Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everybody, a much-needed update is in order. First, I apologize from going AWOL for a long time. A lot of things have happened since I've last updated and I'll admit my motivation for the project has dropped immensely. I worked on this project for far too long for it to end up dead so it may seem like it, but it's not. It's just incredibly taxing to take on a hacking project by yourself for the most part. It makes it much harder to get back into it when I'd end up stuck on a portion of the hack and lose the drive to work on it. Because I've been gone for a while, a lot of stuff has changed with how things are done with respect to hacking. So I pretty much have to relearn how to hack again.

I'm starting on migrating over to FEBuilder from FEditor and picking up things as I go. Before I get into the hacking portion, I want to work on the world building and plot of the hack first because I felt that it needs to be built more in order to have a solid story. I think that's part of the reason why I kept getting stuck with the hack. Every time I felt like going back to it, I look at my notes and see where I left off, and then I'd lose that motivation immediately and drop it again for a bit. I know it's not fair for everyone that you have to wait for such a damn long time for me to release something, but I just felt that I can't release it till I feel it's ready.

I would like to ask for help on it, but I feel that because I've been away for so long, it wouldn't be fair to those who offer help either. I could lose that motivation again and be on another long hiatus and I don't want your efforts to go to waste. I do appreciate the help I've received in the past and those who have offered in the past though. I won't forget the help that got me this far in hacking, even though it's not much yet. Maybe once I get things going again I'll accept help, but for now, I'll take baby steps. 

TL;DR: I took a long hiatus and am back for who knows how long. Sorry to those who have waited for this project and I thank you for being patient with me.

So, for now, a little snippet of what I was working on. A6Svasq.png

37 minutes ago, OreoStyx said:

Hey everybody, a much-needed update is in order. First, I apologize from going AWOL for a long time. A lot of things have happened since I've last updated and I'll admit my motivation for the project has dropped immensely. I worked on this project for far too long for it to end up dead so it may seem like it, but it's not. It's just incredibly taxing to take on a hacking project by yourself for the most part. It makes it much harder to get back into it when I'd end up stuck on a portion of the hack and lose the drive to work on it. Because I've been gone for a while, a lot of stuff has changed with how things are done with respect to hacking. So I pretty much have to relearn how to hack again.

I'm starting on migrating over to FEBuilder from FEditor and picking up things as I go. Before I get into the hacking portion, I want to work on the world building and plot of the hack first because I felt that it needs to be built more in order to have a solid story. I think that's part of the reason why I kept getting stuck with the hack. Every time I felt like going back to it, I look at my notes and see where I left off, and then I'd lose that motivation immediately and drop it again for a bit. I know it's not fair for everyone that you have to wait for such a damn long time for me to release something, but I just felt that I can't release it till I feel it's ready.

I would like to ask for help on it, but I feel that because I've been away for so long, it wouldn't be fair to those who offer help either. I could lose that motivation again and be on another long hiatus and I don't want your efforts to go to waste. I do appreciate the help I've received in the past and those who have offered in the past though. I won't forget the help that got me this far in hacking, even though it's not much yet. Maybe once I get things going again I'll accept help, but for now, I'll take baby steps. 

TL;DR: I took a long hiatus and am back for who knows how long. Sorry to those who have waited for this project and I thank you for being patient with me.

So, for now, a little snippet of what I was working on. A6Svasq.png

its alright. Take your time. :) We in our own ways understand

• 4 weeks later...

I just found out about this hack in progress, hacking isn't easy and it takes a lot of dedication and effort to make it work. I think part of the reason why you're stuck is because you don't have any help. In my opinion I think you should get some people to help you and keep you motivated to continue. This hack looks amazing, and I know it will be very rewarding once it releases!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am alive, just been very busy. The project's not dead, just been in and out of motivation to work on it. But I have made progress on it since the last time I've updated. Been practicing to get the hang of FEBuilder and I've managed to insert a knife animations. 

Sorry for the potato quality. Been a bit rusty with making gifs.

https://imgur.com/a/TYG1pSe

I'm also rewriting the prologue chapter so I'll post a patch for it when it's done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I'm taking the time to learn how to use FEBuilder and relearn eventing a bit. I'm thinking of moving things over to FE8 but the only issue is figuring out how to implement the tactician there. It would make things easier with how much stuff has been documented for FE8.

EDIT: 11/11/2020 It's been a long time since I updated this post and I apologize for that. 

Motivation is very fickle to me and likes to come and go whenever it wants. Plus 2020 is a massive flaming garbage dump. I’m about 60% done with carrying the prologue chapter from FE7 to FE8. Going to copy and paste from my FEU update post here.

I’ve updated the world map to a nicer version and will include the “Magvel” world map introduction events.

fe82_053.PATCH.20201027001659_01.png.b24d80e3b979d1f254907b5f089f6100.png

I've also updated the title screen a while back but forgot to make the post here. Sorry about that.

title_fe8.PNG.6e83bf6889c5238045bcbdb79ac0691a.PNG

Changed the stat screen as well.

fe82_053.PATCH.20201027001659_04.png.b6507a5571fbb440281b29a3a5b564dd.pngfe82_053.PATCH.20201027001659_02.png.4eda8fcc8374d2f279d802c334aa3988.pngfe82_053.PATCH.20201027001659_03.png.bc23c1cfc9247298b6b5b0a2d7a37db1.png

I was stuck on figuring out how to assign weapon levels to the tactician character based on player choice. So it took some time, but my workaround is that the tactician will have a rank level of “E” for all weapon types and will be given a bronze weapon to level up the weapon of choice. The weapons other than the bronze weapons that are originally E rank will be bumped up to D to avoid the issue of the tactician being able to wield all weapon types regardless of player choice.

I’ve also been redoing the tactician animations to make it more unique and not just a reskin. So that will take some time to do.

However, I’ve been tweaking the pegasus knight animations in order to have a larger range of palette choices.

pegpalettetest.png.f2ee2d9bec8988f3fa5cb5bd8997e399.png

Here is the new version of Zemira’s palette. I’ve also included the new palette for the falcon knight class as well. I’m going to edit the animations for both classes in order to have a public release in the future so that everyone can have the opportunity to colour their pegasus the way they wanted without the restraint of having the pegasus’s mane be stuck on yellow.

I’m also working on the ulfos (wolf) animation so that a transformation animation is included. I’m aiming to make it be similar to the manaketes’ animations in the original fire emblem games. I will also make that public once I finish it and have it working in my hack.

Edited by OreoStyx
Don't want to double post for an update.

• 1 year later...

Hi @OreoStyx. This is prob not a question I should be asking here, but is there anyway you can send me a Download link to your Strategist Animation? I am making a ROM Hack myself with a Strategist  character and I (or anyone on my team) knows nothing about spritework. I will give credit if you agree. If not, I will look elsewhere. 

• 4 months later...

Buddy...a 2015 fire emblem hack and now we are at 2021. Project has promise. Now it looks like a graveyard. 6 years. I hope you launch it. But you certainly lost alota followers here.