

Plus,someone please tell me how Bantu is still alive in FE13?He must be around 6000 or so because of his old looks,since Tiki in Awakening is 3000+.Either he's some sort of super-manakete,or he isn't as old as he looks in Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Mystery of the Emblem.

Could be a different Bantu either.

The thing about this attempt at fitting all the games in the same timelines is that the legends of the games are not being accounted for. For example, putting Elibe's Ending Winter right when laguz still exist makes no sense because it ignores everything; it was mankind's first contact with dragonkind in Elibe, the Scouring took years or centuries, and not a beast laguz is in sight.

From what I can read about the taguel, they used to be a big civilization and humans were not dominant; this alone makes it impossible to place their past anywhere in a franchise-wide timeline because we can't pinpoint any single point the humans were not the dominant race in the franchise. It's hard to even place their past considering only Archanea and Ylisse because mankind was already dominant in Archanea but there were no taguel anywhere, while taguel already existed as slaves in the beginning of Ylisse. It doesn't quite work to have mankind lose power between Archanea and Ylisse for no reason and there's not enough time for that either.

I think it's already difficult to even fit Judgral in the same timeline as Archanea/Ylisse, which is actually sort-of-canon somehow, let alone Elibe, Magvel and Tellius. I'd rather believe in things like the Dragon's Gate connecting the continents or nothing at all.

Well,FE8 takes place in year 803 and FE7 takes place in year 980 with FE6 taking place in 990 or 1000.FE5 most likely obviously comes before the War of the Stones,and FE4 comes a couple years before FE5.I don't know where it will fit with the others.*sigh*If only it had something like the Hyrule Historia to go off.

Bantu never told Tiki his age, at least from the sources I've read. Bantu looked pretty old so I guess he's already dead. If he was still alive he'd probably be with Tiki, which he isn't, so he's dead. Crap, I forgot about Nowi and her relations to Bantu, never mind.

But there are still more mysteries to be solved! Can we place each game in a timeline(Excluding legends or events that happen prior to game)? Is smash brothers canon? Did Ike, Marth, Roy, Robin, Chrom, and Lucina really travel outside their world to fight with Nintendo's greatest characters? Do manaketes who go through the dragons gate end up in Archanea? How does does Morgan exist if the Avatar marries a child character? If Morgan is from the same future Lucina came from and the Avatar marrries Lucina, how do the other child characters know about Morgan, especially if the future was been saved?

Perhaps they just didn't knew about hybrid. If Archanea was beyond the dragon's gate, Ninian and Nils would have existed prior to Nah since, if memory serves, dragons can stay there (the world behind the dragon's gate) in dragon form without ill effect, placing FE7 more than 3600 years before FE13 in that case, instead of ~2600y.

Moreover, Naga was against dragons medling with humankind, which could explain the even greater rarity (let's not forget that even in Elibe, hybrid aren't common)of hybrids in akaneia and Jugdrall, where her influence is the greatest.

The Dragons Gate could also lead to Magvel since dragons there don't seem to age or take ill effects either, but this would end up with FE6, FE7, and FE8 not being to be able placed in timeline. Not sure becuase I'm just an Awakening newb, fill me in about what the ill effects are in FE6 and FE7 and the origin of manaketes in Magvel.

So this is what I'm getting from your post.

Blazing Sword>Binding Blade>Genealogy of the Holy War>Thracia 776>Dark Dragon and Sword of Light=Shadow Dragon>Gaiden>Mystery of the Emblem=New Mystery of the Emblem>Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn>Awakening

EDIT: FE6 and FE7 moved to the beginning.

I did not know this before.

"In terms of eras, the era of Genealogy of the Holy War occurs long before the continent of Archanea. Jugdral was an advanced country, whereas Archanea barely held any level of civilisation. At this time, the dragon tribes of Archanea were deciding on how to handle the human race."

Most dragons were probably coming through the portal before the events of FE6 and FE7. So the Jugdral games probably took place before the events of Roy and Eliwood. I'm not taking the legends into account when placing them, legends are just evidence and proof of my claim.

Sacred Stones is a wild card. I bet no one will ever be able to place it correctly. The origins of manaketes in Magvel is shrouded in mystery, so no one knows if they go to Arcanea or Magvel, most likely the former. Magvel is screwing with the timeline.

Edited by Rabbattack

The origins of manaketes in Magvel is shrouded in mystery, so no one knows if they go to Arcanea or Magvel, most likely the former.

Should I add the Great Dragon into the confusion?They could've flown to find better lands,or traveled through Outrealm gates.Maybe their original home became uninhabitable,so they had to leave.

FE8 could fit in behind The Blazing Sword,because of the years,but if each game takes place within different WORLDS (with some exceptions) then we may be back to square one.There is nothing linking Magvel to other countries like the Dragon Gate connecting Elibe to Archena.Ether that,or Magvel is VERY secluded.

Edited by Shinehollow

Should I add the Great Dragon into the confusion?They could've flown to find better lands,or traveled through Outrealm gates.Maybe their original home became uninhabitable,so they had to leave.

FE8 could fit in behind The Blazing Sword,because of the years,but if each game takes place within different WORLDS (with some exceptions) then we may be back to square one.There is nothing linking Magvel to other countries like the Dragon Gate connecting Elibe to Archena.Ether that,or Magvel is VERY secluded.

I like to think that the dates and years are different for each continent because they are so far apart and have little contact with each other.

Not even the great Shinehollow could solve the case of the Magvelian Manakete.

Well,here's what the timeline of Archanea,Valentia and Jugdral could be:http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Archanea,_Valentia_and_Jugdral

I would agree that they take place in the same universe.With that said,it's a wonder if it is impossible to make a timeline of all FE games because of the possibility of them occurring in different universes then other places.It may only be possible to do a timeline within each universe within itself.If they aren't in different universes,then we could try to fit the other games into the Acrhanea,Valentia and Jugdral timeline.*sigh*The more reaseaching,the harder it is.

The dates can't necessarily be reconciled. The Jugdral calendar and Archanea calendar are not based off the same starting point and there's no reason to think Elibe and Magvel are dating their calendars off the same scale.

Bantu's still alive 'cause it's funny for him to be alive given he was already decrepit.

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/Timeline_of_Archanea,_Valentia_and_Jugdral

According to the link given to me, the dragons were in control for more than a couple thousand years, around 3000 in both calendars. FE6 and FE7 take place 1000 years after the scouring, still after the appearance of manakete in Archanea and before the birth of the first proper nation in Jugdral. So Binding Blade and Blazing Sword do still take place before the Jugdral saga. Even after my edit and my going back to rethink I am still correct.

Blazing Sword>Binding Blade>Genealogy of the Holy War>Thracia 776>Dark Dragon and Sword of Light=Shadow Dragon>Gaiden>Mystery of the Emblem=New Mystery of the Emblem>Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn>Awakening

Since manaketes most likely originated in Elibe, we can safely place Sacred Stones anywhere after the events of the scouring, which is still a wild card guess. Someone with brains place the mysterious Magvel in it's correct place on my beautiful timeline.

Another rumor is that Laurent and Miriel have aspergers and Owain has tourette syndrome. Could these rumors be true?

Edited by Rabbattack

The Ending Winter did not affect the world beyond the Dragon's Gate, since Nils says they were surprised by being unable to maintain dragon form. Akaneia may have happened in the same world, on a different continent to Elibe, but their degeneration was slightly different (instead of being unable to maintain dragon form, they became mindless if they maintained dragon form).

I still have to wonder if Archanea was meant to be the world on the other side of the Dragon's Gate, making Elibe a thing to itself. Don't we have the claims in FE13 that human-dragon hybrids didn't exist before Nah? That makes no sense in context of all the hybrids in Elibe.

Nils says the world beyond the Dragon's Gate has humans, but they aren't dominant, which would fit with pre-degeneration Akaneia. Given so little is known about it, it's certainly easier to make that connection than try to reconcile the Elibe timeline with the Jugdral-Akaneia timeline.

Since manaketes most likely originated in Elibe, we can safely place Sacred Stones anywhere after the events of the scouring, which is still a wild card guess. Someone with brains place the mysterious Magvel in it's correct place on my beautiful timeline.

I feel the need to reiterate that it is impossible to put all games in the same timeline and make much sense out of it because their legends and creation myths are conflicting.

- The Judgral and Archanea/Valentia timelines feel a bit awkwardly stitched together at their creation myth - it offers no explanation as to why Naga allowed the Loptyr Empire to happen when she had already fought Earth Dragons and created a weapon for humans to defeat them, for example;

- Tellius and Elibe have pretty distinct creation myths (Ashunera and the Scouring, respectively) that disallow any other game to fit in because Tellius has the Laguz from the beginning and all other universes have little to no sign of them and Elibe has a war between mankind and dragonkind after their first contact and puts dragons in some weird outrealm;

- Magvel is impossible to analyse because we know nothing about its past before the Demon King, but nothing in any of the other universes could possibly explain the Demon King existing, either.

This would be more successful if it happened like the Legend of Zelda timeline where there are actually two different timelines (or was it three?) or something of the sort; however, since we only have five FE worlds so far it would be kind of pointless to do so, specially when Tellius and Elibe are so clearly their own thing. It would be a matter of slapping Magvel in some timeline, to be honest.

Bantu never told Tiki his age, at least from the sources I've read. Bantu looked pretty old so I guess he's already dead. If he was still alive he'd probably be with Tiki, which he isn't, so he's dead. Crap, I forgot about Nowi and her relations to Bantu, never mind.

It is entierly possible that the bantu that nowi mentions meeting is not the same one. Perhaps he came through an outrealm gate as well (from what i can tell, it is entierly possible to enter an outrealm gate in historical era a in world a and exit in historical era b in world b, even if the worlds are otherwise the same. (so time travel except that you can't change the past because it is technically a different world. I believe that this is what lucinia did.