Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

Haha yeah, that's very true. Hopefully I can figure out a schedule where I can hack a bit a day and be able to make some progress on the hack without tiring out too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that I have a somewhat regular schedule, here's a mini update.

4jZtECP.png

Going to make the zoomed in map sometime soon. I'm going to work on the tactician's mug sprite because after returning from a small hiatus, I noticed that the tactician looks pretty tiny compared to the other mugs. So expect new mugs for the tactician. Also going to try reinserting songs now that we could use up to 12 tracks. Anyone have any suggestions of soundtracks I should insert into the hack?

welcome to the world map club!

Thanks! Now to join the cg club!

RXOyG9m.png

Just ignore the arrow that's floating outside of the text box. I will get to fixing it soon! Hopefully I'm able to insert more cgs in the near future. Also planning to make some gameplay changes here and there while I'm at it.

findaninstrumentalversionofyubukirigenmanforasadpiece

I will definitely check this out. Hopefully I can find an instrumental version.

It's a pity that the colour limit makes it look a a little bad in regards to the people and the planet.

I'd recommend brushing it in GIMP or something and then colour-crunching through Usenti to get a more workable graphic but I've no idea how the palette works for CGs.

I think that it looks really cool. The main thing is that the two people on the sides look much more detailed than the man in the middle of the CG, which makes it kinda odd that he's there and that they are on the sides.

I tried using the CG maker but the rendered image didn't look very good. Here's a comparison of the cg.

xtSerfU.png

The original is the cg without reducing the colours to 16 or using the cg maker. The 16 colour one was the one I inserted into myhack. For the new version, I made the sepia layer not as transparent so that when I reduced it to 16 colours, the man in the middle would have some shading and not look so flat.

Anyway, I fixed up the Tactician's mug.

NhlfkXy.png

I also made a female/male Tactician mugs that will show up in scenes here and there. I'm thinking of the tactician removing their hood during important scenes or something like that so that I don't have to have alternate conversions every single time the tactician shows up in a scene. I'll put a spoiler tag so that you can wait till the public patch comes out to see the mugs or you can click to see them. It's up to you. =)

q18Yb3z.png

Hmm, they look good, but I think the female and males look a little TOO alike. I know you want to make them look practically the same, but you should add a few more distinctive features. For example, long hair on the female, more refined eyebrows, perhaps earrings or a slightly smaller body structure. Wait for more expert opinions, I'm just throwing them out so you have an opinion on the site.

the hood isn't low enough to justify the new avatar's eyes being shaded. It really looks like his eyes are just scooped out for no reason. Try making the hoodie part go lower, at least to his eyelashes or something

Stereotypical-ish things to differentiate female/male with that aren't long hair:

·female version has sharper/rounder jaw (not changing this is understandable if the hooded version has to cover both genders for technical reasons)

·smaller or less shaded nose

·eyebrows that aren't as large but are instead darker just above the eyes

·smaller, lippier mouth

·slightly smaller head/shoulders (just a few pixels; not Florina-level)

That being said, I do like the simplistic difference of the eyes and earrings, so well done on that! Ghast is right on the hood not being low enough to cover the eyes, though; add the eyes back but shade them as darkly as you've shaded the face to make them less prominent. Think of FE7 Ephidel's hooded portrait and how his eye pretty much glows, then go for the opposite of that.

Also, cool CG is cool 8ʬ8

Thank you for the feedback, guys! I made the changes to the mugs and hopefully it's an improvement.

Here's the gender neutral mug sprite.

hT4G7qQ.png

And here's the female and male mug along with the orginal for comparison.

Before:

q18Yb3z.png

After:

78qSoKF.png

just saw the cg thing earlier in the topic. doesn't look bad though all i can think of when i see it is that all the people in it are doing jazz hands for the middle object, then all it would need would be a spotlight. did ya make the cg yourself?

The improvements are a giant leap in the right direction! Good going.

... You might want to make the eyes slightly less bright in the hooded version, though. It looks kind of "O_O" at the moment.

So I just wanted to say that even though the mugs look cool, since they have a hood on at first you don't to make them have the exact same hairstyle. I like how they look atm, but just something too keep in mind.

:drool: Female tactician is beautiful! Especially with the improvements!

Thank you! It's thanks to the feedback that I can make the mug look better.

just saw the cg thing earlier in the topic. doesn't look bad though all i can think of when i see it is that all the people in it are doing jazz hands for the middle object, then all it would need would be a spotlight. did ya make the cg yourself?

Yup I made the cg myself. And now I can't unsee the jazz hands! XD

The improvements are a giant leap in the right direction! Good going.

... You might want to make the eyes slightly less bright in the hooded version, though. It looks kind of "O_O" at the moment.

Thanks! I guess I could use that mug as an angry mug or something. I tried to make the eyes a bit darker.

1rNrmTq.png

update your sig

I will update it as soon as I fix up the tactician's mug. So, it should be very soon. Should I make the sig smaller? Or keep it the way it is?

So I just wanted to say that even though the mugs look cool, since they have a hood on at first you don't to make them have the exact same hairstyle. I like how they look atm, but just something too keep in mind.

Thank you for your input. I think I'll change the female's hair a bit to make it maybe less curly and longer to make it more easier to differentiate from the male version.

• 3 weeks later...

Been trying to figure out how to make a major game mechanic work. So in the meantime, here's another little update.

JfjKpqe.png

Here's an updated bow lord sprite.

ApkiEvp.pngh4ceXnm.png

Also tried making class icons. Going to have the pegasus and wyvern go under one flying unit category, rather than be separate in order to include the beast icon. I've also been working on weapon icons and I'm planning to replace all of them. So something to look forward to I guess. ^^

Thanks. That's actually the beast icon, the horse icon will remain the same. I guess I need to tweak it a bit more so that it's more different from the horse icon and has more contrast. I replaced the wyvern icon for the beast icon and I was testing it out on a clean rom to make sure it looked alright before inserting into my hack.

• 3 weeks later...

Back again with a major update! After many grueling hours of staring at my event script (currently clocked in at 805 lines!), with a lot of help, I've managed to make the game mechanic that I mentioned in a previous post work! What's the game mechanic you ask? Well I don't know if I should show it now, or reveal it in FEE3? Muahaha, I will hold off the reveal for now. >:} But I will show you some interesting glitches I encountered while trying to make the game mechanic work.

jEr9TaT.pngEtTGFxQ.pngkiDJzcl.png

So now I can go back to working on fixing up the gameplay and plot and hopefully get it ready for FEE3. So again, something to look forward to!