Einherjar of a Spriter of Yore

Olechandserif

Full Custom body replacement WIP.

WrvLYWG.png

Before the color correction you can definitely see the strong Chrom-base of the hair.

Haven't really added anything past the torso but I based the clothing off the feel of the Lucina's design plus a bit of the Nohr Mercenaries design and what I imagine to be an odd half fencing jerkin for the leather armor on top to add the asymmetry I so crave.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see your progress on this! :D

Body angle looks better now... Just flows more naturally from the neck down to my eyes. I admire your willingness to try customing out this portrait. Getting the shading right seems like it will be an interesting learning curve/process. :0

...and consider that wagon banned, Lenh? Mebbe? >.>

Oh hey everyone. Sorry I've been absent for so long. I just got finished with a 4 month long project that took all of my creative energy.

To get back in to the swing of things, I wanted to try and make a custom Awakening portrait...

But I realize I have not idea how the style works so I started off with a spice instead. And because I'm an insane narcissist, I decided to make myself but a bit more theif-y

TJLK56c.png

There's some custom bits, Chrom, Virion, Generic Solider, Generic Theif, Generic Assassin, Maskless Gerome, and a little bit of Tiki as well. I think it came out pretty nice.

Dear Diary:

Today, I went on Serenes Forest and saw a sprite so lovely I turned gay.

-Love, Klok.

... Absolutely superb! ^o^

I don't know nee, the shading on the clothes looks very promising and was done neatly...

But I feel that the hand needs more shading.... on the brighter one, yeah.

I adore your sprites and youuuuu aaaaaaaaa

Dear Lord please spare me ._.

Edited by Leviathan64

TJLK56c.png

WrvLYWG.png

Oh hey. I finished a thing

7EC7Yz6.png

The body is full custom, still with a spliced face but i'm cool with it.

Nice. That turned out really well! Colors and shading seem pretty on par. Interesting comparing it to the previous splice... The Full custom looks excellent, and fascinatingly twice as good as the Splice. Looks like you got the style down pretty well so far. :)

My one complaint/thought would be that the right side of his jerkin just seems... really plain/kinda empty? I realize the idea was to get some asymmetry in the design but with the detail of the rest of the portrait/shading it just stands out as this blank area... Maybe some other element like a belt/sash/satchel/badge or something would fill the space/spice up the design a bit? Just a thought.

Otherwise it looks almost perfect to me. Especially like the hand posing rather than something generic like arms at the sides or missing the hands, major kudos to you Serif!(I probably will avoid hands myself if I attempt a splice XD )

Now try converting that to the Fates shading style... that shading is... interesting... ;P

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

• 3 months later...

Oh hey everyone. Sorry I've been absent for so long. I just got finished with a 4 month long project that took all of my creative energy.

To get back in to the swing of things, I wanted to try and make a custom Awakening portrait...

But I realize I have not idea how the style works so I started off with a spice instead. And because I'm an insane narcissist, I decided to make myself but a bit more theif-y

TJLK56c.png

There's some custom bits, Chrom, Virion, Generic Solider, Generic Theif, Generic Assassin, Maskless Gerome, and a little bit of Tiki as well. I think it came out pretty nice.

Can you do Shadow Dragon Tiki, Roy and Lyn portraits in this style (Awakening style)?

• 6 months later...

"Hey Fates was pretty good, maybe I should do some Fates stuff."

Two months later.

"Oh, I should probably finish that mug I was doing"

0kFmaQ3.png

I couldn't decide on what hair color to do, so I went Camilla!Soliel from my first run of Conquest.

"Hey Fates was pretty good, maybe I should do some Fates stuff."

Two months later.

"Oh, I should probably finish that mug I was doing"

0kFmaQ3.png

I couldn't decide on what hair color to do, so I went Camilla!Soliel from my first run of Conquest.

Fuuuucccckkk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Man, the world has changed... a lot since 2016.

How have you all been? I hope everyone is doing OK, where ever you are.

I've been busy the last few weeks getting back in to portraits, mostly a lot of Three Houses.

GFeFSxI.pngTYJsF2U.pngV07YED4.pngTJU9tjz.pngOoimS2m.png

I have a lot more coming down the pike, finishing up some DnD portraits and then more 3H in the Queue (and maybe looking into pixel art livestreaming, who can say.)

While I finish up some Three Houses Portraits, I'll post some of my portraits of DnD Characters/Party members in that GBA Style. First is Deirdre, a cleric searching for a cure for her sick husband and Bara, an apothecary begrudgingly willing to help.

HvYv2mT.png

tCBLmUZ.pngOufEDiy.png

On 7/13/2020 at 8:18 AM, Sℯrif said:

Man, the world has changed... a lot since 2016.

How have you all been? I hope everyone is doing OK, where ever you are.

I've been busy the last few weeks getting back in to portraits, mostly a lot of Three Houses.

GFeFSxI.pngTYJsF2U.pngV07YED4.pngTJU9tjz.pngOoimS2m.png

I have a lot more coming down the pike, finishing up some DnD portraits and then more 3H in the Queue (and maybe looking into pixel art livestreaming, who can say.)

Which game's art style are you using for the basis of these? They look pretty amazing and detailed. I love the color choices and blending of light and shadow areas. 

16 hours ago, Quillmonger said:

Which game's art style are you using for the basis of these? They look pretty amazing and detailed. I love the color choices and blending of light and shadow areas. 

Thank you so much! I go off of FE6/7 for my portraits. I've always loved the lighter purple outline, it lowers the contrast and makes thing look a bit more homogeneous. FE8's style is great but i've never been a huge fan of the heavier contrast

• 2 weeks later...