FE8 HM Low Turn Run vFinal

General Horace

I don't think so, but Chapter 11 might be able to be 2 turned.

Other than that, I don't really see any other chapters being bettered, the only other FoW chapter is already 1 turned anyway.

That being said, i've never actually done the enemy control glitch (not even with mines in FE7) so i'm not too knowledgeable on the subject.

Edited by General Horace

I don't think so, but Chapter 11 might be able to be 2 turned.

Other than that, I don't really see any other chapters being bettered, the only other FoW chapter is already 1 turned anyway.

That being said, i've never actually done the enemy control glitch (not even with mines in FE7) so i'm not too knowledgeable on the subject.

Do an LTC with the enemy control glitch so you can keep the record, or I will lol.

knock yourself out, I'm not interested in using glitches or in keeping records

The one less turn in chapter 11 means Artur isn't hitting warp in time for chapter 16 too, so it might not actually save a turn.

This run is making me want to try and LTC Ephraim Route.

The biggest problem is see with Ephraim Route is trying to get Artur enough staff exp to reach A staves as a Sage, since Artur will need to be the endgame warper due to Saleh showing up too late on Ephraim Route. Later access to the Barrier Staff and Tethys compared to Eirika Route don't help in that regard.

I'm also wondering if Tana would contribute anything meaningful on Ephraim Route when Cormag exists.

Tana also has one chapter less, but she'd probably still help out because 7 movement (and flight rules on the phantom ship)

You might just have to take a 2 turn clear in chapter 20 on Ephraim route, I don't think there's any way Sage!Artur is reaching warp on time (although there is a few more turns to spam mend in Chapter 9, and probably one more turn for torch on the phantom ship)

Later Tethys and Barrier really hurt though. I think there's one less energy ring on Ephraim route too, since Ewan comes with a dracoshield.

Well, if Chapter 16 isn't being 1 turned, then the lack of a 3rd Energy Ring isn't a huge deal, since Moulder wouldn't need to hit 14 magic anyway on Ephraim Route.

Well, Artur would probably have to staff spam every turn he has, but I think he should be able to reach A staves even as a Sage given the extra turns Ephraim Route provides.

From some theory-emblem I've done, I see there being at least 8 turns lost compared to Eirika Route between Chapters 9 through 11. In addition, Chapter 13 will definitely lose turns (there's no way that entire map is getting routed on turn 1) and Chapter 15 might lose a turn as well. So there should be enough extra time to get the required staff exp.

My theory-emblem turncounts are below.

Chapter 9: 8 Turns

Chapter 10: 3 Turns

Chapter 11: 5 Turns (maybe 4 Turns)

Chapter 12: 4 Turns

Chapters 13-15: Still need to plan these out.

Chapter 16: 2 Turns

Edited by Carmine Sword

I'm pretty sure 12 is 3 turnable - it's kill boss. FEWod doesn't have a map though so I can't see starting positions.

Selena's chapter is probably 3 turns, it might be two turnable but you're missing barrier in that case.

I think Father and Son is 5 turns, Vigarde is actually ridiculously hard to kill too.

I'm not sure if the desert is still 3 turnable though, there are some enemies that are wayyy out of the way.

Regardless it'd definately be a few more turns than normal.

Well for the desert, Saleh can handle the top-right corner well enough, and Vanessa can fly up to the top-left corner and deal with Callech and his mooks. The main problem is all those javelin-wielding wyverns over by Valter, as they are generally durable enough to avoid being ORKOed by javelins and hand axes (Artur will most likely be too busy trying to just barely reach A staves to deal with them). Even Duessel has trouble ORKOing the wyverns, although RNG-blessed Duessel looks like a good candidate for dealing with wyverns, especially since he'd probably have to go over there to kill Valter with Garm since Vanessa would be busy dealing with Callech.

Eirika can get the swiftsole I guess.

Just give Duessel the spear and he'll be fine (Vigarde drops it, right?)

EDIT: Oh it's in one of the chests, I seem to remember it being in the unfourtunate top right chest or top left one, and might be tough to get

Edited by General Horace

I think Rennac gets the Spear chest on his own, although he might have to die if I need it.

The issue with using the Spear is that I want to have enough uses left on the Spear for Leon in Chapter 17, although I guess I could just rig a javelin crit if I really needed to.

Curse Duessel for being too fat to be carried by any promoted mounted unit besides Great Lord!Ephraim.

EDIT: I feel like I'm derailing Horace's topic so I might make a separate topic to discuss Ephraim Route LTC strategies at some point later today.

Edited by Carmine Sword