For Glory observations

Florete

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm guessing most of you in this thread are talking about your 1-on-1 For Glory experiences rather than your Free-For-All For Glory experiences?

Maybe I should try out For Glory more often, since I kind of dominate For Fun a bit too much (getting 2-4 more points more than anyone else in 4-player For Fun 75% of the time). I really want to keep my 100% For Glory win rate on my 3DS, though.

So I'm guessing most of you in this thread are talking about your 1-on-1 For Glory experiences rather than your Free-For-All For Glory experiences?

Maybe I should try out For Glory more often, since I kind of dominate For Fun a bit too much (getting 2-4 more points more than anyone else in 4-player For Fun 75% of the time). I really want to keep my 100% For Glory win rate on my 3DS, though.

Nah, i play mostly Free-For-Alls or Teams.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap do I face a lot of Captain Falcon's in For Glory lately. Not exaggerating here - I'll play 15+ matches in a night and about half of them will be against Falcon's.

A lot of people don't know how to deal with Samus' projectiles, even some pretty decent players. Maybe they don't face her much.

Edited by Locust

My win percent was around 80% but that doesn't mean much since I always got put against the worst players. People who would SD at the start of the match for no reason. I had only played a few good players in over 150 matches but a couple of nights ago I ran into a bunch of good players. My win percent has dropped to 68%.

I faced a good Diddy player for the first time. They beat my Link somewhat easily so I switched to Samus and somehow managed to win (I'm usually switching from Samus to Link against good players). I might upload those matches to YouTube.

Edited by Locust

I don't care about win % since I end up SDing on purpose when I can tell its a noob. Like when its a NEss spamming PK Thunder 2 or a Little Mac Haymakering everywhere. Its funny that they taunt after the SDs too, maybe they actually play bad on purpose to secure SD wins from better players?

Link is not a terrible match-up against Diddy actually, post the vids I want to see what you did. You need to zone Diddy hard to beat him, any Diddy. Bomb beats monkey flip.

I don't care about win % since I end up SDing on purpose when I can tell its a noob. Like when its a NEss spamming PK Thunder 2 or a Little Mac Haymakering everywhere. Its funny that they taunt after the SDs too, maybe they actually play bad on purpose to secure SD wins from better players?

Link is not a terrible match-up against Diddy actually, post the vids I want to see what you did. You need to zone Diddy hard to beat him, any Diddy. Bomb beats monkey flip.

I've played against a lot of people who run off or triple jump off then start fighting seriously right after. They know how to roll and air dodge and all that stuff, but they're usually below average players. I can't understand why they do that.

I could post the videos if I get around to uploading them. This Diddy player was simply better than me (I always try to get better at Smash Bros. but at the same time I just play with friends for fun). Kept using down throw then up air and forward air. I think I might have started doing better when I used bombs more.

I've played against a lot of people who run off or triple jump off then start fighting seriously right after. They know how to roll and air dodge and all that stuff, but they're usually below average players. I can't understand why they do that.

I could post the videos if I get around to uploading them. This Diddy player was simply better than me (I always try to get better at Smash Bros. but at the same time I just play with friends for fun). Kept using down throw then up air and forward air. I think I might have started doing better when I used bombs more.

Jabs beat grabs, and its no secret that Diddys will tend to go for grabs a lot of the time. If you know how to jab smash (jab to down smash is best IMO) or jab grab, you will really scare him from getting too close. And when he's far, you nail him projectiles, particularly bombs.

Your name is "Craptain Fabulous".

You know that is no way to punish counter spammers.

You must punish them in the Trinity of Manliness:

1. (Safest) Up B YESZ from Falcon

2. (Semi-Safe Knockback if you screw up) Knee of Justice

3. (You die if you screw up the timing) Falcon Punch

Grabbing into follow ups is the safest option with up airs (if you predict the mid air counter then the Up B), but yeah those are the best flashy options

I just found some great FG matchup guides
[spoiler=links are to images]http://i.imgur.com/ArgIlX7.png

http://i.imgur.com/3vCWitw.jpg

also

Grabbing into follow ups is the safest option with up airs (if you predict the mid air counter then the Up B), but yeah those are the best flashy options

too bad it's not melee falcon :(:

Captain Falcon is the Wii U's Little Mac and the remaining Little Mac players are the ones who at least somewhat know what they're doing.

Thoughts?

Disagree with the second part of the first sentence, but I agree strongly with the first.

Adding to that:

Ganondorf is the new Falcon.

Kinda overused but on the whole people know what they're doing.

And definitely care more about style than their win record.

Thoughts?

oh right there definitely are those

whoops

...are there ANY ~styling~ (or w/e) characters that aren't suffering from wannabes trying to be cool?

People who main Bowser tend to do so because hes kinda crutch. I have yet to see a legit good Bowser. There was a small time window where i did the same thing, used Bowser to flatten in free-for-alls as a crutch. So i totally know why people keep picking him.

Projectile spammers are getting really on my nerve. It's starting to make me hate characters like bowser jr, link, Zelda, ness, etc. They ruin the competitive game. They have no strategy and the only thing they do is spam, roll, lock in a shit combo because you rolled away from their projectiles. Is there any strategy for characters to stop this annoying thing i see atleast 5 times a day?