(outdated, delete please)

Dragoncat

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I have that stuck in my head as a cheesy soap-opera scene.

Ashnard: Bryce... I murdered someone... And that someone was my father!

*audience gasp*

Bryce: What? No! But... But you told me... I thought I was the murderer! Why? Why did you have to go and murder him?

Ashnard: Because... Soren is actually my son!

Bryce: NOOOO!!!

*Tune in Next Week for 'As the Oliver Turns!'*

Mist: No... Rolf. I lied to you. The truth is, I was never lost in the Serenes Forest. I fled! I had to! Ike was going to promote me to a Cleric and I wanted to be a Valkyrie! I had to flee so Elincia could tutor me!

Rolf: But... How could you? How could you turn mounted? You know mounted soldiers always outclass foot soldiers! It's like I don't know you anymore Mist!

Bryce isn't all that emotional about the reveal, actually. lol

He's just like "...yes, I would still serve you even with this knowledge." This is the main reason I feel Bryce must've had a shitty past or something. Because lowering himself to serving an actual murderer and wicked king? Yeah, he's loyal to his country and all, but...he just seems like he feels he deserves to sink this low and that he has no reason to live otherwise. And when someone feels like they have little reason to be alive, they're normally pretty depressed and stuff over some past events.

Losing his wife in childbirth and then getting drunk and conceiving a kid out of wedlock would fit the bill.

Also, fun fact: Bryce was originally planned to survive the Mad King's War and appear in RD. A full color RD portrait for him was found in the game data. I have a feeling that IS wanted us to learn something of this possible depressing past and give him more depth, but just couldn't fit it in.

Edited by Anacybele

Arcane smith works.

And wow, I didn't know that! But I guess it could be a good thing they didn't. If you created Jerec before RD and they did, you might be faced with having to change a lot of stuff.

Let's see...author's notes for this one? You can't tell from the sprites I made of them, but yes, Frostbite has a bigger face ruff than Blaze. When I draw them though, that headcanon is included. I hope I caused a few chuckles with this chapter, poor Boyd lol. I bet he's not going to rush right into trying something new like that again for a long time. And Ike would SO call the average noble an airhead.

Haha, yes, Ike would. XD

LOL at Boyd screaming like a baby! I had him do that in one of my fics too, where he and Oscar went over a waterfall by accident. Boyd literally screamed "I WANT MY MOMMYYY!!" They were looking for Ike and Elincia, who also happened to go over the same waterfall earlier. :P

Will the mages get a bit sometime soon?

I'm planning on it. Once things blow up you'll definitively see more of Kelly.

Edited by Dragoncat

Ah, awesome, I thought as much. :)

I've been making nice progress on the first chapter of my Jerec story myself. It's just gotta go through Falchion1984 once I finish...lol. It's going to be part of the collection of short side stories that he always puts his two cents in, so yeah. He was also the one that originally created Jerec as well, so it's only fair. We co-own him since I still came up with much of his backstory and he was made for a revision of one of my fics.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I kinda co own Valmas and Xemar. Lost contact with their original creator but he told me I can do what I wish with them, he created them specifically for WoC.

That Boyd, what a sissy. Guess flying is not for him. :P

Lol yeah. He wouldn't like that sissy comment xD He strikes me as the type who would rush into things without thinking it over first.

The pirate captain's name comes from Guardians of Gahoole ^_^ Great books...they are about a world of owls, and there's also a Soren in them. I was racking my brain trying to think of how to implement my minor laguz OCs. Ended up showing character flaws (finally) and throwing one of them in there at the same time!

Ooh, things get very interesting! And yeah, fighting amongst themselves and having Ike call them all out on it is good. It DOES show that your characters can make mistakes and then get some flack for them.

Good chapter. ^^

Good little update, Dragoncat. I read it and enjoyed it very much. Haha, I could almost see Cerai rush Shinon. You should have written about her slapping him like a boss or something. I don't like Shinon.