• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I haven't updated since January? Wat

80aTHS9.gif

Working on mugshots for a game that I'm working on.

That and doing some edits(minor or otherwise) on some of the older FE:A mugs

O4fTUs2.gif

Mostly fixing faces, shrinking Inigo's head a bit. Re-positioning Kjelle's face

Edited by Sℯrif

a game you're working on, eh?

EH????

Maaaayyyybe.

0pLU6d7.gif

Another character for said project

The hair was based of one of Sully's Concept Art, it be less obvious if she didn't have the same hair color.

Edited by Sℯrif

Maaaayyyybe.

0pLU6d7.gif

Another character for said project

The hair was based of one of Sully's Concept Art, it be less obvious if she didn't have the same hair color.

I like the size of this portrait. I can see it's about the same size as a typical FE portrait, but the actual body/head is a bit smaller, kinda like an Advance Wars pose, and it works really well. A game with sprites in this style would be awesome!

Thats pretty cool, the only thing that bugs me about it is the hair at the front of the head where it splits off, to me it looks really abrupt for it to match the rest of the rounding of their head. But man, the use of all those colours is amazing, using the darkest skin tone to define those furs, and shade the under armour clothing. Its a really efficient use of your limited amount of colours.

Edited by Kai Shiden

I like what I've seen here so far, good job :>

Btw, I was wondering if you'd give me your permission to use that Ephraim mugshot you have on the first page. It's for the crossover hack (your version is better than mine xD) Of course, I'll make sure to give you the credits for it.... if you accept, that it.

I kind of second Kai. It just looks like her hair disappears, like she shaved it after the poofy strand. Lol.

Superb job on the rest of it though. That blending makes me jelly.

Edit: oh and her ear could go down a pixel or two.

Edited by Alphα

I kind of second Kai. It just looks like her hair disappears, like she shaved it after the poofy strand. Lol.

Superb job on the rest of it though. That blending makes me jelly.

Edit: oh and her ear could go down a pixel or two.

This post is spot-on.

Love that fur. Your hair and associated materials are your best works.

Thanks everyone.

I did a bit of editing on the two and definitely took the advice on the little hair piece on the second.

I shortened the head of the first one by just a few pixels (bit of the chin bit of the forehead)

Lo5kFq4.gif

• 3 months later...

Oh hey everyone. Sorry I've been absent for so long. I just got finished with a 4 month long project that took all of my creative energy.

To get back in to the swing of things, I wanted to try and make a custom Awakening portrait...

But I realize I have not idea how the style works so I started off with a spice instead. And because I'm an insane narcissist, I decided to make myself but a bit more theif-y

TJLK56c.png

There's some custom bits, Chrom, Virion, Generic Solider, Generic Theif, Generic Assassin, Maskless Gerome, and a little bit of Tiki as well. I think it came out pretty nice.

Nice... Like the look going on... Especially fond of the head and the glasses!

One thing I find myself wondering though is where do his shoulders begin? If the bottom of the shoulders start near the stitched part of the sleeves it raises some questions about the length of his neck.

Maybe some angling issues with the body and neck going on as well.

...but hey! Awesome to see some Awakening portrait splices! Start of the next fad in the spriting forums? >.>

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

it might be just me but the outline looks a bit jagged on the right OPV face?

aside from that god damn, you are so talented blablabla.

i love what you do with your shoulders, its so unique :P

Glad you're back, Serif!

Think your splice came out pretty nice as well, very fashionable as always. ^^ (I'm not all too knowledgeable on Awakening portraits either, but looks good as a splice to me.)

Start of the next fad in the spriting forums? >.>

Hurry, to the bandwagon!

Huh, so splicing is beginning to develop. Wasn't there a FE9/10 splicer? Well, now there's a FE13 splicer.

Blaze the trail, dude.

Thanks guys. I am working toward swapping out the spliced body for a custom body. I do want to base the clothing off a generic class from Awakening.

Huh, so splicing is beginning to develop. Wasn't there a FE9/10 splicer?

I know Phoenix does a lot of great FE10 styled portraits splices/customs. Them and there was also LordEmblem/Windlord from yeeeeeears ago (like '06) who's bread and butter was FE9 splices and customs.

Start of the next fad in the spriting forums?

whooo knooows