Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could say that I did. But sadly I broke my finger and got two other fingers pretty cut up. So I couldn't make it in time. So updates will have to go much slower and maybe even a hiatus. It gets kinda frustrating when you can't do much work with three less fingers. =( I'll update when I can though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2016 at 9:35 PM, escotanner said:

Aw... feel better.

Thank you. The first week with the injuries was a very rough one but don't worry I healed up for the most part.

On 10/22/2016 at 11:20 PM, CriticalCollection said:

Well you should try to let your wounds heal first so after that you can focus on your task. ;-;

Definitely took my time with this as much as I hated having to take a mandatory hiatus.

On 12/3/2016 at 7:31 PM, lobonhibbin said:

the strategist should have the emblem weapons, the ones that read "a strategist 'weapon name' "

I have used the emblem weapon slots many of the original item slots to replace them for items such as beast slayer weapons, knives, beaststones, etc. So I would need to expand the item table as well as the weapon icons and I need to look that up and figure it out if I want to add emblem weapons for the tactician.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:45 PM, Ranger Flash said:

looking forward to this so take ur time.

Thanks for being patient and understanding. :)

Much needed update. Somehow forgot about making a post in the thread about the status of the hack. Sorry about the huge lack of updates. I'm slowly going back into it and I find myself tending to jump here and there when it comes to working on the hack. I mean I was working on this rather than working on chapter 3. Z3CjdYi.gif

Some fixing up is needed with the timing, but hey I got transformations in there at least. I'll admit that I tend to work on things that are way ahead of where I'm currently at and I need to stop doing that lol. Seriously, I was working on Andros' promoted animation and 2 other custom animations when I was working on chapter 2. 

Speaking of animations, I'm redoing the tactician's animations. I've looked at the comments posted on the youtube video I posted to showcase them and I felt that I need to make them more unique, rather than reskins of the originals. The only one I'm keeping is the rally animation. Any ideas or suggestions on the tactician's fighting style? Having some trouble with matching the fighting style with the tactician.

I need to focus on getting the patch out. I think the trouble I'm having atm is maintaining the motivation to work on this. It always comes in bursts and I would prefer a steady one so that I can actually get a patch going.

And sorry for the wall of text. =p

Edited by OreoStyx

• 3 months later...

Almost done making the bow animation for the tactician. Also reworking the plot a bit as well as the dialogue. Going to release the patch after chapter 3 rather than 4 because I want to get you guys playing as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This project started at 2014 and it's still going. Damm...Looking forward to get my hands on it but sheesh the wait has been too much. I almost  forgot about the Hack and by accident I remembered it by a random youtube video. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2017 at 3:46 AM, Almighty Arc said:

when will it be downloadable? take ur time thanks

Can't give a specified date because every time I do it never happens. It think it's jynxing it tbh lol.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:58 AM, CrimsonMarth said:

Are you submitting anything for fee3 this year? 

Have to say no because again rl stuff happens =/

On 7/17/2017 at 5:23 AM, Aceano said:

This project started at 2014 and it's still going. Damm...Looking forward to get my hands on it but sheesh the wait has been too much. I almost  forgot about the Hack and by accident I remembered it by a random youtube video. 

Sorry that you have to wait so damn long for this thing. I'm actually happy that you accidentally remembered haha. But i do have a small update. I find that I tend to get the motivation to get back into hacking by working on the graphical stuff. So here ya go. 

Updated the soldier animation

GkaaE7m.png?1 

And did a recolour of the cavalier animation

rOEzUaS.png I will do the same for the female cavalier and both paladins as well. Got the colour schemes down, just need to put it all together. But I'll hold off the paladins till when I need it. :)

I have a week off from work, so hopefully I can get right down to it and make more progress on the hack.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, that's so cool! It reminds me a lot of the Hack idea I had in mind. First, the protagonist was about to be an Assassin knowing multiple weapon skills, but now, he's a Lord, to make it with more sense.

There'd actually be four weapon types;

Sword - C;

Lance - E;

Anima Magic - D;

Dragonstone.

Yep, there's a Dragonstone. Though, you guys start to make me wonder if I should add Bow to him.

He also has a little sister, who only has Bow and Anima.

Really, I just need to get strong at making hacks and sprites, and there you go.

6 hours ago, FabOulus1 said:

Dude, that's so cool! It reminds me a lot of the Hack idea I had in mind. First, the protagonist was about to be an Assassin knowing multiple weapon skills, but now, he's a Lord, to make it with more sense.

There'd actually be four weapon types;

Sword - C;

Lance - E;

Anima Magic - D;

Dragonstone.

Yep, there's a Dragonstone. Though, you guys start to make me wonder if I should add Bow to him.

He also has a little sister, who only has Bow and Anima.

Really, I just need to get strong at making hacks and sprites, and there you go.

I think I can be president

Really, I just need to get strong at politics, and there you go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey there sorry to bother you but I recently discovered your rom hack and thought it looked really good even at the earlier stages, but i was a little upset to find out that you hadn't posted anything in over 6 months. I was just wondering if you're ok and if you're still planning on finishing your hack??

• 3 months later...