Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

someone news of the hack?

As arkel said, news on the hack will be shown on FEE3 and on Ghast's monthly digest videos that's going to cover FEE3. On the FEE3 schedule, it's been posted that Scions of Kings will be shown on October 3rd. The reason I haven't mentioned anything since the last update was because I rather show it, rather than tell. Makes it more fun that way. =p

I can verify that Oreo is working hard on this. They have some pretty cool stuff to show. :)

I can verify ErrantShepherd's verification that I'm working hard to make a patch ready. Winter Public patch is coming. So please be patient. =)

So if you haven't watched it yet, FEE3 footage of Scions of Kings has been out for a day. So get to watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkEnxbMwnzc

Yes, there are a few mishaps that occured in the footage. *Facepalm* I cringed when I saw them. But hey, that's what happens when life decides to bite you in the ass and forces you to put things off till the very end. Currently working on chapter 2, so we're getting closer to that public patch. I managed to fix most of the issues that was in the video, so hopefully they won't show up again!

• 3 months later...

Sorry it's been a while since the last update. I had to take a bit of a hiatus because I haven't been feeling well for the past couple of months, but I'm feeling a bit better now. I've been working on the plot, so I've been making a lot of changes to what I had before. So I don't have any screenshots to post right now, but I will soon.

Here's a list of things that I'm planning on doing atm:

• Finish fixing chapter 2 and 3
  • Get knife animation working properly
  • Improve the tactician's animations
  • Work on chapter 4
  • Insert world map and world map events (Not sure if this will be part of the first public patch or not. But I will take a stab at it and figure out how to make it work. I aim to make it work though. ;))
  • Insert title logo (Again, this one's a maybe. Haven't tried inserting one yet. Need to make one first haha.)
  • Warp powder as an item? (It's in the planning phase atm.)
  • Release public patch (I will release it once I get chapter 4 done and have the patch playtested and whatnot.)

There's probably more stuff that I'm going to do, but these are the ones that I remembered right off the bat. I will try my best to update more often.

• 1 month later...

glad to see you're back!

Thanks! Hopefully I'm well enough to continue hacking at a more consistent pace.

Dude this looks really awesome. I look forward to playing it.

Thank you! I'm going to try and tweak the hack enough that's it's ready for a release soon.

i wait

It won't be a while till a patch is ready but I'll keep posting updates till that time comes.

This looks amazing.

Does the Blackstaff appear, or no?

Uh what Blackstaff? Sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Posting a small update again:

oL8e4mK.png

Using the danger zone patch. So now you can plan out how to play the chapter.

To make up for an incredibly small update, some official art of Andros I cooked up while getting into hacking again.

s6X1kwx.png

Been trying to figure out how to get warp powder to work. But so far, I only managed to only change the warp staff to an item and use it on adjacent characters to warp, rather than the character that has it in possession. But I'll keep on working on it.

Edited by OreoStyx

I don't know what WoK is tbh, so Blackstaff will automatically be a no show, sorry. I guess the backstory was just a coincidence. I mean I'm definitely not the first to come up with it that's for sure. OreoStyx did not come from Oreseur as well because I don't know OreSeur either. Oreo is my cat's name and Styx refers to the river Styx in Greek mythology. Plus there's Oreo sticks as a snack, so there you have it haha. But you've got me curious about WoK, so I'm going to check that out. =)

I have heard about the Mistborn series before, but I've never read the books. So I find it pretty neat that my username is similar to OreSeur.

Update time again, but this time it's a much bigger update than the last one. Well in my opinion anyway.

einohqi.png

Wait a minute...This isn't Elibe! I was testing this on a clean rom and the Yedraes world map's A-OK for insertion! Awesome!

0nXHr6G.pngXtQ1h8l.png

Zoomed in world map also ready for insertion! Wanted to make sure different portions of the map worked out ok. I remember the last time I attempted inserting the zoomed in world map, the colours were messed up and I couldn't figure it out for the longest time. I realized I messed up the palette order, so the transparent colour was wrong. Did not notice that till a while ago. So I went back and fixed all of the pieces and now it's working! So I just need to learn how to do world map events and then world map events will be part of the release. So I can scratch that off the to do list. Yay! =D