3rd time's the charm

Levy

Hopefully I keep this tread alive.

Sig_zpse127179d.png

An update version of my sig.Some are cusotm other are revamps.

1oM_zps927f80c7.pngRiesbyfe form melty blood I may try my hand at every other character.

• 3 weeks later...

Not bad sprites. I quite like some of the designs you've done here. I especially like the redesign for the Cavaliers.

The color choices seem pretty good as well, shading mostly on point. The colors of some of these sprites seem a bit over-saturated through. Less saturation and a bit more contrast for some of the colors would maybe make them pop a bit more whereas at the moment some of the colors just blend into each other, something less obvious zoomed in but from further away can make the sprites details harder to reach.

Proportions on the customized sprites, the two Lords, Fighter, custom Magic user, and Soldiers are a bit off.

I like the designs for the Lords, however...their torsos could do with a bit of shrinking down a pixel and perhaps widening of a pixel as currently they seem too long and skinny in relation to the rest of their bodies. The female Lord in particular seems to be at strange angle compared to the regular Fire Emblem sprites as her legs and torso appear to be directly facing the screen whereas some shading and reshaping could have her appearing more at the regular 3/4 angle. The knees on the female Lord appear high as well.

I've provided an example of how I think those issues could be fixed and thoughts on height proportions. Hope this isn't out of turn.

PROPORTIONS-FireEmblem_zps4189f4ac.png

As for the rest here are my suggestions:

-the Fighter is not bad but has a leg at a strange angle, and some of his limbs seem more noodle-like than possessing bones and joints.

-The magic user is mostly proportional issues with a long torso and short legs.

-The soldiers have angling and proportional issues, they could use slight widening of limbs and such to avoid looking like sticks as well... unless the idea was to have them appear as some sort of skinny junior soldier?

Kudos on the Meltyblood guy, he looks cool, but does again have some of those proportional issues. Think that could be resolved by some simple edits/pixels shaved off. Excellent to see full customs like this!

...Anyways, keep at it, you've got some good stuff. Just continue making stuff while keeping proportions in mind. Best way to develop those custom skills is practicing and creating!

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archer reavamp

Up2_zpsb33b30da.png

To clear the misconception it isn't a fighter or journeyman but a new class.

Brusier->Assailant

The 2nd one is a verison with a shorter axe.

Up_zpsf1bafcca.png

Another new class a war monk basically a armored dark/light user.

Up3_zps43cce738.png

Ivan,a hero of legend type character in my head canon.

Ivan_zps47b52b6d.png

His class is the banneret,a cross between a merc and knight.

• 9 months later...

So an update after a year becuase mostly I haven't been sprite in the fe style:

Banner3_zpsuvfigns5.png

Some banners for my continent called Zeltaire. The blue is pre modern Zeltaire while the green is modern.

From top to bottom(Blue):(pre-modern is missing)Cyrin Empire,Shiertine Empire,Surinese Empire

Modern:1st row Cyrin,2nd row East Shiertine,Estella,Renora,3rd row NEWSC Surin,4th row Unknown archipelago,5th row Venir,6th row Avona,7th row Shval

Heros3_zpsibzqxlor.png

My lords(left to right):Ivan,Issac,Justin,Drake,Fei,Ann

FightF_zps0dxtlbhd.png->WarriorF_zpsxhi81vpo.png

Newcrasder2_zpsi4hdtypo.png

Female fighter and warrior along with a crusader which now is somewhat accurate except the headgear.

For non fe sprites:

Here's Riley RileyAC_zpswsq2l2qa.png the main character of indie game I may or not be making called chroma driver.The style is bizarre mix of fe and megaman zx.

Changing the width or shading of a sprite by even a few pixels can significantly change proportions when you're dealing with these sizes. I'd make sure to closely reference existing sprite work, especially for leg widths and lengths. A lot of yours seem a bit off. Lots of chicken legs. I like the concepts, just make sure you're not going too off book with proportions and shading.

Edited by deranger