Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

Hey Oreo, (lack of internet and RL stuff has made Skype hard to be on lately, apologies)

Anyways, Liking the new screens. :D

Tactician animations looked fun, nice work on getting those done. Healer girl's custom design is simple but looks really nice, great touch to give her a bit more uniqueness.

Rai's new pallete seems cool,I honestly didn't have much of a problem with the previous one... But the new blue is much more eye catching, so it works well. :)

I can see Matt's point that the blue bow kinda clashed with the Red and green of the rest of Andros' design... I thought the shades/brightness of the colors worked well though. Might want to watch out for the grey/white colors of the bow blending into the colors of the rest of Andros' design.

...I dunno, what color do you want to try for? Brown bow might stand out more, White bow could work but needs to be right shades to look right, same with grey bow but...Grey bow sounds cool at least as a nickname? >.> :p

I personally think the grey/white works alright, but that just a touch darker or bolder on the shades for it would help it stand out more? *shrug*

...anyways, enough nitpicky things. Looking forward to seeing what awesomeness you come up with next! :D

It's totally understandable. I'm potentially going to be a bit more busier in the near future. So progress on the hack will slow down (hopefully not too much though).

I'm glad that you're liking the screens so far. The cleric doesn't have too many frames, so it was pretty easy to make a custom animation for her. Yeah I was fine with Rai's original palette, but now I like it a lot more. So yeah, it all worked out. =) I tried to use brown for the bow, but his gloves are brown too so it was hard for me to get the right shade. But I'll try to get the right shade of grey/white so the bow doesn't blend into Andros. Grey bow does sound like an awesome nickname! I'll most likely will use that for Andros haha.

Going to keep working on the plot and gameplay. I think I'm 90% done with the prologue chapter. I'll most likely send you and the other beta testers a new patch once I get the plot all sorted out and finish the prologue. I think it's easier to send patches out chapter by chapter so that it's much easier to make changes before working on the next chapter.

Hahaha, welcome to the internet!

*throws confetti* I know that the internet is not the most flowery place, but it could be better, ya know? Although having tons of cats and rainbows on the internet is not that bad. XD

yeah, now if something is straight up hateful and baiting. I just ignore it completely. Its not worth the time and the instigator just wants to fuck with you

Very true, I do the same. It just bugs me at first when I first see it. But then I just move on and do something productive, like taking a nap.

Oh, so now you want to go, bruh? 1v1 me irl fgt

Anyways, I personally like the progress of the hack from the screenshots/videos so far

Is that a challenge? XD

Awesome to hear that. Although you guys definitely deserve a much better quality videos in the future though. They be blurry as hell. For sure I will learn how to edit videos so that you can enjoy more custom animations in a more crisp quality.

Thanks for listening Oreo, I think Rai and Andros look way better now. Luck with the hack :)

I know, Ain't I awesome?

Thanks, glad that the changes are for the better. I'm always willing to hear feedback/suggestions and what have you. It's the only way I can make my hack be decent and fun to play.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome to hear that. Although you guys definitely deserve a much better quality videos in the future though. They be blurry as hell. For sure I will learn how to edit videos so that you can enjoy more custom animations in a more crisp quality.

Install CamStudio's v1.5 lossless codec and use it via VBA's internal record function.

That, however, will give you a massive file, but it will be of full quality.

edit: Or did you mean that when you edit the thing the quality goes down

Because I'm clueless on that front :S

Edited by Eliwan

I used vba to record the footage and then used windows video maker thingy to edit. I think it's when I publish it that the quality goes way down. I'll figure out how to get the video to publish at the right quality. I'll try out the camstudio codec thing as well so I can see which method is the most effective way to do it.

camtasia is free for 30 days and really intuitive. I make my videos with it.

There's also Lightworks, which I believe has a free trial, if not a free version, though I can't vouch for either.

It's not exactly intuitive like Camtasia, but I found it to be less, I suppose, clunky?

yup, just uninstall and delete the registry keys then reinstall trololol

Hey, cracks always work xD

is that a challenge? xD

Yes, yes it is xD

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the REALLY late reply (This is Yui Hirasawa, this will forever be my name to avoid confusions). Hmm, I haven't seen you on lately. I had some things I wanted to show you (Mainly dialogue issues). Let me know when you're on Skype next and I'll dig 'em out of puush.

Hey, cracks always work xD

Yes, yes it is xD

Haha, well then challenge accepted! =p

Sorry for the REALLY late reply (This is Yui Hirasawa, this will forever be my name to avoid confusions). Hmm, I haven't seen you on lately. I had some things I wanted to show you (Mainly dialogue issues). Let me know when you're on Skype next and I'll dig 'em out of puush.

Yeah, I haven't been on as of late because I'm super busy doing irl stuff. I'm working on fixing the plot, so I definitely need to chat with you on Skype. I think I'll have a bit of free time in the next couple of days since Canada day is coming up and I get a day off, so I guess we can look forward to that. I'll try to aim for tomorrow. But if not, Wednesday for sure.

1v1 at the park after school tomorrow

Will there be a way to change the tactician's portrait?

that would take solid amounts of wizardry so i'm guessing no.

that would take solid amounts of wizardry so i'm guessing no.

1v1 at the park after school tomorrow

Will there be a way to change the tactician's portrait?

I've played a hack where you can change the portrait by choosing which gender, but I think that's it. Just one male, and one female.

Yeah, Dream of Five has that

Oh, really? I haven't played Dream of Five for a long time. I should play it again and mayble it'll motivate me to figure out how to change the tactician's portrait depending on the gender the player chooses. If I am able to pull this off, I'll probably need to make a female and male mug for the tactician.

Oh, really? I haven't played Dream of Five for a long time. I should play it again and mayble it'll motivate me to figure out how to change the tactician's portrait depending on the gender the player chooses. If I am able to pull this off, I'll probably need to make a female and male mug for the tactician.

Yes, in the beginning there is a bard (who also uses the tactician's name) who is narrating the story of Renair to some kids, and the bard's portrait changes depending on your choice of gender.

Femalepost-9443-0-15847100-1435765837_thumb.png Malepost-9443-0-64052600-1435765838_thumb.png

it's an easier trick than you guys make it out to be

as it's a dialogue-only distinction, the "TEXTIFACTF" command makes it pretty simple

*Facepalm* Can't believe I did not think of this. Haha, I guess I was away from hacking for a bit too long.

Oh, I thought he meant like full blown aesthetic customization like MU lol my bad

Lol, it would be too much work. If I were to go that route, the hack would NEVER get a pubic patch. XD

Goddamn it. XD I definitely need sleep. My brain somehow completely missed that! I could have sworn I typed it as public and not pubic.

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us ; ]