Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

This looks really neat! I'm really digging how some of the portrait sprites have full-custom elements to them, although I'd look out for pillow shading on some of them. They look nice at a glance, though, so I think they need to be touched up rather than redone altogether.

Also, a Bow Lord is nifty. It's a good thing he doesn't seem to start out as the only member of your party, though, 'cause that could... cause issues...

I'd like to see Andros' battle sprites animated, instead of just static screenshots, but I suppose that must wait for the time being. I'm assuming you've got all the animations for him set up? (Attack, critical hit, dodge, unarmed, unarmed dodge)

I'm definitely looking forward to giving this a playthrough when it comes out!

Yup, animations are done for Andros. I actually have three more custom animations, but that won't be shown till later on. I will post Andros' animation soon. Or maybe the prologue chapter itself when I have the time.

I will second this, you've got some of the neatest little custom ideas on splices I've seen in a while (hats yeah~) but you do need to watch your shading. Specifically in regions like this: 7147d3a581.png

The lines are very thick, and flat, and as said by Starlight, pillow shaded. What that means is that it looks as if you're shading with the lightsource all around the item. You need to pick a side for the light to come from, and shade appropriately. Try to make your lines crisp and thin as well, using the second and third shades to add depth where appropriate. You don't need an excess of third shade, ever. It's definitely used for accenting your color palette.

Best of luck.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll definitely work on fixing the pillow shading (my archnemesis, I curse you!).

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Bump again* (Am I allowed to bump so soon? If not, I'm sorry!) Anyway, here's the video of Andros' battle animation.

http://youtu.be/s7BNMkkDOqc

Don't know when the video of the prologue video will come out (that is if you guys want to see it right away or wait till I release a patch and play it yourselves).

However; there will be a delay with releasing a patch because for some odd reason I can't open up the animation manager tool in FEditor. So I may have to start over unless I figure out why it's not working. Tried the saving it, closing it and opening it again and no results so far. So we'll see how it goes from here. I will keep working on it though, so don't you worry about that.

i think what rune means is. The arrow is being fired very suddenly after being pulled. Perhaps you should slow down the timing before Andros releases the arrow. As if he is taking time to aim.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a nice animation, keep it up!
Although when he dodges the cloak look weird for me...

I think the cloak doesn't have any outline, is it just me or...?

• 2 weeks later...

i think what rune means is. The arrow is being fired very suddenly after being pulled. Perhaps you should slow down the timing before Andros releases the arrow. As if he is taking time to aim.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying what rune meant. Will make the changes to the animation.

It's a nice animation, keep it up!

Although when he dodges the cloak look weird for me...

I think the cloak doesn't have any outline, is it just me or...?

You are right, it doesn't have an outline. It's been a while since I made the animation. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll definitely fix it.

So after the holidays, I started over with a fresh new rom and worked from there. So with that, here's an update!

-added in a couple of soundtracks

-a new class joins the battle

-Chapter 3: Honour Among Thieves is almost done, just some tweaking here and there. Here's some screenshots.

mdifSFP.png

Enjoy till next time! =D

Spiff. I like green bandit wolf's animation palette. :B

Thanks, hopefully I can come up with nice palettes like this one. =3

i'm liking the direction, keep it up dude man

Thank you! I plan to add more classes that could use the beaststone. Just need to start working on those animations when I get the chance. For now I'm going to finish up the chapter and work on the next one. I think once I complete the next chapter, I'll release a patch so that people can try it and give some feedback on it.

I get a real deja vu (that's how you spell it, right?) when I see the wolves. Especially on an inside map starting outside. Was there another hack like this?

Yeah there's one.

I do believe it was Kitty's hack... ONE of her failed one that is.

Yeah there's one.

I do believe it was Kitty's hack... ONE of her failed one that is.

skitty is a dude

unless there's another kitty :o?

Edited by justawhitegirloninstagram~

• 4 weeks later...

not a necro yet but guy are you alive?

Yup. Still alive, friend. Just been doing other stuff as of late. But, I've been working on the 4th chapter map and finished working on a new animation.

Only been like 26 or so days-Not a necro, technically

Phew, I almost forgot when I last made a post. Need to keep tabs on that.

• 3 weeks later...