For Glory observations

Florete

Well, while I've found that people are generally better on the Wii-U version than they were on the 3ds version, I find that certain characters still tend to fall into the same patterns. Duck Hunt's probably the most irritating character, simply because of his B, Side-B, and I guess his Down-B, and most of them constantly run away, so fighting them becomes a flow chart of sorts. Get past their projectiles>Get a combo or two or KO/they attempt to flee/respawn. Rinse and repeat.

Doge is a projectile spamming pain in your hindquarters. His whole MO is wittling down the opponent with chip and confusion. The Down-B is designed especially for the confusion part. (Good ol' Wild Gunman) That move requires prediction on part of the Doge player (since it is actually exceedingly difficult to land a successful blow with it) and throw the opponent off after the pixelized dude says "DRAW". Clay Pigeon (Side-B) is one of those moves that catches all that gets in its range. Trick Shot has a lot of uses and i have yet to come across Doge players who know how to exploit its uses. (i myself, have not mastered it) The other thing is that Doge hasnt much in the way of KOing power. So they must use this Picador-esque technique in order to build up damage and finally use a Smash attack to KO. (or kick a can at guys trying to recover on the stage) Many tend to fall into the same patterns of using the character for that reason.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've fought good Kirbys, but it's true that most of them are up/down b spammers.

To be fair, that's kind of how Duck Hunt is supposed to be played. Being a troll character is actually quite fitting when you think about it.

Are you gonna accept my friend request on the Wii U? We can have some games sometime if we're both online some time.

I fought a Sonic player and he mostly spammed his B,Down B,up air and down air.Easy to take stop the Spin Attacks with Elthunder/Arcthunder,and I made him SD twice when he was using his down air.I've also found a way to stop Little Mac's B with Dedede.

Speaking about Sonic, half of the Sonics I faced suicided with D-air after intensive Spin Dashing/Charging. They really want that spike.

I've been encountering nothing but Links on FG nowadays. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Same, except I'm in California. I get the feeling that people are now realizing Little Mac's flaws and that Link is basically the new Little Mac.

Edited by Kiseki

How were they?

Well John, looks like we need to put these For Glory Link scrubs in their place. I end up two stocking For Glory Links most of the time in dittos and they change the character to someone else in shame. Feels good. :)

Edited by Knife

Are you gonna accept my friend request on the Wii U? We can have some games sometime if we're both online some time.

...You sent me a friend request? How?

Though, for the record, if it was my Wii U account you sent to, that's worthless as far as playing Smash is concerned, because all my Smash data is under my brother's account.

...You sent me a friend request? How?

Though, for the record, if it was my Wii U account you sent to, that's worthless as far as playing Smash is concerned, because all my Smash data is under my brother's account.

I sent a FR to "Redfoxoffire" - guessed it was you lol. If you're using Matt's NNID to smash online then you could give me his instead. CoolGuyVaters?

As a DH main, DH players are pretty rare.

DH is actually a pretty strong guy up close, and he actually has decent KO power, especially with his aerials. His attacks can actually surprise enemies when he does it on the can.

Yes, he's mostly a zoner with all of his projectiles, and his attacks have pretty long reach (aerials). DH players who constantly use his Bs and runs away just overlook his powerful A attacks or at least underestimates them.

How were they?

about 50/50. Half of them couldn't deal with my falco's reflector. The other half were 2 stocking me although I did get them to like 150% or more. Although honestly it's hard for me judge since majority of them were laggy players and I was never good with dealing with projectile links.

Edited by kingddd

The scrub Links just spam projectiles, backroll, and have no idea how to put their arsenal to good use.

Do they know how to not roll and just run at least?

Well John, looks like we need to put these For Glory Link scrubs in their place. I end up two stocking For Glory Links most of the time in dittos and they change the character to someone else in shame. Feels good. :)

First I have to find some, because I can never find Links in FG ><;

about 50/50. Half of them couldn't deal with my falco's reflector. The other half were 2 stocking me although I did get them to like 150% or more. Although honestly it's hard for me judge since majority of them were laggy players and I was never good with dealing with projectile links.

Ahh i see. A decent Link would know how to use the reflector to their advantage, and bait it out so that openings are created at least. Did you see that at all?

Ahh i see. A decent Link would know how to use the reflector to their advantage, and bait it out so that openings are created at least. Did you see that at all?

Sort of but most of it was me reading them at the wrong time causing me to screw up and get punished. The thing is, if I approach them from above it's guarantee they're going to do their up smash or up tilts. If I'm at their side it's all projectiles and nothing else. It's really difficult to deal with since it's a flat stage and my brawling playstyle just doesn't work well so my matchups are pretty much screwed. Even communities in 4chan, gamefaqs are noticing a huge trend of projectile Links now and the numbers are growing.

Sort of but most of it was me reading them at the wrong time causing me to screw up and get punished. The thing is, if I approach them from above it's guarantee they're going to do their up smash or up tilts. If I'm at their side it's all projectiles and nothing else. It's really difficult to deal with since it's a flat stage and my brawling playstyle just doesn't work well so my matchups are pretty much screwed. Even communities in 4chan, gamefaqs are noticing a huge trend of projectile Links now and the numbers are growing.

Do you do fake outs with empty jumps to bait their own attacks, such as their up attacks?

YES I AGREE. THERE ARE MORE LINKS NOW AND SCREW THEM, BECAUSE THEY'RE AS ANNOYING AS ****.

...And then I switch to Toon Link and wreck their faces, because my own projectiles cancel out their projectiles, and without their projectiles, they can't do anything, lol.

Do you do fake outs with empty jumps to bait their own attacks, such as their up attacks?

Whenever I do, the projectiles will usually get setup like the gale boomerang to prevent me from doing so and then I get screwed over by it really easily. As much as I want to train to deal with this, it's really not that fun being bombarded so much at this point. Not to mention the amount of lag really ruins my abilities to manuever around, fake outs and just overall mobility.

YES I AGREE. THERE ARE MORE LINKS NOW AND SCREW THEM, BECAUSE THEY'RE AS ANNOYING AS ****.

...And then I switch to Toon Link and wreck their faces, because my own projectiles cancel out their projectiles, and without their projectiles, they can't do anything, lol.

I don't remember having that happen with us. :P

Whenever I do, the projectiles will usually get setup like the gale boomerang to prevent me from doing so and then I get screwed over by it really easily. As much as I want to train to deal with this, it's really not that fun being bombarded so much at this point. Not to mention the amount of lag really ruins my abilities to maneuver around, fake outs and just overall mobility.

Hmm... I can't really feel the same way, because I love fighting against Links, and being able to just blow past all of their projectiles and get a satisfying smash attack on them, especially as Ganon. haha

It just takes a lot of patience for them to create openings.

I don't remember having that happen with us. :P

THAT'S 'CAUSE YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME. :P

No seriously, they way you utilized projectiles was way more effective than what they do online.

And you didn't roll spam as much.

It's, like, getting wrecked by you was one thing, because I know that you knew exactly what you were doing (mixing up things, etc). But getting wrecked by those who ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL SHOOT ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL is like super annoying.

But eh, I'm not even that good at SSB, so who am I to talk. ~o3o~

Hmm... I can't really feel the same way, because I love fighting against Links, and being able to just blow past all of their projectiles and get a satisfying smash attack on them, especially as Ganon. haha

It just takes a lot of patience for them to create openings.

The thing is, the situation is getting even worse nowadays and I probably am gonna stick with friend mode only for online at this point if it keeps coming up. The annoyance is there and a lot of people are getting sick of it.

THAT'S 'CAUSE YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME. :P

No seriously, they way you utilized projectiles was way more effective than what they do online.

And you didn't roll spam as much.

It's, like, getting wrecked by you was one thing, because I know that you knew exactly what you were doing (mixing up things, etc). But getting wrecked by those who ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL SHOOT ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL is like super annoying.

But eh, I'm not even that good at SSB, so who am I to talk. ~o3o~

Roll spamming is easy to punish, especially if they have a habit of rolling into you, which is countered easily with a reverse side-smash or up-smash, depending on your character.

Also, offensive projectile play is awesome. Bomb combos for lyfe

The thing is, the situation is getting even worse nowadays and I probably am gonna stick with friend mode only for online at this point if it keeps coming up. The annoyance is there and a lot of people are getting sick of it.

I pretty much stick to With Friends because I can't stand two stocks, FD only anyway haha

Edited by N7 Commander John

8f0f28T.jpg

Is it wrong that I already miss seeing Little Mac on For Glory?

Yes. :P:

So i was playing online the other night and with a bunch of Japanese guys who stayed put for almost ten straight matches. The same group. Omg it was so much fun, no lag, just a bunch of competent Smashers playing Smash and having a great time. And then last night, i try to play online with peeps and i got a bunch of Western names. Hmmm, i thought. I hope its fun. Turned out, the lag was so bad, we were on the verge of pinging out of the match anyway. So i disconnected. I got the boot for about ten minutes for online play as a result, but it was sacrifice i was willing to make.

This is the reason and proof. The reason why Japanese players leave if they see more than one Western name enter a match. AND I DONT FUCKING BLAME THEM. I may find myself in the same habit of reloading a lobby if i see too many Western names.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

This is the reason and proof. The reason why Japanese players leave if they see more than one Western name enter a match. AND I DONT FUCKING BLAME THEM. I may find myself in the same habit of reloading a lobby if i see too many Western names.

But I only fight in 1v1 or 2-player co-op (where it's only one connection anyway). And like, maybe you just got unlucky, you know? Yeah, I get bad lag on occasion, but there's no trend. I'm just as likely to get lag with a Japanese player as I am with an English player.

Nah its not unluckiness. Its bad fucking lag from bad internet connections in the US, because it always gets laggy with Western/American names. If its not movement lag, its input lag. Its a pattern ive noticed simply playing For Fun as well. Its pretty bad when guys with moon runes for names never lag even with items and scrolling stages, but a 1v1 or team fight in FG with no moon runes lags so bad, you cant function. Yet more moon rune names i play with, the less lag actually happens. When i look on Spectate, i notice most of the matches/people online im gonna get paired with are on the East Coast of the US.

rip in rip.

I'm just as likely to get lag with a Japanese player as I am with an English player.

Then, its you thats causing the lag.