For Glory observations

Florete

Fellow Ike player here. Ike's are pretty rare, and I've only faced one good one. But yeah, good Ike's definitely don't spam his specials, since they're all very exploitable. Good Ike's I've watched online typically rely on nair/fair/dtilt/dthrow->Aether. I use nair->dtilt a LOT.

I do that too, but I catch people off guard a lot with eruption at the edge. If opponents try to recovery below I try to counter and if they look like they recover above I try to nail them with eruption. Eruption is also perfect if you time it right on the edge.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If opponents try to recovery below I try to counter

The problem is with that, is if they have an "attack that triggers it" while at the same time snapping to the edge.

Like either kind of dolphin slash, triggers it, but also gets them to the edge immediately to get you while you're in counter recovery.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yoshi players are to be feared. If you face one, prepare to fight your hardest or lose horribly. Expect aerial combos you didn't think possible followed by forward aerial dunking and get extremely frustrated by all of Yoshi's super armor. On the other hand, if you face the very rare bad Yoshi player, just look for the down b spam and punish.

So...this is the reason Big Gay Pink Yoshi gets ganged up on. *frowns* Ill be all "Big Gay Pink Yoshi up in this busine---Wait! WHY ARE YOU ALL ATTACKING ME AT ONCE AAAAAAAA" I open with Egg Roll and follow up with bair.

Heres a few of mine:

Koopaling Players in FG Free-For-Alls are hilariously common and usually relatively competent. They make use of dairs and forward smash attacks at key moments. They are usually easily countered by well-placed aerial attacks.

Ness players are one of two extremes: Hilariously competent and varied, or Ness Missile/PK Fire Spammers. I encounter the latter more than the former.

Zelda players are rare but always try to get you with Farore's Wind.

Bowser players usually suck. They spam smash attacks on the ground and will use down b and down air when you launch them up. Some will learn from the punishes, some won't.

I havent encountered too many bad Bowser players to be honest.

Lucina players are usually absolute shit because all they do is counter.

Im one of the only Shulk players ive ever encountered in FG. People either dont know who he is so they dont use him, or they just cant figure out how he works.

Little Mac players are everywhere. And yeah, they are mostly shit. Suiciding off of things, relying too much on the insta KO thing, and easy as all hell to gimp.

I encountered an Actually Really Good Rosalina in teams the other day. Bruh was juggling my arse all over the place and it was nuts. Whoever that was was gr9. I dont get juggled easily. At least not to that extent.

Palutena players are Autoreticle spammers. Almost always. No one knows how to use her up smash properly.

I've only seen three other Samus players in 4gloree since I got the game.

I've noticed that I'm far better with samus when I keep my DashA game to a minimum, and I've been pretty good at setting up combos with DownB bombs that I rarely see others take advantage of.

Also I've seen zero KingDDD on 4Gloree. Lots of Marths and Mario's and Links and Captains and Macs and Greninjas, but seldom anything else

As a Charizard player meself, I can attest to the Flare Blitz spam lol. It's really better to reserve it for recovery and punishing at high percentages, but it's just soooo satisfying to land it *3* If you can shield against a Zard's Flare Blitz spam though they're usually pretty easy to punish. Smart Charizards (which are admittedly a rarity) will be judicious about Flare Blitz, still use Rock Smash a lot, and make effective use of neutral B and Nair's giant hitbox.

Dunking with Charizard is also extremely satisfying.

Robin players will start every match by charging Thunder, then proceed to use Arcfire while looking for a good time to launch whatever they charged up. They don't pick up their tomes, probably because they never notice when a spell runs out, making for some easy punishes. Female Robin players are more likely to be good.

I can confirm the Thunder charge at the 1st second part, and slightly agree with the Arcfire spam. I always try to pick up my tomes and swords because they're Robin's most deadliest and unpredictable projectiles; I can pretty much kill a guy around 100% with a book. Almost everyone chooses Female Robin for the waifu, and I think I'm like one of the only few people who always plays Male Robin.

Edited by カプリ

I try not to play For Glory too much cause I either face someone really bad, or someone bad. Seriously, most players are not good on For Glory. I don't think any Mario I know Fairs. Even to edgeguard, nair or bair is much better. Every once in a while, you play someone good, but you gotta be lucky. Hope time and the Wii U version makes For Glory a little more competitive.

Every once in a while, you play someone good, but you gotta be lucky. Hope time and the Wii U version makes For Glory a little more competitive.

And every once in a while, you find someone manly. That if it wasn't anon, you'd be totally friends with.

I found someone like that with a Captain Falcon mirror.

I have a replay, and I'll be sure to post it later.

Every once in a while, you play someone good, but you gotta be lucky. Hope time and the Wii U version makes For Glory a little more competitive.

One thing that is nice about the Wii U is that you can add last played players as friends in online play even randoms. So you can send friend requests to those people you enjoyed playing with. Although I've only tested this on Mario Kart 8 but it should work the same with smash bros as you can just go to your friends list and look at recently played with.

Edited by kingddd

And every once in a while, you find someone manly. That if it wasn't anon, you'd be totally friends with.

I've had that happen to me before. Me (Robin) vs a Shulk. I still have some replays with that guy, and I knew he was a fun and challenging opponent due to our exchanging taunts ^^. Exchanging taunts is kinda like a sign both of you are having fun.

I main Ike and sometimes Robin trying to learn Lucina as well. Yeah Ike players are pretty rare one thing i notice is that it seems like very few use his grabs and pummels which is a shame because his down grab and back grab give some good opportunities and his pummel gets about 3% per hit which is decent. Something else I notice is that dodging then using his jab combo seems to always catch people off guard since they don't expect a quick move and the last hit has decent knockback. I almost never use his forward smash while it is awesome its easy to read and dodge and get punished badly his up smash is far better since it has a huge hitbox and covers all sides. Something else i noticed is when falling if you use counter you will almost always land a hit with someone trying to juggle you and eruption sometimes can get a good hit in this way if timed right but its really risky. And yeah the thing about projectiles is absolutely true I got beat bad by a Duck Hunt player of all people.

And yeah the thing about projectiles is absolutely true I got beat bad by a Duck Hunt player of all people.

I beat a Duck Hunter player with Ike. He mostly just stuck to dodge-rolling and projectile spamming. Eventually I just started knocking that exploding can back into his face.

I beat a Duck Hunter player with Ike. He mostly just stuck to dodge-rolling and projectile spamming. Eventually I just started knocking that exploding can back into his face.

That beautiful disrespect. Shame some DHD players are like that; I, for one, like to get up close when using the mutt

I beat a Duck Hunt Dog who spammed as much as possible with an unnecessary spike. I was proud of myself

In all seriousness I have noticed I am slowly facing less people who are bad at the game. Nice that people are improving, but I could be entirely wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

as a zelda main I will say that I generally focus on smash attacks and a lightning kick if my opponent won't go down but I will say that I do try to use farores wind to mess up people who don't know what they are doing so that much is true

of course I can also say that ike is great for unlikely combos they never see them comming

I have encountered plenty of zerosuit samus players they constantly spam her down special. like 20% of the time they are crouching and trying to position themselves properly

There are no Dedede mains.

Dedede's become my secondary, only following my Samus if DDD had better falling skills like Samus then I'd probably be liking him more

I have no idea why I ended up pulling DDD this far when I absolutely despised him in Brawl.

Also @flash ZSS's Downspecial is like her only killing move other than her really finicky Fsmash, so it's expected~!

in FG though I play DDD a lot, just because I like beating people as DDD (especially when people complain about Samus being all spam spam spamus). DownA swagrolls like it's nobody's business gurllll

Edited by Sara.

There are no Dedede mains.

I've seen a few Dedede mains in For Glory before and all they do it throw Gordos. The only challenge I have facing them is trying to not get hit and combo'ed by those Gordos.

Dedede's become my secondary, only following my Samus if DDD had better falling skills like Samus then I'd probably be liking him more

I have no idea why I ended up pulling DDD this far when I absolutely despised him in Brawl.

Also @flash ZSS's Downspecial is like her only killing move other than her really finicky Fsmash, so it's expected~!

in FG though I play DDD a lot, just because I like beating people as DDD (especially when people complain about Samus being all spam spam spamus). DownA swagrolls like it's nobody's business gurllll

You are a unicorn amongst a herd of goats. I also now secondary the Dedede. He is one helluva boon in Teams, lemme tell ya. forward tilt, koopa shell sound, things die. The aerial hammer...ph34r.

I've seen a few Dedede mains in For Glory before and all they do it throw Gordos. The only challenge I have facing them is trying to not get hit and combo'ed by those Gordos.

One must learn the Way of the Gordo. There is a science to it. One cannot simply huck Gordo at things, for Gordo is a double edged sword. Gordo can be countered by any attack or projectile, right back at Dedede. One must know how to counter the Gordo counter. Spammers can be easily punished. The Way of the Gordo goes both ways.

One must learn the Way of the Gordo. There is a science to it. One cannot simply huck Gordo at things, for Gordo is a double edged sword. Gordo can be countered by any attack or projectile, right back at Dedede. One must know how to counter the Gordo counter. Spammers can be easily punished. The Way of the Gordo goes both ways.

Hitting it back is also what I meant by not getting hit.

And I don't think every attack in the game reflects the Gordo. I don't even know what attacks Kirby, Ganon, and Shulk have that reflects Gordos.