Einherjar of a Spriter of Yore

Olechandserif

Hey everyone, I want to get back into doing more FE spriting/mug, its one of my favorite parts of the Fire Emblem community. That and FE6/7/8 mugshots are probably my favorite style.

First a selects from my older work around ~2011

bRxQ8Xv.gif

I was never a fan of Ephraim's Official mug. So I wanted to make it to more closely match his official art work.

VnuRCE3.gifSnake.gifu3IMT75.gif

I was on a big Metal Gear Solid kick around that time so I made quite a few mugs from that series.

prXHiMP.gif

That leads us to a new mug. Just something to reintroduce me to some of more interesting things that can happen with a mug, such as hands, trims, and head position.

I want to keep this topic regularly updated so more will be on its way.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw your mugs a couple days ago on tumblr~! So awesome that you're joining up on SF and want to make more.

I think the way you shade faces is really spectacular. They've got this, uh, almost realism that vanilla FE mugs lack. And them palettes~ And that hand! You are an inspiration

I saw your mugs a couple days ago on tumblr~! So awesome that you're joining up on SF and want to make more.

I think the way you shade faces is really spectacular. They've got this, uh, almost realism that vanilla FE mugs lack. And them palettes~ And that hand! You are an inspiration

Aw thanks! Yeah, I saw that you, Lenh, and AK recently followed my tumblr and thought "Hey. What are these people up to?"

Oh hey i think i remember you! I also followed you on the tumblas.

5X8Zz0O.gif

Lissa from Awakening.

Because screw hackboxes.

I'm know for certain I'm not the first to demake this nor will I be the last.

SWIGGITY SWOOTY LOOKIT DAT SPRITE BOOTY! That is really gr9, mate. Hoary shit.

...that won't be the only body part twitching for people seeing this mug! ...but seriously, epic. (O.o) Me gusta!

Proportions on both these latest mugs seem spot on, the shading seems understated somehow in comparison to the usual GBA mugs but there is nothing wrong with the shading job at all.

Inspirational stuff. I bow to your skills and look forward to more!

My god, all this talk of "Legend" and "The return" and I've never heard of you! Where have you been hiding?

Dude, Uther was the shit.

Like, I'm talking back in Fire Emblem Spritez days I believe. (I might be remembering wrong...)

Though I only know his works mostly through FEND.

--|

Good to see you're still spriting, though.

Always nice to see when the long-time heavy hitters still engaging the practice here an' there, I look forward to more.