FE4: Wrong pairing. How to proceed?

Erik Twice

I wanted to match Levin with Fury but before I could have them talk he fell in love with Sylvia, despite not being nearly as cool. What can I do to fix it? I can reload a save fom the beginning of the chapter but I'm not sure it would actually help since they gain love points just be existing on the same universe and Fury still isn't a match for the dancer in Levin's heart.

If I kill her, can I make Levin fall in love with Fury and then revive her? Or is there an easier way to do it?

I know LevinxSylvia is a good pairing, but I don't like it from a narrative point of view.

That exact situation happened to me. If you restart the chapter, MAKE SURE FURY AND SYLVIA DO NOT END A TURN NEXT TO EACH OTHER. If not, kill Sylvia, have Levin and Fury do their talk after conquering Silesse, then revive her. Nowadays I just stick Levin and Fury together and have them fall in love in chapter 3. LevinxSylvia also isn't that good, Corple joins very late and has no pursuit.

That exact situation happened to me. If you restart the chapter, MAKE SURE FURY AND SYLVIA DO NOT END A TURN NEXT TO EACH OTHER. If not, kill Sylvia, have Levin and Fury do their talk after conquering Silesse, then revive her. Nowadays I just stick Levin and Fury together and have them fall in love in chapter 3. LevinxSylvia also isn't that good, Corple joins very late and has no pursuit.

Also, i belive that they don't even gain the per-turn amount of love points if one is in the castle, so if you have a save from just before they fell in love, try teleporting her back.

Also, i belive that they don't even gain the per-turn amount of love points if one is in the castle, so if you have a save from just before they fell in love, try teleporting her back.

I have heard that but in actual playthrough I parked Sylvia in a castle when she got too cozy to Midayle (!) and they still became lovers. I ended up offing her because I wanted the subkids.

I have heard that but in actual playthrough I parked Sylvia in a castle when she got too cozy to Midayle (!) and they still became lovers. I ended up offing her because I wanted the subkids.

Oh. honestly, i heard that the substitutes are pretty good in this case. charisma is nothing to sniff at, and neither is elite with a high magic growth. both are useless in combat, but silvia's kids were going to be most of the time anyway (unless you did silvia/azel or something.)

Hiding her in the castle doesn't work, sadly.

I think I'm going to restart the chapter and get her killed. I don't think I can rush and capture the castle before they fall in love (14 turns) and I don't know how to cheat my way through.

Hiding her in the castle doesn't work, sadly.

I think I'm going to restart the chapter and get her killed. I don't think I can rush and capture the castle before they fall in love (14 turns) and I don't know how to cheat my way through.

Remember to get the defence sword first. (if you have time to get the defence sword, sell it, and kill her off in 14 turns.) Also, try putting levin next to fury for all 14 turns. They might be able to fall in love without the conversation.

Which castle is it? It might be easier than you think, the insane power of Sigurd can do a lot of things.

He means the entire first part of chapter 4 up to the levin/fury conversation, which is 2 castles. And one of them involves moving dew across the map (or moving through mountains, which is probably worse), while the other involves watching 3 or so turns of npc battle, and then crossing mountains.

Edited by sirmola

Yeah, you need to conquer two castles which are pretty far away from each other. I don't think it's possible to beat them so quickly.

Remember to get the defence sword first. (if you have time to get the defence sword, sell it, and kill her off in 14 turns.) Also, try putting levin next to fury for all 14 turns. They might be able to fall in love without the conversation.

While it's more than possible to reach that village in 14 turns and then make her attack the boss, I don't think my units are strong enough to do it without abusing the save system. There are enough trinkets in the game anyways, no need to rush ;)

Oh. honestly, i heard that the substitutes are pretty good in this case. charisma is nothing to sniff at, and neither is elite with a high magic growth. both are useless in combat, but silvia's kids were going to be most of the time anyway (unless you did silvia/azel or something.)

I love Sharlow and the 'Zerk staff. Laylea is made out of tissue paper so the application of Charisma there was pretty limited.

If Sylvia and Levin already fell in love, killing Sylvia will erase Levin's love for her. You can then have them talk after Silesse, then revive Sylvia. At least, it should work.

Edited by momogeek2141

If Sylvia and Levin already fell in love, killing Sylvia will erase Levin's love for her. You can then have them talk after Silesse, then revive Sylvia. At least, it should work.

I didn't know that worked. out of curiosity, what was your planned silvia pairing?

It doesn't work. I tried and they still loved each other. Which was weird because I remember that another character died in a previous chapter and Lachesis didn't love him anymore.

Oh well, it doesn't matter now. I killed her and now Levin loves Fury. I'll revive her once I pair up Brigid.

Wouldn't the jealousy system have allowed Fuey and Lewyn to fall in love without killing Sylvia? Fury has the higher priority so Sylvia wouldn't get any points and she would still be alive. What's done is done now though.

Wouldn't the jealousy system have allowed Fuey and Lewyn to fall in love without killing Sylvia? Fury has the higher priority so Sylvia wouldn't get any points and she would still be alive. What's done is done now though.

I didn't quite understand how the Jealousy system works, so I didn't try to use it but it should work since apparently you can funnel Sylvia's love points into Fury if you keep them like this:

SF

L

But that seemed difficult and, hey, she was annoying enough that getting her temporally killed would serve her right ;)

Oh, I realize now that I loaded a state and had Sylvia killed before thove. Oh well. BTW, who are you pairing brigid with?

Based on purely aesthethic reasons I'm pairing her with Lex. I suppose Jamka or any other guy I have unpaired would be better but I do like Lex a lot so why not.

No, its a good pairing. Patty can sleep swore abuse her way through the arena with ambush, and both children join a fair amount later than the others, so elite will help. Lack of pursuit really isn't a problem, as both of them get it via class skills. Personally I don't like Jamka because his skill will cause problems to characters who don't have a high base(AKA brigid's children.)

No, its a good pairing. Patty can sleep swore abuse her way through the arena with ambush, and both children join a fair amount later than the others, so elite will help. Lack of pursuit really isn't a problem, as both of them get it via class skills. Personally I don't like Jamka because his skill will cause problems to characters who don't have a high base(AKA brigid's children.)

Jamke!Faval can't hit the side of a barn with his magic bow.

Jamka's not a good father in general, BUT! He does make Scathach pretty good, high str, decent spd, odo blood to fix the ruinous skill. Lakche is better off with Noish cause she gets everything jamka gives plus critical.

Jamka's not a good father in general, BUT! He does make Scathach pretty good, high str, decent spd, odo blood to fix the ruinous skill. Lakche is better off with Noish cause she gets everything jamka gives plus critical.

Yeah, honestly if I'm going to pair up Jamke he's going with Ayra-- kids turned out just fine and all the multi-hit swordie skills were nice. Screw destiny.

I read about Lewyn accidentally getting Sylvia a lot. I think the mistake some people are making is leaving Lewyn and Slyvie next to each other inadvertently in Chapter 2, then dancing Ferry in Ch. 4 before taking Thove. Those are some pretty deliberate mistakes. You always need to be conscious of who is adjacent to whom in 1st Gen because of the pairing system, and fly Ferry out for village saving in Ch. 4 so that you're never tempted to Dance her.

Going by the love growth, if you do neither of these things, you can take as long as you want in every chapter up to 4 and it will be almost impossible for Sylvie to get Lewyn. Her love growth is only 2 points per turn, and she can only gain a maximum of 100 points per chapter by being on the same map as him. With their starting points being 200, they'd need to be on the same map from Ch. 2 - 4, Turn 1 to 50 in order to fall in love without triggering any events. That's not realistic if you are conscious of what you're doing.

As a safeguard for my first playthrough, I opted to sit Ferry and Lewyn next to each other from their time of recruitment, and they fell in love so fast, it made my head spin.

Edited by Inference

As a safeguard for my first playthrough, I opted to sit Ferry and Lewyn next to each other from their time of recruitment, and they fell in love so fast, it made my head spin.

I did that on my second play through onwards. I play really slowly, and I didn't want to take any risks.