Anime/Manga Similar to Fire Emblem

Lady Lyndis

Anyone know any anime a manga that resemble Fire Emblem? Whether it be wars, magic, creatures, dragons, pegasus, weapons, characters, status, circumstances, tactics, etc.

The only one that I know that bears a striking resemblance is an anime called:

Madan no Ou to Vanadis (The King of the Magic Bullet and Vanadis)

Info Links:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/24455/Madan_no_Ou_to_Vanadis

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=69978

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Marksman_and_Vanadis

I have also read and watched all the Fire Emblem manga and anime available on the internet.

If anyone, regardless if its only a tiny bit similar, I would love to know more.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Lady Lyndis

Off the top of my head, Kingdom and Ravages of Time share some elements; both are "war epics" with a heavy focus on strategy / tactics.
Ravages is basically Romance of the Three Kingdoms from an alternate perspective, so has like a million characters many of whom you won't care about (just like FE!) but lots of them are super cool.
Kingdom is probably more accessible and places more emphasis on individual warriors, but less cool overall (still good, but). It's hard to compare to the strategists in Ravages.

Neither of them really have people building an army from the ground up though, and don't have a whole lot of emphasis on individual fighters beyond the protagonist(s). So not really like FE in that regard.

I'd say Ubel Blatt, but I warn you that it is 18+. The plot is still great, though, so I highly recommend and encourage people to read it until Chapter 3, at least.

Akame ga Kill has the same "anyone can die" feel, but it's more about rebels x imperials. If anything, it is more similar to Yggdra Union... which is similar to Fire Emblem, so it's fine.

Edited by Rapier

The first arc of Berserk.

I think most manga fans have heard of this series at least once. Yeah, that series does have the fundemental values that Fire Emblem is all about. I've watched the anime. Read the manga. And caught up with everything. It just frustrating that the mangaka may not be able to complete the story.

Off the top of my head, Kingdom and Ravages of Time share some elements; both are "war epics" with a heavy focus on strategy / tactics.

Ravages is basically Romance of the Three Kingdoms from an alternate perspective, so has like a million characters many of whom you won't care about (just like FE!) but lots of them are super cool.

Kingdom is probably more accessible and places more emphasis on individual warriors, but less cool overall (still good, but). It's hard to compare to the strategists in Ravages.

Neither of them really have people building an army from the ground up though, and don't have a whole lot of emphasis on individual fighters beyond the protagonist(s). So not really like FE in that regard.

I've read Kingdom. In fact, I've caught up with the manga and anime.

As for Ravages of Time, I've heard of it, I just never went into it. I will when I get the motivation.

Thanks for the reccomendations. If you got more, please feel free to post them.

I'd say Ubel Blatt, but I warn you that it is 18+. The plot is still great, though, so I highly recommend and encourage people to read it until Chapter 3, at least.

Akame ga Kill has the same "anyone can die" feel, but it's more about rebels x imperials. If anything, it is more similar to Yggdra Union... which is similar to Fire Emblem, so it's fine.

I heard the hype of Akame ga Kill. And from that hype it seems to me that it's mainly focused on horror? I'll check it out ASAP because the hype is overwhelming.

As for Ubel Blat, I've heard of that one a long time ago. Just never took interest. But if it really resembles Fire Emblem is some aspects, then I'll try to give it a shot. I appeciate the reccomendations.

I know only a hentai..

and Akame ga kill (but it has some gore)

some other that just looks just a small abit alike would be No Game No Life , Upcoming Kantai Collection and Code Geass (thats all i think)

I have a game to recommend too but you only asked Manga/Anime so thats all.

Hentai is the best when it has plot. So if you know some hentai titles that resembles Fire Emblem, please don't be shy to list them.

As for No Game No Life, I tried reading the manga, but it didn't catch my interest at first. But when I watched the anime, HOLY GLORIOUS! I WAS HOOKED! To me, the anime is better than the manga.

And yeah, this series does resemble some aspects of Fire Emblem allot.

Kantai Collection...never heard of the series. I'll check it out.

And as for Code Geass, I've didn't read the manga. I've skimmed through the anime. I'll go back to watch the anime again when I get the interest. I mainly heard of the series because people kept saying the main character wanted world domination & justice, but became the enemy of his little sister due to some wierd strategy misconceptions...wierd. It's interesting just typing about it. I'll give it another go.

I would say Record of Lodoss war and in some ways Escaflowne and Record of a fallen vampire.

Both of these series look interesting. Thanks for the recommendations. Never heard of them, so I'll try them out in the future. Thanks for all the suggestions. If anyone has anything else that they seem resembling Fire Emblem, please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by Lady Lyndis

Thanks for the reccomendations. If you got more, please feel free to post them.

honestly if you want recs (of a particular sort or in general) you may wish to talk to one Wen Yang, who often appears in IP.Chat

I swear he's rec'd half my favorite manga and I don't think I've read a manga he hasn't

Check out Guin Saga. It's kind of like Japan's LotR in how influential it's been on the fantasy genre there, and I can definitely see how it might have influenced FE. The anime isn't terribly good though, and I don't know about the manga but it looks alright. The novels would probably be your best bet, but still give it all a try or two.

I know only a hentai..

and Akame ga kill (but it has some gore)

some other that just looks just a small abit alike would be No Game No Life , Upcoming Kantai Collection and Code Geass (thats all i think)

I have a game to recommend too but you only asked Manga/Anime so thats all.

Akame Ga Kill is what came to mind when I saw this topic.

People a part of a guild who have different skills/abilities out to kill the bad guys. Note a lot of the people from that guild end up dying.

• 3 weeks later...

If other games are allowed, dragon quest V's story feels simaler to FE4's (and to some extent awakening's) in some ways in that it has a heavy emphasis on family and generational continuity (and also lots of spoilery sad stuff happens). The DS remake is excellent, and adds a lot of content without any of it feeling tacked on.

I'd recommend you check out The Twelve Kingdoms, I'm not sure how closely it fits what you're looking for (though it has many similar elements to some Fire Emblems, I feel, I'd enumerate them but potential spoilers). Even if you disagree it should be an enjoyable watch/read regardless.

There is a manga/anime called World War Blue where there is a character named Fa representing Nintendo's FIre Emblem. The story is based off of the console wars between Sega and Nintendo and is represented by many franchises. The main hero is based off of Sonic and one of the main villain generals is based off of Mario.

Thing is, the story bordered on the side of hentai, so I didn't bother watching past the first half of the first episode.

Edited by Power Master

There is a manga/anime called World War Blue where there is a character named Fa representing Nintendo's FIre Emblem. The story is based off of the console wars between Sega and Nintendo and is represented by many franchises. The main hero is based off of Sonic and one of the main villain generals is based off of Mario.

Thing is, the story bordered on the side of hentai, so I didn't bother watching past the first half of the first episode.

It was pretty disappointing alright.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes if you like politics and war.

We call it "Seisen IN SPACE" in the FE4 Thread.

• 1 month later...

Other than Berserk and Record of Lodoss War which have been mentioned already, have you seen or read The Heroic Legend of Arslan? Have yet to jump into it, but from what I've seen, it seems rather Fire Emblem-y with swords and war and stuff.

There's also Wolfsmund. But it's mature with a capital 'M' (sex, graphic violence, etc.), if you're concerned about that.

And then there's a bunch of swords & scorcery stuff that's more steriotypically 'anime', like Scorceror Hunters, Rune Soldier (same universe as Lodoss I believe), Those Who Hunt Elves, etc. Claymore too (darker than the others though).