Does anyone want a Fire Emblem game for Wii U?

IceRicer

I have been wondering for some time now if they will ever make a Wii U Fire Emblem game (and no I am not talking about the fire emblem x shin megami tensei game). What do you guys think about it? Does anyone actually want a Fire emblem for Wii U? Much less would they get it if it did? Feel free to give your thoughts about it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as I loved the Tellius games the most, I really want a Wii U FE. IS just needs to wait a bit for that though, because the Wii U still isn't selling like the 3DS. But a Wii U FE has so much potential for a long, well written story, polished gameplay features that could include what we saw in RD as well as Awakening, lots of support conversations, a sizable cast with balanced screen time, and multiplayer and online features. And I haven't even mentioned DLC yet. The Wii U is powerful and its games can hold more content and do more than the 3DS can. And as the icing on the cake, we'd be playing FE in beautiful HD graphics!

So I predict that if IS does all this, markets the game well, and makes it when the Wii U has gotten a good number of sales, it could surpass even Awakening's sales.

But if they don't, this thing will bomb. It's pretty much a hit-or-miss case that IS really needs to be careful with.

But I do seriously think that a sort of fusion of RD and Awakening with PoR's support system would be the most perfect FE game ever. :D

Edited by Anacybele

But I do seriously think that a sort of fusion of RD and Awakening with PoR's support system would be the most perfect FE game ever. :D

Perhaps other systems could be mixed in as well.

Particularly, bringing back 3rd tier classes from RD. I think that would fit beautifully in Awakening's branching class system.

Honestly though, I disagree with you a little bit about the announcement date. Wouldn't the announcement of it increase the sales of the Wii U based on how popular FE Awakening was? Hell, Awakening was one of the reasons I got a Nintendo 3DS, alongside OoT3D. Awakening sold super well, especially for an FE entry.

Perhaps other systems could be mixed in as well.

Particularly, bringing back 3rd tier classes from RD. I think that would fit beautifully in Awakening's branching class system.

Honestly though, I disagree with you a little bit about the announcement date. Wouldn't the announcement of it increase the sales of the Wii U based on how popular FE Awakening was? Hell, Awakening was one of the reasons I got a Nintendo 3DS, alongside OoT3D. Awakening sold super well, especially for an FE entry.

That's why I said Awakening mixed with RD. I want the third tier classes to return as well.

And I would hope for that, but considering that I've heard some people say that they're not even buying a Wii U for Smash (because of the 3DS version, I guess), I don't know.

I love my Wii U and I really hope IS makes a FE game for it, but I think that if they do it will be after SMTXFE which we still don't when or if it is coming out. Considering how well Awakening has done I think that they will make one, but I think it won't be for a couple of years and it might not even be for this gen of consoles, but I hope that IS does make one for Wii U.

I would love one, but I'm not sure if it would be the best business decision,

This sums up my view.

Would I like one and consider it perfect for Wii U with the extra screen? Yes.

But, the Wii U's sales as a console are.... um... I can't think of a good way to put it nicely!

Fire Emblem isn't selling consoles. Even with the FE13 boost, it's not going to.

It might work if SSB boosts Wii U sales enough, but It's still probably better to stick to good ol' handhelds.

Hm.

No, not really. I found I really dislike playing FE on a TV. I think they fit the handheld perfectly. I can't even pinpoint exactly why, but no, I wouldn't want a WiiU FE. (And I would not buy a WiiU for just one game)

I have been wondering for some time now if they will ever make a Wii U Fire Emblem game (and no I am not talking about the fire emblem x shin megami tensei game). What do you guys think about it? Does anyone actually want a Fire emblem for Wii U? Much less would they get it if it did? Feel free to give your thoughts about it.

No thanks. I am about 90% less likely to finish a strategy game that requires me to be chained to my TV. I have a WiiU and stuff like Mario Kart looks great but Mario Kart and SSB work with a crowd in the living room. They benefit from community. I enjoy FE much, much more on a handheld.

Personally, I never understood how people enjoyed handheld FE more than home console FE. The only handheld FE I like a lot is Sacred Stones. Awakening is a good game, but it's just not amazing to me. And FE7 is kind of boring. I barely touched Shadow Dragon.

I felt much more immersed in the battles in the Tellius games because I could experience them in 3D AND on the big screen. And they have longer stories than even Awakening because the GC and Wii could do that compared to the GBA and DS at the time. Awakening's story is short, rushed, and terrible because the game tried to squeeze in too much side content and not leave enough room for a longer, better developed story.

I have a WiiU and stuff like Mario Kart looks great but Mario Kart and SSB work with a crowd in the living room. They benefit from community.

That may be because Mario Kart and Smash Bros. have highly developed multiplayer and online modes Fire Emblem could have a mulitplayer mode too if it could just take Awakening's Streetpass team feature and turn it into you setting your army against someone else's via the Outrealm Gate or something and both of you command your units instead of one team being controlled by the computer. And didn't Shadow Dragon have some form of multiplayer too? Just kick it up a notch, I say.

Since FE games often have four different colors of units (blue for player, red for enemy, yellow for partner, and green for neutral/NPC units), the game could even take those colors to enable four-way battles in multiplayer. How sweet would this be? There could also probably be a feature that could let you choose whether to use your trained units or to build a new army from generic classes to test your tactical skills with a fresh team. Make this generic team random or fill it with your favorite type of units! I think this would be so awesome.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't particularly just because my situation currently means any console other than handheld is out of the question, so WiiU means I can't play it, but I'm not going to be against a FE on WiiU because I can't play it either.

I feel like FE is something I can play on the go, though, which I've always liked about that. I don't like to be stuck to a TV period, and it's not really a game where I absolutely need to see precise movements to work. I don't even put the animation on most of the time.

If the Wii U iteration to the Fire Emblem series were to include an MU, I wouldn't mind it much, as long as they make him a silent protagonist, like the option in the Japanese version of FE Awakening, at least then we'd be able to feel like we're actually playing the game.

I like custom units. I just don't like it when they give him a personality, because then he's not one.

No. I'd rather they continue making FE games for the 3DS. Since it sells more than the WiiU, it'd benefit both IS and me, because I only have a 3DS.

Handhelds just feel better with FE.

Like I wouldn't mind the nice upgrade to HD graphics... but really, I think a lot of the veterans really preferred the sprite style anyway.

Remember the disaster that was FE9's battle animations?

Excusable because it was their first time working with 3d models in an FE game.

And of course... "I can play on the go."

What was wrong with PoR's battle animations? And didn't RD have better ones anyway?

The fact they were really awkward (especially on maps).

Ranger Ike holds his sword in possibly the oddest way I've ever seen. And I thought non-Sword of Seals!Roy was weird.

I agree that the map animations were kind of awkward. But I never had any issue with the actual battle ones.

I like the way Ranger Ike holds his sword... :(

Edited by Anacybele

I think IS learned how to handle 3D battle scenes since Radiant Dawn. Something like Awakening is good enough.

Also, FE doesn't need much of a console's hardware anyway, so there's nothing to lose from choosing the 3DS over it.

I agree that the map animations were kind of awkward. But I never had any issue with the actual battle ones.

I like the way Ranger Ike holds his sword... :(

Go take a empty wrapping paper roll

Draw two lines on opposite sides to represent edges

And try it.

It's so awkward I could cry.

There are other odd things too (ie the camera when using unpromoted Ilyana. I'm glad FE10 fixed that...)