CYOU'RE - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assumed that kirsche was claiming miller from his post, since I don't think he would've said such a thing otherwise. And while I understand why you find this suspicious, Dormio, I feel it's a bit paranoid. I wouldn't pursue kirsche at this junction.

For some reason I keep reading Dormio as Dolmio and it's not my Dolmio day. It makes sense to claim miller fairly early on otherwise people are going to be a little skeptical later on. You need to consider why kirsche would benefit from his own actions, it's not like he'd shoot himself in the foot at start of D1.

##Vote: Mancer

The real Mancer would have more posts than the rest of the game combined by now! I smell a robot doppelgänger!

Seriously Mancer? How in the world did you get the impression that kirsche is a girl? In addition to what Boron said, Dormio's read seems kind of...well, forced. Not sure how to explain this adequately, since town can have forced reads too (especially in ED1), but it just doesn't read that way to me. *epic shrugging maneuver* For one thing, wouldn't it have been better to just ask kirsche if he was claiming miller or not rather than jumping to conclusions? If he write it off as a joke, then you'd have a case (or if someone else claimed miller in the interim). Also FWIW, I'm inclined to believe kirsche's claim because I was scum in the last Prims game and we did not get any fakeclaims whatsoever (only the ITP did).

##Unvote

##Vote: Dormio

It makes sense to claim miller fairly early on otherwise people are going to be a little skeptical later on.

The thing is, kirsche has not claimed miller.

He's stated miller is a great role, not that he's a miller.

Of course, it implies that he is a miller, but at the same time it gives him room to retract his statement if he so desires.

I don't like that.

To be fair, Dormio's point was that kirsche didn't clearly claim Miller, and he's already made some sort of consideration on that front; I don't think that's really a valid complaint. @Shin.

Man, I don't like this forum's posting system. I get cut all the time and I have no idea.

The irony of saying this when you cut someone else (read: me) off. : <

Do you have any alternative points of interest then, Sunwoo?

I don't, but nor am I interested in pursuing kirsche either. I do think that he should clarify whether he is a miller or not because now I'm paranoid that he might've not actually been claiming miller.

Refa, what makes your interpretation of Dormio's read being forced sound like "scum forcing a read" as opposed to "town forcing a read"? I can't see scum bringing attention to themselves the way he's done.

I already explained it in my last post? If he thought that kirsche was being deliberately vague, the logical progression would be to ask if kirsche was serious about his claim, not to jump on it and vote him right off the bat. Now what does he expect kirsche's response to be ( there's no way in hell kirsche will say he was joking now, regardless of alignment)? It's basically a DEAD END, something that looks like content but can't actually lead anywhere. Also IMO it's easier for scum to pick at early claims then actually taking a serious look at content, but I don't expect other people to agree with me on that one.

It sounded to me as if you were implying that you had other reasons other than that for getting "scum vibes" from Dormio rather than "town vibes", though.

Well, I'm back from my League game and I'm going to ##Unvote and ##Vote: Dormio.

I don't like how his case on kirsche and I agree that it sounds kind of forced.

I took kirsche's post as a joke one. Even if kirsche were to deny being a Miller later on, I don't think it will really affect anything. Like, whatever kirsche claims now (either that he is a Miller or not), he can't really change or alter his claim later on. The whole thing about sitting on the fence regarding the Miller claim reads as bullshit to me.

Apart from the bad case, I don't like how he's proceeding through the day. Asking Boron "Do you have any points of interest?" seems like a way to appear to be contributing when he's not really doing anything.

If I think that somebody is being deliberately vague, and that this is motivated by the want for flexibility in claiming options in the future, why wouldn't I vote them for it?

This post kind of tells me otherwise, Dormio.

entire line of questioning sucks because when people make vague claim statements like that, someone inevitably steps in and asks them to clarify (which Mancer did, only a few posts later), so no scum is ever going to go "LET'S MAKE A MASTER PLAN WHERE I SAY VAGUE STUFF AND HOPE NOBODY ASKS ME TO CLARIFY FOR AN ENTIRE DAY PHASE"

on the other hand; it's much more plausible that what you see as vague, kirsche didn't, which means this is a null action. Also #oldmeta the last time you tried to force RVS cases you were scum.

Also #oldmeta the last time you tried to force RVS cases you were scum.

If you're going to use my meta against me you could, at the very least, get it right.

The last time I tried to force a RVS case was in PaD Mafia where my case was on scum.

It's late, it's late. But not too late to shitpost in mafia

okay for real

Dormio's case is sketchy since there's no real protown reason to imply you're miller and then go "ha I wasn't one" plus if kirsche was scum and people believed he was Miller why would he go "actually I inspect as town," it just seems weird. Also what BBM said

At the same time Dormio's case seems a bit stupid but apparently we have meta shit and I'm not reading that link it's too early in the game for this

ALL ABOARD