Levi's Simple Sprites

Levin64

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't ever really change pose, he slides across the ground and then swings his arm wildly without putting any of his body into it. If you try doing any of that IRL it won't be a very effective attack. I think his approach should be more like Marth's dash attack from SSB, where he would drop down into a low sprint instead of just teleporting or whatever.

I think the base attacks work fine. The critical attacks feel kinda... Meh, at the moment though. Like he should have some more movement rather than the usual moves. Dodge and critical feel kinda sameish compared to the regular attacks. :\

Once again, the regular attacks look good. They are simple, look cool and just work... But the other ones need something more in my eyes. :0

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

• 6 months later...

A long time since I last posted here huh?

Got so much to say but yeah, just wanna sum it up...

Many things happened...

My pa died last January, got an accident 3 days ago...

And this... artblock for 1 year, maybe?

Yeah ^^

So nice to be back, fresh air of Serenes Forest~

Telliam_zpsh0lsddtr.png

My hands are kinda rusty now, so...

What'cha think? Hmm~?

It's already 2 years and I still don't know how to make custom sprites... Tips and tricks, perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

these are varying degrees of relevant, sorted by the order they occur in during the animation--

Idle frame: why is there a line of skin tone on the edge of the glove?

The blur frame for her arm being raised to the skies should have skin tone close to her shoulder instead of being solid purple. We can see part of her arm when she holds her hand up to her face/chest, but that skin tone becomes purple despite it remaining skin tone after the blur as well.

It also is significantly higher than her hand goes, further contributing to looking awkward.

The blur frame for her arm going to her other side looks awkward due to her immobility. It feels like she should be twisting for that motion, but her head just kind of slides a single pixel.

The frames where she has her arm crossed just look impossible-- like her elbow isn't actually extant, but instead her arm is serpentine in motion. Admittedly, this is probably because I'm seeing "there should be bodily motion" there--as opposed to this actually being a problem, just my biases coming to play.

The blur frame for when she moves her arm across her body, causing her scarf to move, seems woefully insufficient for the amount of motion she is performing-- it doesn't seem like, to me, it covers all the area that her arm should be moving over.

Definitely looks nice, though I think she could move her leg more and twist before her arm snaps outward.

but then again--i have little idea what i'm talking about when it comes to animacy of a motion set.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Love it! Concept is great, the color scheme looks good, and the execution is great.

A couple of suggestions: The "fur" could use some work on its shading. The individual tufts look good, but it doesn't quite look like the fur is underneath the shoulder pauldrons. Second, the design on his chest-piece looks like it is oriented at an angle that isn't quite consistent with the chest-piece. If it were reoriented just slightly, it would look more like its a part of the armor.

Edited by Kain

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long absence and thanks for the feedback!

To tell the truth, when I've accepted some of the feedback from you guys, I don't know how to start "fixing" it, so.... I'm sorry...

But I'll figure it out how to "fix" em someday~ yeah, someday! (when-)

Have another mug-

First%20Package_zpsaet7dxzj.png

Same question, how to start making customs?

Been on splicing for 3 years--

... just do it? I'm willing to bet you already do a fair amount of custom work on your mugs, so the next step is to figure out how to make a whole kit from scratch. It definitely helps to have a reference so that you know where your concept is going, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking nice, the only thing I find wierd is that everyone is always so serious, but I guess it's okay.

why so serious me

I don't know, it's a habit I guess.

Cowok%20Iklan%20Sampo%20vs.%20Cowok%20Ra

Why did you cut my hair?!

• 6 months later...

... Damn it.
It's been a long time since Idontknowwhen

Mug dump mug dump
Still sticks to splices. I don't have any knacks on custom so-- sigh.

huh_zpsxbx9qvlm.png
huh2_zpsrbnutiir.png
huh1_zpsymbkjadj.png

And my project--
OMG

Edited by Levin Alaude
Images are not showing

• 3 months later...

It seems the photo-hosting website is the one to blame--
:(((

Any recommendation for photo-hosting websites?

I've been using Photobucket for a long time and looks like now it's going... bad?

Gah I have no restrain
Only different colors so what to expect

The original is the single one.
Too lazy to fix previous posts so I'll repost the latest.

BEING LESS PRODUCTIVE IS ANNOYING AF

color schemes.png

huh.pnghuh1.png.93095f0643237433808354af7c0e520e.png5986f175739da_hoodedmagicrider.png.17be667c9e6c6602731913b7c31b4350.png

Edited by Levin Alaude