SF Interviews - Nomination for #38

Makaze

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is hoshi's comment they just made gone.

eh nah i was going to hide this and pm you but i'll leave it here instead

the comment was pointless and toxic and i'm sick of shit like that in this thread.

EDIT: i'll just clarify: this is not the thread to walk into and be pointlessly edgy. more shit like boney's last post from pages back will be suspension-worthy. thank you.

Edited by Integrity

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Integrity, December 3, 2014 - apparently they self censored
Hidden by Integrity, December 3, 2014 - apparently they self censored

Edited by Sophie

double post clarification: if you're mad about that decision pm me about it and do not post it in the goddamn interviews thread thank you

EDIT: i'm going to school now. i'll check my pms variously throughout the day, but this matter is closed as far as this thread is concerned.

Edited by Integrity

eh nah i was going to hide this and pm you but i'll leave it here instead

the comment was pointless and toxic and i'm sick of shit like that in this thread.

EDIT: i'll just clarify: this is not the thread to walk into and be pointlessly edgy. more shit like last post from pages back will be suspension-worthy. thank you.

i have a name. call by that, please. my post was just suggesting that makaze make a rule where people have to add a reason for their nominations to count, because this is not a poll. this is actually a relevant thing. it was deleted because of my tone but either way i think that rule would make this a fair contest.

Edited by xXHoshiHeartsXx

i have a name. call by that, please. my post was just suggesting that makaze make a rule where people have to add a reason for their nominations to count, because this is not a poll. this is actually a relevant thing. it was deleted because of my tone but either way i think that rule would make this a fair contest.

it's a popularity contest, refa was popular, refa won. i don't get where your hangup is? people will just make up reasons to nominate somebody if they're spurred to action with that rule in place, how would you deal with that? the reason has to be subjectively "good enough"?

better question, why do we care so much about this thread?

it's a popularity contest, refa was popular, refa won. i don't get where your hangup is? people will just make up reasons to nominate somebody if they're spurred to action with that rule in place, how would you deal with that? the reason has to be subjectively "good enough"?

better question, why do we care so much about this thread?

if people have to write a reason, they actually have to put at least a bit of thought into their post so we would have a bit less of those people who just dropped in and voted for a stranger because people were spamming "VOTE X PERSON" in a skype group chat. even if we were super lenient about what reasons were allowed it would be better than nothing and more than just a poll with write-in entries.

my friend who has trouble opening up socially would have talked about themselves a bit more which they have a hard time doing, and losing made that person sad because some people they know just didn't care to vote for my friend sometimes because they were yelled at to vote...someone else first. i was not happy to hear that at all. i rarely ever post anywhere nowadays but i came here because it mattered and that's why.

Stop giving this thread so much importance. Get a little bit of perspective for good measure. This is in the spam board of an internet forum, for starters. I understand your friend could have benefitted from this in some way, and I do care about that and about how she could have a better day, but you should realise that stirring up this much drama is overshooting the issue and that this whole thing really doesn't matter very much. And I'm being friendly here, ftr. I don't want to continue this line of conversation in this thread any further so this is my first and last post about it. If you wanna keep going feel free to shoot me a pm and even add jprebs to it if you want, but at least drop the discussion in this thread.

For the record, we're locking this thread and handing out warnings/suspensions if you guys aren't able to act reasonably. No more dumb drama.

Edit: and no, you can't purposely cause drama to try to get the thread locked. That's just a free trip to purgatory.

Edited by Tangerine

Oh, I misread tangerine's post, and thought this topic was already locked.

That's all for now... -_-

It is locked, you've been promoted to moderator and are disregarding my orders by continuing to post in a locked thread. I think a demotion is on the horizon for you.

but i'm posting here too

does that mean....

Holy CRAP

if people have to write a reason, they actually have to put at least a bit of thought into their post so we would have a bit less of those people who just dropped in and voted for a stranger because people were spamming "VOTE X PERSON" in a skype group chat. even if we were super lenient about what reasons were allowed it would be better than nothing and more than just a poll with write-in entries.

my friend who has trouble opening up socially would have talked about themselves a bit more which they have a hard time doing, and losing made that person sad because some people they know just didn't care to vote for my friend sometimes because they were yelled at to vote...someone else first. i was not happy to hear that at all. i rarely ever post anywhere nowadays but i came here because it mattered and that's why.

Is Jprebs that friend? If not, then disregard this.

If I were being 'fair', I would have disqualified Jprebs from their first post because they attempted to get votes by pretending not to want votes. I have a distaste for vote campaigning. It's nearly as bad as self-nomination. My distaste for attention seeking public self-deprecation is even stronger than that. I let it go because it was an amusing joke. If it happens again and causes more drama then I will disqualify anyone who tries to get votes like this permanently.

Is Jprebs that friend? If not, then disregard this.

If I were being 'fair', I would have disqualified Jprebs from their first post because they attempted to get votes by pretending not to want votes. I have a distaste for vote campaigning. It's nearly as bad as self-nomination. My distaste for attention seeking public self-deprecation is even stronger than that. I let it go because it was an amusing joke. If it happens again and causes more drama then I will disqualify anyone who tries to get votes like this permanently.

You'd have to disqualify Refa too then lol. I didn't look over everybody, but one of the people voting for Refa hadn't even posted since September. I highly doubt he decided this thread was going to be his comeback.

Edited by Tangerine

You'd have to disqualify Refa too then lol. I didn't look over everybody, but one of the people voting for Refa hadn't even posted since September. I highly doubt he decided this thread was going to be his comeback.

Refa didn't campaign for votes himself as far as I can tell. The ringleaders of this nomination period would be the ones disqualified.

more questions for refa

3. What killed none but still killed twelve?

4. Can you prove or disprove the following statement?

If, a^x + b^y = c^z, where a,b,c,x,y,z are all real positive integer where x,y,z > 2, then a,b,c share a common prime fact.

5. If you can prove or disprove the above would you send me said proof?

how fun is/was prolog? huehue

what are you mainly studying in computer science (afaik, is it just straight up comp sci?) now and how RIVETING is it?

Edited by Tryhard

Refa didn't campaign for votes himself as far as I can tell. The ringleaders of this nomination period would be the ones disqualified.

To be honest, SF's community is just incapable of participating in threads like this one the way they were intended. Eventually they always end up a weapon for bothering other users or as some kind of competition (both of which can be seen here, as early as the third round...).

Even if you created rules against vote stuffing, it would still happen.

edit: and as for this post, I dunno who I'd consider the "ring leaders", as I didn't look into things much. But either way it'd be nearly impossible to police.

Edited by Tangerine