Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit laguz transformation

Hell yeah, now to get the commands for the mauthe doog sounds to complete the animation. More are on the way ( I actually finished two more laguz animations, but they're not completely new ;)).

I like how the transformation is super-quick as to not bog down animated fights.

Yeah, you can't have too many frames for the transformation part because it'll get cut out and go straght to the standing frame. It's a win win situation.

Wow... This hack is coming along swimmingly. Keep it up.

Thanks, I'm still tweaking stuff, catching the bugs here and there and stuff. I'm aiming to release a patch for FEE3. I'll keep posting to keep everyone updated.

*random user comes out of nowhere*

Hello!

I am really interested in your hack, I saw a YouTube video featuring the strategist class, and I am hyped. More hyped than ever. That's the reason why I volunteer as a tester. I can totally understand if you do not need any more, but well, you have to try to be of use to someone, right? You can contact me on skype, though as my username is my real name I will just tell you my visible name, it's Cain Doppler.

I hope to hear/read from you, good luck with your hack!

Also just to mention I'm not really active here, but that's no big deal, I guess?

If possible, i would love to see beaststones for Baels and Mogalls. If not, that's perfectly cool.

This hack is doing pretty good so far! Hope this gets done soon

Ooh baels would be an interesting one. Never thought about using them till you mentioned it. I have a couple of laguz type classes already and I need to figure out how many types of laguz classes would be too many and the balancing of their stats and whatnot. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm aiming to release a public patch for FEE3.

*random user comes out of nowhere*

Hello!

I am really interested in your hack, I saw a YouTube video featuring the strategist class, and I am hyped. More hyped than ever. That's the reason why I volunteer as a tester. I can totally understand if you do not need any more, but well, you have to try to be of use to someone, right? You can contact me on skype, though as my username is my real name I will just tell you my visible name, it's Cain Doppler.

I hope to hear/read from you, good luck with your hack!

Also just to mention I'm not really active here, but that's no big deal, I guess?

Thanks for offering to be a tester, but I think I have enough for now. If I ever need more though, I will let you know.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I last updated. So I'm pretty much finishing up tweaking chapter 2 and heading into chapter 3.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the sound effects for the mauthe doog to work for my custom animation. I know that in shadowofchaos725's notes, the command for it is 5A for the growl, 5B for the bark, and 5C for the howl. Putting those in the script didn't play the sound for some reason. But the original animation works fine. If anyone has an idea on how to get this to work, please let me know. With the help of circleseverywhere, I got the sound to work for the ulfos animation! Yay!

Knives are working for the most part, just the battle frame darkens a bit before the animation is played. Hurray for no more glitchy lines!

I tried a bit in making battle frames. This is just a mock up of what it would look like when it's inserted.

FlaC1oX.png

Nothing too fancy, just wanted to try inserting this before going all out. Any pointers on making this better is definietly appreciated. =)

First time inserting it and here's the result.

iAAxl9K.png

Oh...Well not exactly what I had in mind. But hey it was my first time attempting it. Proabably should leave that for later.

Edited by OreoStyx

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I got the ulfos animation fully functional and learned how to set generic palettes for custom animations, I've been playing around with palettes for the ulfos. Going to work on other palettes here and there and continue working on chapter 3.

kbFX9n5.png

Order of the palettes: Ally, Enemy, NPC, Other/Arena

First time inserting it and here's the result.

iAAxl9K.png

Oh...Well not exactly what I had in mind. But hey it was my first time attempting it. Proabably should leave that for later.

I'm not sure if anyone told you via message or if you already knew, but having it show up like that probably means that you inserted it correctly, but that your image uses too many unique squares/is too complicated.

I'm not sure if anyone told you via message or if you already knew, but having it show up like that probably means that you inserted it correctly, but that your image uses too many unique squares/is too complicated.

I had a feeling that was the case. I've seen other battle frames that were much more fancier that were inserted alright, so I though mine was simple enough. I'll simplify it further and try to reinsert it again when I have the chance to.

I had a feeling that was the case. I've seen other battle frames that were much more fancier that were inserted alright, so I though mine was simple enough. I'll simplify it further and try to reinsert it again when I have the chance to.

It might be that the ones that seem more complicated are cheating by using the same pixels but rotated 90 degrees. Using the same edges for the boxes can help alot with simplifying the graphic, just make sure that they all line up the same or it won't help. Good luck.

login to discord more than once in a blue moon

07/09/2016

Um, if you need help with battle frames, I've got a lot of experience tinkering with them

I can and will gladly make your battle frames cooperate with whatever you need

It might be that the ones that seem more complicated are cheating by using the same pixels but rotated 90 degrees. Using the same edges for the boxes can help alot with simplifying the graphic, just make sure that they all line up the same or it won't help. Good luck.

Oh, so that's how they do it. That makes a lot of sense.

login to discord more than once in a blue moon

I can and will gladly make your battle frames cooperate with whatever you need

Really?! That would be awesome! I could use the help since I don't have much experience when it comes to making battle frames. I'll pm you the frame and we can work from there.

• 2 weeks later...

You mentioned new classes. I like that. Here's some of mine if you're interested. If not, sorry.

Wyvern Mage: Uses spears and anima tomes, Wyvern

Pegasus Medic: Spears and staves, Pegasus

Dark Knight: Dark tomes and swords, horse

Landsknecht: Axes and spears, foot unit

Ooh thanks for offering some ideas for new classes. I was going to change the falcoknight to use spears and staves similar to awakening's. Haven't really have many ideas for brand new classes yet since I want to focus on getting the patch ready for release in two months I think? Whenever FEE3 comes out.

Copy and pasted from my FEU thread on what I have so far class wise that are new/changes to old classes

[spoiler= List of New Classes]
* Tactician: The MyUnit character. At the start of a new file, the name and affinity you chose will show up when you check the Tactician's stats. The gender will show up during important scenes in the game.You will be prompted to selecting which weapon you want to use (sword, lance, axe, or bow). The tactician can refresh units using "Rally."
* Grandmaster: Tactician promotes to this class. Again, you will be prompted to make a choice, this time you'll choose which type of magic you want to use (Anima, Dark, Light). You will still be able to refresh units and use the weapon you previously chose at the beginning of the game.
* Aendar (Originally Yamanu, but didn't sit right with me, so I decided to change it): A race that are able to shapeshift for battle (Laguz equivalent) More will be added in the future
* Ulfos (Wolf Laguz/Wolf Skin equivalent) They'll use beaststones in battle
* Ludrak (Dragon Laguz/Manakete equivalent) They'll use dragonstones/firestones in battle
* War Monk: This one is WIP atm. Not sure whether the monk will promote to this class or the priest. But whichever class promotes to the War Monk class, the other will promote to Bishop.
* Griffon Lord: WIP Use Swords and magic

[spoiler= Changes to Old Classes]
* Thieves/Assassins: Will be able to use knives. The knives won't be part of the weapon triangle. It will combine with the bow to become a new weapon level. So instead of just a bow weapon level, it will now be a projectile weapon level. The knives and bows will have weapon locks so that only thieves and assassins can use knives and not bows.
* Falcoknights: They will no longer be able to use swords, but will be able to use staves instead.
* Wyvern Rider: Switch from using lances to axes.
* Wyvern Lord: Use Axes and lances, switch out swords
* Bandits: Changed stats so that it's more power based
* Fighter: Changed stats to have more skill and speed
* Pirate: Changed stats to be in the middle between the other axe users
Probably will add female equivalent classes as well (Mercenary, Hero, Cavalier, Nomad, Nomadic Trooper)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...