Morgan theories

I have multiple theories.

Some of them are what I've made sense of the others' speculation. Bolded Lucina is Present Timeline Lucina with her identity revealed. Italicized Lucina is another Lucina in a different timeline.

1. Morgan came to the world shortly after MU meets Lucina before being married to a person. Creating a third timeline where Morgan arrives to the present world with his/her former party of Lucina and others but due to Grima influence, everyone else were killed off while Morgan survived losing his/her memories in process.

2. Morgan is sent as an agent in a timeline similar to Future's Despair after slaying Lucina and others, but due to influence with either Naga or MU's memory loss, Morgan ends up losing memories and forgot his/her duty to Grima's cause remembering only the parent's love (before they became Grima that is. lol)

3. Morgan came to the world with Lucina and others when MU married Chrom/other Shepherd before meeting Lucina, but due to Grima's attempt to inference with the time travel everyone becomes separated and a link between Morgan and Lucina/others are lost when Grima, assuming, tried to possess him/her after failing with MU due to MU's fragile state.

4. Morgan is MU from another world coming back to his/her sense after destroying the world and barely sealed Grima inside themselves and time traveled to the past and acts like (s)he forgot something as (s)he ask Naga's proxy, Tiki to returns his/her age back to before present world MU's age and acts like their child. (This is something that I dragged out of my ass, but it can be a possibility, it is MU we're talking about.)

I have more but I can't find words to properly explain them, so these four should be alright for now.

Edited by Fateborn

I'm not too well versed in this topic all I know is that Morgan comes from a third alternate future most likely from the one in the Future Past DLC. Now this makes sense if the MU/Avatar marries a 1st gen character but if they marry a 2nd gen thats when things get weird. But now that I think of it Morgan doesn't have any memory of the other parent and was under some type of mind control by Grima in the Future Past could it be that she is somehow immaculate or made up of some weird magic and when she is sent back to the gameplay timeline along with the Chrom after they help beat the Future Past the connection was severed and she lost her memory. I Morgan being immaculate would explain how he/she is so OP for starters lol. The only wrench I see in this is the fact that she inherits the other parent's hair.

Ughhhh time travel.

One headcanon theory I have is that Morgan is a premie. Meaning he (or she) was born prematurely. He seems to look younger than almost all of the other children, though if he's the sibling of one of them, that's likely why in that case, but if not, then being born early is plausible. He also seems a bit mentally challenged and is pretty small. And these are characteristics of premies.

I have an accident lead to my Morgan's premature birth, but a number of things could cause it.

Edited by Anacybele

This is my theory. rant about how fake it is if you want .>.>

Remember there were two Morgan's in future past?My theory is robin actually had twins of morgan, one named Morgan, the other with a different name.One had to sacrifice themself, the one who does depends on the gender of your avatar, and allows the other children to travel to the past. But in the condition of forgetting that person forever. Morgan also had to make a sacrifice, losing his/her memory. She/He thought this was actually a good thing, so she could forget the terrible things in the future.

So what the game seems to hint at (through a few conversations spread through FP and Scramble) is that there are two different failure timelines: the original one, where the non-Morgan children you recruit came from, and an ALttP style one in which you, the player, get a game over (FP). Your Morgan is from the FP timeline: there are actually two of them, and the one your Avatar recognizes has a convo with him/her in which his/her faith in Grima is shaken. Subsequently, that Morgan is somehow transported back to the past, with memories wiped (likely by Grima). This is fairly solid as far as Awakening goes (though that's not saying much), it's perfectly possible for Morgan to be one of the 2nd gen units' child because the 2nd gen units were initially present in the FP timeline and died with the rest of the 1st gen units.

The main thing suggesting this is that during the Morgan convo in FP1/2, Avatar gives Morgan a tactics tome, which Morgan already has a copy of from Grima. In Hot-Spring Scramble, Morgan has a support in which that tome gets drenched and ruined (Inigo for M, Cynthia for F), and he/she says it's OK because they've got a spare (and don't know where it came from). There are a few others, but that's the biggest.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

One theory that i came up with, but don't agree with is that there cannot be more than one of a certain person in any timeline or world. So when evil Robin came to the past it wasn't him, but the universe trying to fix itself since there was already a Robin there. When Morgan came to the past he might have come with a twin or another Morgan already came earlier than the one who lost his memories. This could also explain Anna since there are so many. Anna probably traveled through the Outrealms so much that she ended up creating thousands of copies of herself each with memory loss. She ended up thinking that they were all her sisters. Anna is her sisters.

Another Morgan theory I have is that the FE7 tactician is actually Morgan. Morgan traveled through the outrealms to Elibe and lost her memories. The name she remembers is not her own, but the name of MU,

I have a hypothesis.

We know of two timelines for sure, timeline Alpha where Gen 1 units are killed and Grima forces Gen 2 units to time travel to timeline Beta. And we know of timeline Beta where the main game takes place. I propose the Morgan is from a point of time after the main game in timeline Beta and came back on her own accord. Either due to mishap with the spell or a purposeful action Morgan enters a previous point in timeline Beta with her memories damaged, in the temple of Naga.

Case of: Morgan is parented by gen 1 = True

Morgan of timeline Alpha is loyal to Grima and does not leave with Lucina. Morgan of future timeline Beta returns to an early point in timeline Beta to aid MU's group (she has strong class diversity and is just as strong as many of the other children, and probably stronger then most of gen 1 units)

Case of: Morgan has a sibling = True

Morgan wears a mask in the Future Past scenario's, he/she likely would have gone missing at some point to join Grima. Time frame for this is lets say teen years. Sibling doesn't know Morgan supported Grima and assumes Morgan traveled back in time after Lucina took the group back in time. Morgan of timeline Alpha remains and awaits Grima's return.

Case of: Morgan is parented by gen 2 = True

Grima or his minions detect another mark of Grima and move to investigate. Finding Morgan in the temple of Naga is a death sentence as his/her existence threatens Grima's power base and moves to eliminate. Other children would be meeting Morgan for the first time, Grima would not know where Morgan originates (he might figure it out by the end of the game though). Morgan is from a future point of timeline Beta, comes back in time as an aid (she is the strongest character in the game after all).

Edited by Dragonslayer9x

There is a total of three known timelines:

World line α doesn't spawn any more Grima after his defeat at the hands of Robin. Awakening's true end.
World line β happens after Chrom chooses to lay Grima to rest with the help of the Exalted Falchion. Awakening's good end.
World line γ: Grima is victorious because the children failed to perform the awakening. A future Past timeline.

There was no Morgan among the children in the γ timeline, hence it failed. Naga realizes this unknown factor has to be the key to success. Thus she makes Morgan the linchpin of her plot,

Naga is no god, but she can travel through time. She knows of the β timeline*.

Naga travels to the β timeline. She finds no Morgan. In fact Morgan is gone because β Robin still has the Fellblood in him, which means β Morgan has Fellblood as well, enabling γ Grima to seduce him/her into her/his servant. This happened to two different β timelines, the only difference between them being Morgan's gender. This is the explanation for the two Morgan's in the γ timeline.
Naga conceives the possibility of the α timeline and travels into this future, which in itself is a time paradox by the way. Just Naga things
*When the cast of Awakening encounters Naga for the first time, she states herself that she is no god because she doesn't have the power to create things herself, but her power is basically omnipotent, hence people calling her divine.
Morgan encounters Naga in the α timeline and learns the truth, agrees to Naga's plan to travel to the past, which was what enabled his/her current self to travel to the past because he/she already succeeded, since his/her own timeline was the ultimate proof.
In other words, he/she knows that he/she would succeed since being able to know she succeeds means she already succeeded in the past, enabling her existence.
To summarize, this is a loophole.
Morgan the genius - since he/she is basically a sleeper demigod him/herself - swiftly grasps all the intricacies of the plan, including the above mentioned time paradox it creates.
As long as this time paradox does not have a proper solution, time travel is definitely not a possibility. The appearance of a contradiction would mean the collapse of the principle of causality, the crumble of the theory of relativity, and even the breakdown of all the laws of physics.
With the help of Naga, Morgan wants to travel back in time to save the α timeline*.
This would create a grandfather paradox.
Thus, Morgan's memories have to be wiped to some extent to prevent the literal collapse of the universe. This explains Morgan's character archetype: He/she is intelligent and an airhead at the same time, some sparks of his/her former genius still remain even after the memory-wipe.
With the help of Naga, Morgan travels back in time to save the α timeline. (*déjà vu much?)
Ultimately, Naga trusts in the strong bond between Morgan and Robin to overcome the memory loss.
This is in line with the words Naga uttered right before the end of the game, in that there is a small chance that Robin might survive after he/she kills Grima. Robin's survival is pivotal for the success of the plan, since it will result in Morgan's birth.
Edited by Knusperkeks

Maybe Morgan had sudden amnesia when asked about Lucina

I think Morgan not remembering Lucina at first (but clearly being acquainted and such in their supports) is something akin to how Robin couldn't remember his own name at first

well there is a male and female Morgan boss in the future past part 1 and 2

male Morgan in part 1

female Morgan in part 2

Is this addressed to me?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• 1 month later...

Okay, a few things here.

For starters, our rules prohibit multiposting like that. Secondly, this topic has been inactive for more than a month, so I'm going to have to close this.